Global Warming (homework assignment)

what's your opinion on it?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Global Warming (homework assignment)

Post by Graces4you »

So I have an assignment on global warming, both sides, is it fake or is it real. Post what you think!
Last edited by Graces4you on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can’t choose either option in the poll because they are ambiguous.
I believe ‘global warming’ itself is real, in that the world goes through natural cycles of heating. But I don’t believe it is a human caused irreversible problem that will melt things and flood the world.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Should I change what the poll is? I wasn't quite sure what to put in it.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm nailed it. \:D/

The term "global warming" as it is used by today's society is (as bookworm described it) "a human caused irreversible problem that will melt things and flood the world." We are eventually going to burn up the earth and we'll all suffocate or some stuff like that. Oh yeah, last winter, lots of people were worried about global warming, and it was snowing. :( Yeah, I feel the heat already. (more like did, from this past summer ;p )

At least change it to fit the term most people today know it as.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I would change the poll to something like:

I think it’s a human caused problem
I think it’s a natural problem
I think it’s human caused but not a problem
I think it’s natural but not a problem
I think it’s fake

:)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't think its entirely untrue, as in there are natural cyclic changes in the earth's temperature, so I voted "I think its natural but not a problem," however it basically is also a scam at the same time in the way it has been overblown and a lot of people have made a LOT of money by playing it up to be more than it is.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Completely agree. Of those choices I would choose natural but not a problem, because I think that’s what she’s going for, opinion on the phenomenon itself. But I definitely also believe the way it’s being portrayed and used is a scam.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

The poll was having some duplicating problems so I took it off.

Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I think it's fake. I agree with bookworm on all of this.

it's a scam. :yes: 8-) :D
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

It's warmer, sort of, than earlier. That's not fake, however, it being man caused, preventable, or a problem is a different question. What's interesting to note that while CO2 is at its highest level recorded, but temperature levels are not.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AsBpe0xGZuM/T ... limate.jpg

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/imag ... 1999-A.jpg

http://home.austarnet.com.au/yours/Vost ... atures.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DZhRyjIx804/T ... OTS+CD.jpg

http://howcanpeoplebesostupid.com/wp-co ... etit_1.png

darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I believe in the phenomenon called "global warming." But the current name causes much disagreement, as is evident by the replies above. It should be called something more like "climate change," as we're not just warming. Weather is changing all over the place. Some places are warmer, some are colder. The weather in California has been weirder the last few years. And, while we could just be going through a natural warming trend, there is plenty of evidence for human influence on the atmosphere and, in turn, the global climate. We're at a high at this point in history as far as population, consumption of resources, and abuse of the environment. Unfortunately, it has turned into a political battle. If you're on the Conservative side, you can't be pro-environment because the Liberals have already claimed it. ;) While yes, God is in control, He gave us the earth and all its animals and plants to look after and care for. I think sometimes we forget that part of the deal.

In summary, it isn't fake, and I've seen its effects. We need to reduce our footprint so that we have this earth for as long as we're asked to care for it! Plus, what harm is done to you if we just act like it is real?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

The Bible says that when Jesus comes back the Earth will melt with a fervent heat.

Ok, If you want to know if Global Warming/Climate Change is real you should look up hypocrisy of Al Gore and the rest. For instance, Al gore owns a mansion. That mansions has a bigger carbon/co2 footprint than everybody in his town combined! Also, If GW/CC is real, why did Gore buy a house right on the Ocean? They say that with GW/CC that oceans will rise! Further, did you know that in 1990 the NEW YORK TIMES wrote an article stating that there would never be any snow in NYC by the year 2000? They have been hit by snow every year lately, and not just a little bit!

There are two guys you should check out. Joe Bastardi and Piers Corbyn.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness