What's the saddest book you've ever read?

Or heard of?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Oh, Left Behind is really sad too. I still love it, though. \:D/ Usually I don't like sad books, but Left Behind is my favorite Christian serires. :yes:
princess_pearl412
Not as new

Post by princess_pearl412 »

Ummmm..... :-k .....The Vinegar Boy by Alberta Hawse. I read it with my mom a few years ago. I don't read many sad stories though. Sorry!
~Princess_Pearl412~
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

princess_pearl412 wrote:Ummmm..... :-k .....The Vinegar Boy by Alberta Hawse. I read it with my mom a few years ago. I don't read many sad stories though. Sorry!
I've already got the perfect book (thanks to Danae's suggestion). But it's funny 'cause one of my friends is doing a dramatic speech from Vinegar Boy. \:D/ It sounds like an awesome book.
The good ol' ToO.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Dana's Valley is the saddest book I have ever read. It is by Janette Oke.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Sapphire wrote:Dana's Valley is the saddest book I have ever read. It is by Janette Oke.
\:D/ You know what? I asked on CBH about sad books last year and StrongNChrist suggested Dana's Valley. I checked it out and my sister ended up doing a dramatic speech from it, she got several awards at different tournaments and almost made it to the National competition with that speech. :yes:
So Dana's Valley is a very, very good suggestion. \:D/ I just didn't feel like doing this year after my sister did it last year.
The good ol' ToO.