9 Utterly Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

9 Utterly Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories

Post by IrishTiger »

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... es#slide-1

Some of these made me laugh out loud.....
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You mean, the Moon's not a hologram?!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Anytime I hear anything about the moon, I end up thinking about Despicable Me......Maybe the moon really was stolen, and a hologram is up in its place.....
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

~JCGJ~ wrote:You mean, the Moon's not a hologram?!
That's no moon...it's a space station

Till the end of the line.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You see, the "moon" was only invented by the government to give a reason for the "tides" (which are really caused by giant generaters in the ocean that provide the power needed to replace the sun (which is also a hologram), because it was accidentally destroyed during WWII, when then US did some nuclear bomb testing in space. The reason the tides travel around the Earth, is because if the generaters in one location were left on for too long, they would flood entire continents).
They/Them
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have looked at a coupe more websites and I'm actually starting to doubt the moon's existence. Ugh, I'm such a sucker for this stuff...
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I'm convinced that North Dakota doesn't exist.
Think about it:
Do you know anyone in North Dakota?
Have you ever been to North Dakota?
Have you ever see a North Dakota license plate?
(Except, I did see a Truck from ND (but only once)).
They/Them
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

My dad has been in ND....and I've seen license plates from there....but maybe SD took over ND and the government is keeping it from us......
~IrishTiger

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been to North Dakota more than once...but then, you've never met me, so maybe I'm lying and/or so deceived that I just thought that I was in North Dakota! :shock: The ice cream that I ate at Culvers was all a lie! :sniff:

It's amazing the things that people insist upon believing sometimes. The moon is a lie! :mad:
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

I've bean in Nourth Dakoota lotsa times. It daas exist. My uncle lives up dere, and I have met him.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Now I thought North Dakota was land rejected by both the US and Canada but they are masquerading as a state of the US hoping we forget that we rejected them.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:when then US did some nuclear bomb testing in space.
This is actually almost true. All good conspiracy theories have pieces of fact scattered around. That’s why people start convincing themselves about them.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Conspiracy theorists are really a conspiracy themselves... They are trying to get you side tracked with silly conspiracies so that you don't ever find out what THEY don't want you to know. :mrgreen:
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bookworm wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:when then US did some nuclear bomb testing in space.
This is actually almost true. All good conspiracy theories have pieces of fact scattered around. That’s why people start convincing themselves about them.
Exactly. Creating a convincing Conspiracy Theory is an art form that, I believe, has been all but lost... I'm trying to bring it back. :mrgreen:
rickyderocher wrote:Conspiracy theorists are really a conspiracy themselves... They are trying to get you side tracked with silly conspiracies so that you don't ever find out what THEY don't want you to know. :mrgreen:
SHHHHH!!! Don't rat us out!

P.S.I like your choice of smiley, BTW :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
They/Them
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Sometimes I wonder if every single "person" on the ToO are actually just Top running multiple accounts. :o
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I LOVED the "fake snow" conspiracy.

Yeahhh, the government is really going to drop millions of tons of ARTIFICIAL snow onto the country and hope that nobody notices. No. At some point, a chemist would wonder why snow is not melting in the microwave, and he would definitely be curious enough to examine it. The sad part is that a number of my friends shared it on Facebook... the scientist inside me died that day.

(Personal note: Some of my family members - including immediate family - are hardcore conspiracy theorists.)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jelly wrote:Sometimes I wonder if every single "person" on the ToO are actually just Top running multiple accounts. :o
I'll take that as a compliment. :mrgreen:

I don't have time at the moment, but I always love these awful advertisements that keep you watching to the very end (without letting you skip to the end) by promising to reveal some "crazy secret." :mrgreen:
Is anyone willing to watch this thing all the way through?
http://www.usdeception.com/vsl/index.php
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

IrishTiger wrote:Anytime I hear anything about the moon, I end up thinking about Despicable Me......Maybe the moon really was stolen, and a hologram is up in its place.....
I was eating as I read this, and when I got to the end I lost the ability to chew. \:D/
Last edited by Pirate Oriana on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I love a good conspiracy! Also, I'm Top!

edit: I had to remember my password for this old account. Yay, spammy-me from a long time ago.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Pirate Oriana wrote:
IrishTiger wrote:Anytime I hear anything about the moon, I end up thinking about Despicable Me......Maybe the moon really was stolen, and a hologram is up in its place.....
I was eating as I read this and when I got to the end I lost the ability to chew. \:D/
*snickers* My great grandmother didn't believe people actually landed on the moon. :noway:
~IrishTiger