Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

montywhittakerIII wrote:What is your favorite method of fictional transportation?
My brother claims that the only real answer to that is teleporting, so I'll go with that. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Can I have yo numba?

-Cowboy
Yo, when you're ready to apologize, you know where to find me. :noway:

:sniff:

Okay, I forgive you. I could never stay mad at you, COT. :inlove:
StrongNChrist wrote:Do people sleep on COT? :-k
I certainly hope not. It sounds rather uncomfortable
bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:calling anybody the "top poster" or "top [insert most things here]" is very artificial and really doesn't say anything worthwhile
Except 'Top Crusader' \:D/
As always, Top is the exception to everything. ;)
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

How do I change the style of my blog?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Sunshine wrote:How do I change the style of my blog?
Go to "User Control Panel" and then the "Blog" tab.

http://thetoo.com/ucp.php?i=449
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Thanks!
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

well, I have a real question for some one to aswer, how do you get the stuff to put in shops to sell? I would like to set up a shop, but I do not know how to get stuff there to sell it!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw, how did your date with COT go? Or was it rained out?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

bold4god wrote:well, I have a real question for some one to aswer, how do you get the stuff to put in shops to sell? I would like to set up a shop, but I do not know how to get stuff there to sell it!
The privilege of placing items in the shop is resserved for administrators. However, you can create a thread in Crestwood to sell anything you want. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks, Irwin. :D
bookworm wrote:Catspaw, how did your date with COT go? Or was it rained out?
It went the same way as all my other dates with COT - he stood me up, but apologized so sweetly afterward that I felt compelled to forgive him yet again. :inlove: I just can't resist that man and his imaginary cowboy hat. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So are you deferring to August 15 then? Or was that changed since 2008.
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

Irwin wrote:
bold4god wrote:well, I have a real question for some one to aswer, how do you get the stuff to put in shops to sell? I would like to set up a shop, but I do not know how to get stuff there to sell it!
The privilege of placing items in the shop is resserved for administrators. However, you can create a thread in Crestwood to sell anything you want. \:D/
okay, that makes sence, but how do you sell stuff in crestwood? I get how you would say i want to sell Blah Blah Blah, but how do you actually get the thing you are selling to the person who bought it?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Why don't you apply my rankbar? Please? O:)

\:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

bold4god wrote:
Irwin wrote:
okay, that makes sence, but how do you sell stuff in crestwood? I get how you would say i want to sell Blah Blah Blah, but how do you actually get the thing you are selling to the person who bought it?

You can send the code for the graphic through PM or post it (if you have a shop).

For example:

^^ The image code appears as an actual graphic.

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g389/LoveLukeandLeia/Avatars%20and%20Signatures%20for%20the%20ToO/hearts-1-2.gif[/IMG]

^^ The code box where you put the code for the graphic.

Does that make sense? :anxious:
*insert provocative quote here*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have noticed in the last week or so some of my posts weren't showing up after I posted them. The first time I noticed this it was a stupid video in the middle of a debate, so I thought maybe it was just deleted. ;) But there was one or two more rational and normal posts after that which seem to have vanished (or possibly never shown up at all).

Is this a personal vendetta against me or a board issue!? :x
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Why do Admins act like there is a limited number of mod spots why can't we just have more mods?
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
bold4god wrote:
Irwin wrote:

You can send the code for the graphic through PM or post it (if you have a shop).

For example:

^^ The image code appears as an actual graphic.

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g389/LoveLukeandLeia/Avatars%20and%20Signatures%20for%20the%20ToO/hearts-1-2.gif[/IMG]

^^ The code box where you put the code for the graphic.

Does that make sense? :anxious:
yes that does make sense thanks you so much!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Catspaw? My rankbar? :(

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:So are you deferring to August 15 then? Or was that changed since 2008.
I have a very hard time keeping track of my alleged/planned dates with COT. :( Maybe that's why we keep not having those promised dates. :x
The Top Crusader wrote:I have noticed in the last week or so some of my posts weren't showing up after I posted them. The first time I noticed this it was a stupid video in the middle of a debate, so I thought maybe it was just deleted. ;) But there was one or two more rational and normal posts after that which seem to have vanished (or possibly never shown up at all).

Is this a personal vendetta against me or a board issue!? :x
Obviously it's a personal vendetta that I, being a smart person, will give blame to the silly board issue that lame old Shadowpaw created for us. :noway: Lame!

But yeah, that's weird. I checked and nothing of yours was listed as being deleted, so there must have been some kind of glitch going around. Or else it's just you, since nobody else mentioned it. ;)
Moontide wrote:Why do Admins act like there is a limited number of mod spots why can't we just have more mods?
Yes, because it would be way more fun for people if there were 60 mods. Sure, it's a possibility. There is an artificial limitation. Technically there could be any number of mods. However, for practical reasons, it just doesn't make sense. Or maybe it does. Convince me. Or better yet, convince whoever runs in the next election!
iluvsns wrote:Catspaw? My rankbar? :(
Lessons about Catspaw:
1. The more somebody wants me to do something, the less I want to do it. (Also known as human nature.) ;)
2. My memory is good, but sometimes short. ;)
3. I have a new computer that makes FTP stuff problematic. Adding a rank bar is different than adding a sig or avatar. If it was just adding the code, it would be done. I have to upload it to the FTP, and I've been having trouble with that on my new laptop. So therefore, extra patience is recommended.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Would you like help, dear Catspaw? ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:D Okey dokey.

How do you like being one of the most famous people on the ToO? ;)

What percentage of active members should be mods? e.g. We have 80 active members. How many mods are needed?

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote:Would you like help, dear Catspaw? ;)
What a silly quesion. :noway: It deserves no answer...but check your PM's anyway. ;)
iluvsns wrote::D Okey dokey.

How do you like being one of the most famous people on the ToO? ;)

What percentage of active members should be mods? e.g. We have 80 active members. How many mods are needed?
Sorry - you really have been waiting for a while. Time slips away from me sometimes. My bad. :anxious:

I sometimes enjoy people knowing who I am and other times it isn't as great. ;) I don't know if famous is the right word....more like infamous. ;) But yeah, it's fun overall.

I don't have a scientific percentage worked out. It's more flexible than that - some terms there are one or two more or less people based on what the new admins want or have planned for. The difference between 12 and 14 mods isn't that much. The difference between 13 (to take an average number) and 40 is a lot. ;) Are you asking for for ToO-related reasons or for another board? I know that on smaller boards that can be an issue - almost everybody is a mod or admin or whatever, and then it's kind of lame for the couple of people who don't have power.