If you could vote in your country would you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

If you could vote in your country would you?

Always
88%
Sometimes
4%
Rarely
4%
Never
4%

Total votes: 25

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

SoccerLOTR wrote:In my opinion, if you are able to vote but don't vote, you have no right to complain about the state of the government. Statistically, half the country (in America, that is) doesn't vote...just think of how different things could be if more of the country not only voted, but also paid attention to what they were voting for?! I hate blind one-party votes...it's pointless and shouldn't be promoted like it is here in the U.S.
I don't see why you couldn't complain - some people refuse to vote for any of the poor choices on the ballot. Of course I know some people don't vote for other reasons, but if you can't in good conscience vote into office a candidate you don't agree with, I don't see anything wrong about critiquing the results of the election. \:D/

I missed the 2004 election by a month - which was quite disappointing for me. :( But Termite - 3 days?! :mad: That would really upset me. Oh, and AE - I'm pretty sure you can still register a month beforehand even if your birthday hasn't come yet as long as you show proof that you will be 18 before the election. I think.

I'm looking forward to the next election, because my mom and I work at the polls. \:D/ I love it - both checking people in at the poll book and running the voting machines. And I get $165 for the day. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
I missed the 2004 election by a month - which was quite disappointing for me. :( But Termite - 3 days?! :mad: That would really upset me. Oh, and AE - I'm pretty sure you can still register a month beforehand even if your birthday hasn't come yet as long as you show proof that you will be 18 before the election. I think.
I'm the same (sorry, I'm still on break!). My b-day is the 6th of November. It does suck...
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

In Australia we vote for our local representative in the House of Representatives and the party that has the most members of Parliament becomes the Government with their leader becoming the Prime Minister
It is like that in Canada too.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

I can't vote.
Sam15
Gold Member

Post by Sam15 »

I can not wait to vote for this country
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!