AIO 25th Live Show - To Be Released?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

AIO 25th Live Show - To Be Released?

Post by AIOCREFan »

EDIT: OK, turns out this whole thing was all wrong. Read below.
AIOCREFan wrote:OK everyone, calm down.

I also received an answer to my e-mail to Nathan and he made it very clear that, while they don't have plans to release it as of right, that CERTAINLY doesn't mean they won't release it at all, and it is pretty likely they WILL release it.

And this means that Brock was wrong. He said to Reddo that there would be NO product release and it was even VERY unlikely they would even record it for their archives. Both of which are wrong. While I was extremely upset, Nathan's e-mail restored my trust in the AIO team. They wouldn't do such a stupid thing as not even record the show. They are smart people. They have brought AIO this far successfully and they will continue to do so in the future. So everyone, take a DEEP breath and calm down. There is nothing to worry or be upset about.

EDIT: By the way Bob, you are very loyal, even when I wasn't. Thank you for being the voice of reason. :)
Last edited by AIOCREFan on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I agree!

I love listening to my Live! CD but the DVD was, to say the least, very disappointing.

I'm really sad they aren't releasing this show... I would've bought it. :(

\:D/
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Me too, I was very sad ( and still am) when i found out they're not releasing it
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

We should make a petition!

:protest: RELEASE THE LIVE SHOW.

OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

where did you hear they are not releasing it? All of the Live shows have been released in some form, maybe they plan to skip the DVD, but that doesn't mean no one outside the Dallas Show will ever hear it.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I think AE has an online account to create petitions, maybe we should ask him. I will be very disappointed if I can not listen to the live show.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

OdysseyFan wrote:where did you hear they are not releasing it? All of the Live shows have been released in some form, maybe they plan to skip the DVD, but that doesn't mean no one outside the Dallas Show will ever hear it.
I talked to Brock a few days ago and he said they're not releasing it, they're not sure if they'll even record it for their own archives, there will be no product release
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Who is Brock?

And perhaps they could record it and put it as a bonus on an upcoming album?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Reddo wrote:
OdysseyFan wrote:where did you hear they are not releasing it? All of the Live shows have been released in some form, maybe they plan to skip the DVD, but that doesn't mean no one outside the Dallas Show will ever hear it.
I talked to Brock a few days ago and he said they're not releasing it, they're not sure if they'll even record it for their own archives, there will be no product release
That stinks. What? Do they think the show isn't going to be good or something??
Jonathan wrote:Who is Brock?

And perhaps they could record it and put it as a bonus on an upcoming album?
Brock is the guy who runs the AIO Facebook fan page, and helps with AIO official podcasts.

That's what I've been saying. I mean, it doesn't make sense that they won't even at least put the show on an upcoming album (as a bonus track). I don't see how they would be losing money that way, because people will buy the albums -whether it has the Live Show on it or not.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'd love to hear the live show, since I won't be able to be there to see it. :( I'd probably buy an album for it.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Whatever happened to putting live episodes in regular albums just like any other episode? That's the best way to do it, if you ask me. You can always drastically edit it and add to the foley later. Then, you don't have to worry about making a separate product profitable - it's just a regular episode. I wonder if they'll at least release the script. :-k
snubs wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Who is Brock?
Brock is the guy who runs the AIO Facebook fan page, and helps with AIO official podcasts.
Yes, his title is 'product marketing director' at focus. He took over for Josh Shepherd a few years ago. You really haven't been around in a while, huh? ;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Whatever happened to putting live episodes in regular albums just like any other episode? That's the best way to do it, if you ask me. You can always drastically edit it and add to the foley later. Then, you don't have to worry about making a separate product profitable - it's just a regular episode. I wonder if they'll at least release the script. :-k

They could even put it in MP3 or WMA format if necessary. Yes, I realize that it would not be a DVD but at least it would be available. It's just a thought that popped into my head since they did that with episodes (and other stuff) on the Gold Audio albums.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Laurie wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Whatever happened to putting live episodes in regular albums just like any other episode? That's the best way to do it, if you ask me. You can always drastically edit it and add to the foley later. Then, you don't have to worry about making a separate product profitable - it's just a regular episode. I wonder if they'll at least release the script. :-k

They could even put it in MP3 or WMA format if necessary. Yes, I realize that it would not be a DVD but at least it would be available. It's just a thought that popped into my head since they did that with episodes (and other stuff) on the Gold Audio albums.
Ya, they could at least just record the audio and make it available as an audio download. How hard is that?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Reddo wrote:they're not sure if they'll even record it for their own archives
Then why are they doing it at all?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:

Good point. I was wondering the same thing. They could save time and money by not doing it at all. If the actors are that expensive (or whatever the reasons are) they could just not do anything. It would save money after all and that seems to be the issue.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Laurie wrote:
bookworm wrote:

Good point. I was wondering the same thing. They could save time and money by not doing it at all. If the actors are that expensive (or whatever the reasons are) they could just not do anything. It would save money after all and that seems to be the issue.
Yeah... no offense to FOTF, but it really seems ridiculous not to let everyone hear the show, especially since fans would definitely buy an album or special release in order to do so...

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Also, why waste studio time to do this "episode" if it is not going to be recorded or released? If the actors are in the studio recording other episodes then they should record this one and release it. A special session just for one episode that is not even going to be recorded? That is total and complete stupidity. If it is the second option then my vote is don't even bother doing the episode at all. If it is the first option then record and release the episode, even if it is only in MP3 or WMA format. Even a download that fans pay for would be preferable over possibly wasting studio, not to mention the actor's time and FOTF's money. Again just my two cents. No offense intended.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

^Yeah, I don't understand it at all. I mean, it's even more ridiculous if they are not even going to record it for their own archives.

SWA wrote this in a different thread. I think he thought it was this thread.
Stop Wooton' Around wrote:If you do start a petition, you should mention it on Facebook so it would get more attention.
Last edited by snubs on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If I go I'll probably take my tiny audio recorder in to at least have a copy for myself...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

DanP740 wrote:If I go I'll probably take my tiny audio recorder in to at least have a copy for myself...
That technically wouldn't be against the rules since it is isn't filming or taking pictures. Everyone do it! Because technically if they don't have a product of it, it wouldn't be illegal to post it here would it?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.