Super Whit

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Super Whit

Post by Bren »

According to AIO Wiki, Whit is almost 90. Yet he still goes into all kinds of dangerous situations. Not counting the actors who are still working with AIO cause they go above and beyond the call of duty but how many 89 year olds tinker with computers or serve ice cream? Not to mention, working with the government.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

~Mark Prescott~
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

That is the awesomest picture I've seen in a looonnnggg time.

I didn't know Whit had lost that much weight! \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Buck Oliver wrote:...but how many 89 year olds tinker with computers or serve ice cream?
I don't know any personally, but I wouldn't be too surprised.
Last edited by Caswin on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Steve wrote:I didn't know Whit had lost that much weight! \:D/
Or dyed his hair apparently. :lol:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:
or started working out! :lol:

Till the end of the line.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:
or started working out! :lol:
or had a mustache! :lol:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Mark Prescott wrote:Image
I see your Superman...
And raise three awesomeness.

(original thread found here)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

We can go around and around on this argument, but Whit is not almost 90. I know, that whole "He was in World War 2" thing keeps hanging us up, but I'd say he was in his mid 60's when the show started, and by the best guess I can give, all characters should have aged only a little over 12ish years. We know it's been at least ten because of episodes like, "The Pact" Where Tom says he brought Agnes to Hillingdale "Ten years ago today." So I like to think Whit is probably just a little over 70. And yeah, that doesn't work. He wouldn't be a world War 1 vet, and 65-71 isn't even close to 12 years that he's aged, but I don't think Connie is even 25, and that would be the youngest she could be if we used how much time we already know has for sure passed in Odyssey. It just doesn't work, and it just never will... Always fun to discuss though :)

Sweet pictures by the way.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

My grandfather didn't stop tinkering with stuff or slow down until he was 92 and the only thing that stopped him was alchziemers. So it is possible.

But I agree with Dallas R. Whit isn't 90 yet :-
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

He's not 90. he could only be around 87.

And Tom taking Agnes to Hillingdale has nothing to do with this, because it didn't happen before Odyssey, we don't know when it happened. She was in "Thank you, God" in Album 3 completely fine, so Tom taking her there 10 years before The Pact makes perfect sense.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Steve

Post by Steve »

He's not 90. He's 89 and 364 days.
he/him | a little stinker.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Dallas R. wrote:We can go around and around on this argument, but Whit is not almost 90. I know, that whole "He was in World War 2" thing keeps hanging us up, but I'd say he was in his mid 60's when the show started, and by the best guess I can give, all characters should have aged only a little over 12ish years. We know it's been at least ten because of episodes like, "The Pact" Where Tom says he brought Agnes to Hillingdale "Ten years ago today." So I like to think Whit is probably just a little over 70. And yeah, that doesn't work. He wouldn't be a world War 1 vet, and 65-71 isn't even close to 12 years that he's aged, but I don't think Connie is even 25, and that would be the youngest she could be if we used how much time we already know has for sure passed in Odyssey. It just doesn't work, and it just never will... Always fun to discuss though :)

Sweet pictures by the way.
I agree. :yes: Whit is probably in his late sixties or early seventies. But I have seen people full of energy in their late eighties and nineties.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

My great grandpa still worked in his garden when he was 92.

\:D/
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

For some reason in my mind, Connie and Whit and maybe Eugene are in their own non-aging time bubble. Although Connie has gradually gotten older by graduating high school and now taking college classes. I still picture her maybe at 24-26. Whit in my mind is around 60, and always has been since the beginning of the show. And the little fact that he was in world war two is just a minor detail. So yeah, he hit 60 and hasn't aged since. I mean hey, once I turn twenty, I'm not gonna get any older either. :yes:
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Look how long Charlie Brown was 8. LOL.
Without giving anything away from new episode, one thing makes it clear over 10-13 years has been since 1987 when the show started.

My former high school has an administrator who is still going strong. His wife died 2 years ago when she was 87, so he may be pushing 90 and still going strong.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Look how long Charlie Brown was 8. LOL.
Or Calvin. Or Denice the Menace. I mean, he was six for 40+ years. I think that you can't really put an age on Whit. He is timeless, just like Whit's End, and Odyssey.
~Mark Prescott~
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Or to quote Tom in "Live at the 25!", "You should see Dennis the Menace, he's been 6 for going on 75 years!"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:He's not 90. he could only be around 87.

And Tom taking Agnes to Hillingdale has nothing to do with this, because it didn't happen before Odyssey, we don't know when it happened. She was in "Thank you, God" in Album 3 completely fine, so Tom taking her there 10 years before The Pact makes perfect sense.
That's what I'm saying though. Agnes is healthy in Album 3, and in album 39, Tom says that ten years have passed since he took Agnes to Hillingdale, so if we want to look at it technically, at least ten years have passed in Odyssey between Album 3 and 39.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

So that means that if we assume that exactly 10 years have passed, we can do math using ratio and find out that every 36 albums is 10 years. And that means that 14.72 years have passed from the start of the show.

Formula:
(53/(39-3))*10