State of the ToO Address!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I hadn't noticed. But perhaps I wasn't here when the actual change was made. When specifically was it (UTC), may I inquire?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Moontide wrote:Maybe his title should be President Regent Taoiseach Doge. :) Very multicultural.
I don't know what the last three meant but the first one is inaccurate. The correct term would be prime minister, because we a have a monarch, Catspaw.

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Pseudonym wrote:Also, cash-per-character has been switched to cash-per-word to better reflect the previous earnings in phpbb2. Before, we earned half of a cent ($.005) per character, but in the current MOD, one cent appears to be the minimum. Instead of having everyone make double the money, we decided to switch it to $.02 per word. Hope you guys aren't too devastated. ;) (I bet you didn't even notice. :noway:)
Although long words no longer net more cash than short ones, I think this was a sensible solution. =D>
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

KODY 105 wrote:I hadn't noticed. But perhaps I wasn't here when the actual change was made. When specifically was it (UTC), may I inquire?
I haven't the foggiest. ;) I doubt you would have noticed anything when it happened, though; it's not like the whole ToO went down or anything. \:D/

EDIT: According to the admin log, it was February 5th, 2010, 11:09 A.M. I'm guessing that's EST but I don't really know. ;)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

ALL RIGHT! It's about time that gets changed back to what it used to be :noway:. I knew I voted for the right team \:D/.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Ryder wrote:ALL RIGHT! It's about time that gets changed back to what it used to be :noway:. I knew I voted for the right team \:D/.
LOL at people who don't read the platforms. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Jelly wrote:
Ryder wrote:ALL RIGHT! It's about time that gets changed back to what it used to be :noway:. I knew I voted for the right team \:D/.
Are you implying that people who read our platform realized we weren't the right team? :noway:
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

This new system is a definite improvement. =D> =D> =D>
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Pseudonym wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Are you implying that people who read our platform realized we weren't the right team? :noway:
sure. \:D/

except fixing the cash system wasn't even on your platform. it was on ours. :x :noway:
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Pseudonym wrote:Also, cash-per-character has been switched to cash-per-word to better reflect the previous earnings in phpbb2. Before, we earned half of a cent ($.005) per character, but in the current MOD, one cent appears to be the minimum. Instead of having everyone make double the money, we decided to switch it to $.02 per word. Hope you guys aren't too devastated. ;) (I bet you didn't even notice. :noway:)

I noticed. I am devastated. Not really. But I did notice! :)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Jelly wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Jelly wrote:
sure. \:D/

except fixing the cash system wasn't even on your platform. it was on ours. :x :noway:
Nah, it was on ours. ;) We just didn't make a huge deal out of it because... it wasn't a huge deal. ;) I just clicked a button and it happened. :noway:

It was like... item 2.5 on our platform. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

whatever. \:D/ I'm just glad it happened.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Cash per word. Pseudonym can you define a word?
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Moontide wrote:Cash per word. Pseudonym can you define a word?
I am not Pseudonym, but I can define word. A word in this case is a string of non-20h characters padded with 20h (space) characters.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I like that the new system rewards more meaningful posts and I think that I can get used to this. Good job guys!
I do what I do.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ah, cash per word. I have always favored the system.
Though I do wish it was implemented sooner. I think it would have come in handy when I posted a few things a while back. Like The Interview *cough*
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

Hmm...A smart phone eh? Sounds like a communist plot to me :anxious: Wait! Does the US Government know about this? Have they infiltrated ToO? Is Obama gonna pay fo' all my gas? I guess we'l just have to turn over the tape and find out!

But Seriously : This. Is. Sweet. =D>

Post by 31899 »

NateMaxwell wrote:Hmm...A smart phone eh? Sounds like a communist plot to me :anxious: Wait! Does the US Government know about this? Have they infiltrated ToO? Is Obama gonna pay fo' all my gas? I guess we'l just have to turn over the tape and find out!

But Seriously : This. Is. Sweet. =D>
Don't talk about things you don't understand even if it is just a joke.

I'm surprised this isn't too politically left. Every word being equal.

"Ohh no, I'm pseu, and souna I'm afraid of everything that I might consider remotely liberal."

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wattsa matter with people and jokes these days? :noway:

But seriously, that wasn't really necessary 31899. :P You don't have to try to turn everything into a debate.

Post by 31899 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to. Also I'm not.