The Topic Hall of Fame! (old)

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

And that concludes the ballot for June. Voting will begin like June 3rd or something.

Note: None of these topics will be eligible for July's ballot. Topics cannot be nominated two months in a row. They may rejoin the competition in August. This is done so we can have fresh blood every month, and increases the importance of voting.

June's Official Ballot:
1. So, what's your weight? (started by The Top Crusader on April 6, 2005, 584 posts, nominated by Laura Ingalls)
2. ToO Flowers (started by Regis Blackbeard on March 26, 2011, 74 posts, nominated by iluvsns).
3. StrongNChrist (started by The Kings Daughter on March 26, 2011, 257 posts, nominated by Marvin D.).
4. Verily, I hath met the Continental Admiral! (started by The Top Crusader on January 16, 2006, 937 posts, nominated by The Top Crusader)
5. PHC - Questions Answered (started by odysseyfan1 on February 21, 2011, 546 posts, nominated by Steve)
6. What are you listening to now? (started by Fenix on April 3, 2005, 12308 posts, nominated by Christian A.)
7. ToO Epidemic? (started by iluvsns on April 3, 2005, 30 posts, nominated by Moontide)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Umm, yes, you may nominate your own topics. Is that the correct answer?
No, I believe the correct answer is you may not nominate yourself. I’m not aware of many halls of fame that allow self nomination, since there’s a conflict of interest. The point is if you’re worthy or recognition others will nominate you.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I nominate "The Topic Hall of Fame! (Nominate!)"
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Umm, yes, you may nominate your own topics. Is that the correct answer?
No, I believe the correct answer is you may not nominate yourself. I’m not aware of many halls of fame that allow self nomination, since there’s a conflict of interest. The point is if you’re worthy or recognition others will nominate you.
Except this really isn't about topic starters - it's about the topics themselves. ToO Flowers was an amazing thread, and it wasn't just because of Regis. The topic starters won't receive compensation of any kind, so I don't believe it will be a problem.
Parker Family wrote:I nominate "The Topic Hall of Fame! (Nominate!)"
Why didn't I think of this?! ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's like... Paul Herlinger's last recording as Whit. :(
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I nominate Galactic Conquest \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Guys, the ballot is full. :x That stuff can be re-nominated next month, if you wish.

*changes topic title*

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It’s a mockery that Top’s thread needs to even be on the ballot, it should clearly be an automatic inductee. :noway:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Bookworm is a very wise man.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This time it’s just common sense. Anyone can see your thread is the most important ever made, because it has real life implications.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The poll for June is up! It will last for one week. Vote now!

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I like the poll styling! I went with [thread title] because of [witty comment]. ;)
Last edited by Irwin on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t think you’re supposed to say what you voted. :-$
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

bookworm wrote:I don’t think you’re supposed to say what you voted. :-$
Fixed. O:)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

For the record, I don't see any problem in saying what you voted for. No one will be like, "Oh snap I was going to vote for ToO Flowers but because Irwin voted for the ToO Epidemia I will change my vote!!" \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then why is the tally hidden? :noway:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

'Cuz you can say who you voted for, but it's more fun to wait and see who won :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

We have many great nominations, ranging from my classic weight topic to heartfelt SnC topics to people not understanding Pilgrim Holiness and other captivating things! \:D/ However, I implore you fine people to consider "Verily, I Hath Met the Continental Admiral", as clearly this thread has had the most profound impact on real world events and is indeed the only thread on this forum that has the potential of eventually producing young Toplings! \:D/ No other thread can compete with this magnitude! :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:consider "Verily, I Hath Met the Continental Admiral", as clearly this thread has had the most profound impact on real world events
This.
We shouldn’t reveal how we individually vote, but lobbying is fine. :yes: