If you could vote in your country would you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Always
88%
Sometimes
4%
Rarely
4%
Never
4%

Total votes: 25

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I would.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I can vote, and I do vote. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'll be able to vote in the next US Presidential election! \:D/ I plan to. :yes:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I can vote in the next pres election too. :) I want to vote... because, someone's got to make a change around here! :P
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I can vote ;)

Despite my dislike of politics I will vote. Every vote counts, and if you don't want someone you dislike in that place, you need to vote.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I can vote and will continue to do so. :D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

I can vote and in Australia if can vote you have to. So yes I will vote in the next election.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I'll be 17 in the next election, so darn, I'll have to wait. But yes, I will exercise my right as a citizen of the United States and vote!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I can and have voted. ;)
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

I'll be able to vote in the next presidential this fall after the current one is impeached :p

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I voted in the past two presidential elections. The recent one involved waiting in a LONG line for about 4 hours. About halfway through, I kind of wanted to give up and go home. :(
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I will miss the next election by three days.

Three days.

:thud:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I would vote.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

OdysseyAgent007 wrote:I'll be able to vote in the next presidential this fall after the current one is impeached :p
Err... impeachment wouldn't lead to an extra Presidential election, it would lead to President Biden. ;)

And yeah I basically always vote, although I have skipped one or two off years or special elections that had nothing of particular interest in the ballot.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

To add to what Top said:
OdysseyAgent007 wrote:I'll be able to vote in the next presidential this fall after the current one is impeached :p
...erm, if the president was impeached (which he probably won't be and besides, impeachment is only to bring charges against) and was found guilty of whatever he is accused of, he would either resign before being found guilty/or be removed from office, and Vice-President Joe Biden would ascend to the Presidency (unless he was also impeached and convicted; in that case, we would be looking at President Nancy Pelosi, who I am going to assume you would like as much as you like the current President.)

And yes, I intend to vote a year and a little under three-fourths of a year from now. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Kairi wrote:To add to what Top said:
...erm, if the president was impeached (which he probably won't be and besides, impeachment is only to bring charges against) and was found guilty of whatever he is accused of, he would either resign before being found guilty/or be removed from office, and Vice-President Joe Biden would ascend to the Presidency (unless he was also impeached and convicted; in that case, we would be looking at President Nancy Pelosi, who I am going to assume you would like as much as you like the current President.)
:mad: I'll stick with Obama. ;)
Termite wrote:I will miss the next election by three days.

Three days.

:thud:
So, you mean your birthday is in early November? If I remember correctly, you have to register to vote like a month beforehand.
Last edited by American Eagle on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

November 7th. :( But I didn't know about the registering. :-k Still, then it's only a month. :noway: Which is still annoying. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:November 7th. :( But I didn't know about the registering. :-k Still, then it's only a month. :noway: Which is still annoying. =P
Yeah, that's good bad. :( I'll be 18 in August 2012, so I'll have enough time to register. My older brother turned 18 a few days after the 2008 election, so don't feel that bad. \:D/

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

In my opinion, if you are able to vote but don't vote, you have no right to complain about the state of the government. Statistically, half the country (in America, that is) doesn't vote...just think of how different things could be if more of the country not only voted, but also paid attention to what they were voting for?! I hate blind one-party votes...it's pointless and shouldn't be promoted like it is here in the U.S.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

In Australia we vote for our local representative in the House of Representatives and the party that has the most members of Parliament becomes the Government with their leader becoming the Prime Minister