Exercise Goals

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I would like to walk/jog (on the treadmill) for at least 10 minutes, 3 times a week.
I would also like to do 15 crunches at least 5 times a week.
Well, I didn't totally finish even my pitifully easy goals this week. :( I was able to get in 10 min of walking on 2 days, instead of 3. And only one day of crunches. Blech. I need to do better. :mope:
But... but... you still have one more day left, Laura! \:D/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Since I probably won't be able to get on the computer tomorrow very much, I'll just say that I completed my goals for this second week. Added that I took a 40 hour walk yesterday. I plan to ride the bike for 60 minutes tomorrow along with the stretches; is it okay if--since you said I can't take credit for it untill I do it--that I say I did it after 11:59?

EDIT: Oops, I mean 40 minutes. :anxious:
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Hannahjiejie wrote:Ok, goals for week of the 5th! Sorry this is so late... I had the formulated the 5th, but getting on the computer was not a winning game.

-swim an hour each day
-bike a mile each day (more would be better!)
-Run 1 mile Sunday through Tuesday, and 2 miles Wednesday through Friday, then one mile on Saturday
-keep stretching and try to do other things like push-ups, sit ups etc.
-basically.... train for a triathlon on Sunday!

I'll make sure to let you know how it all goes.
Swim practice was.... not as consistant as usual. We had team pictures on Thursday, so no practice, and Friday we had a short practice, as well as Wednesday! =(
My running... I ran 1 mile Sunday, Mon and Tuesday, but I haven't run since then. I am not happy with myself, but hopefully this next week will be better.

The triathlon is tomorrow morning - please pray that I survive, it's an 11 mile bike wich will be very un-fun for me.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Termite wrote:
  • Run a mile or so each day, five to six days a week.
  • Do 20 crunches and push-ups each day, and ten jumping jacks, five days a week.
  • Get on our stationary bike hopefully five times a week, 20 minutes or so each time
  • To survive at a soccer camp for... four and a half hours four days, and three hours one day next week.
Hopefully I'll get all the last one... Don't know how my ankle'll hold up... *grumbles*
So I didn't do the first three, because this week was the soccer camp. My ankle held up fine (I had more problems with an old injury), and did 4.5 hours four days, then 2.5 hours one day, for a total of 1140 minutes, if I multiplied correctly.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

My Goal for next week:

1. Play basketball with my brother, Invisible Ninja. (Yes I know if I play one on one with him I'll lose, but hey, its excercise.:D )

2. To 20 sit-ups 3x this week. (is that what they're called?:-k :anxious:)

3. Take a ten minute walk 1x this week

4. Do 30 jumping jacks each day.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Next week:

Walk 1 hr/day until I have my baby.

My ultimate goal is to have my baby (who is due Sunday the 12th, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get here).

Oh, tomorrow I'm running a little too so my husband can take a picture of me running on my due date. My 20 milers have now turned into a few blocks.
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

My goal for this week is to walk, swim, run, and play sports for at least 2 1/2 hours each day. Camp helps with physical fitness alot! :D
I will log my minutes next Saturday.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

My goal is the same, again; I know, not very origenal. I would have added something, but I need to get ready for camp this week. I'll be gone for a bit long-ish, so I need to get stuff together and pack. Although I'd like to try and at least get in one LONG walk. I don't know how long, I'll have to get back to you people on that.

Anyway, yeah; same goals.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My exercise goals for July 12-18 are as follows:
  • Run 10K+ once
  • Run 7K once
  • Do 50 push-ups daily
  • Do 50 sit-ups daily
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Catspaw wrote:Goal for week 2: jog on the spot 15 minutes or more a day.

Short but sweet. ;)
I fulfilled my goal for last week! \:D/ I was quite pleased with myself.

Oh, I just noticed I said "a day," but I thought I said "for 5 days." :anxious: So I fulfilled my mental goal, if not my written goal. O:)

Goal for week 3: jog on the spot for 15 minutes or more a day for 6 days a week.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Candy wrote:Completed in July 1-4 were: 30 mins of walking a day for four days. I did crunches, push ups, and jumping jacks three of the four days.

July 5-11 goals:
1. Walk an hour a day.
2. Do 5 push ups a day
3. Do 20 jumping jacks a day
4. Do 2 sit ups a day
5. Do 7 crunches a day
6. Do stretches (I also wish to be doing a split by the end of July.)

I'm sorry I didn't get my accomplishments posted earlier. Our internet at the house doesn't work anymore, so I have to get on the internet here at work.
Ok, I Completed All of the above posted in the last week, And here are my new goals:

1. Walk an Hour and a Half a Day.
2. Do 7 Push Ups a Day.
3. Do 30 Jumping Jacks a Day.
4. Do 7 Sit ups a Day.
5. Do 10 Crunches a day.
6. Do stretches.
7. Do 3 Lunges a Day.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

LizzieG wrote:
  • Run 3x per week, culminating in a 10K at the end of the month (biggest priority).
  • Cross-train and/or lift weights at least 2x per week.
  • Do chiropractic exercises at least 4x per week.
Thirded.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Ben Linus wrote:My goal is the same, again; I know, not very origenal. I would have added something, but I need to get ready for camp this week. I'll be gone for a bit long-ish, so I need to get stuff together and pack. Although I'd like to try and at least get in one LONG walk. I don't know how long, I'll have to get back to you people on that.

Anyway, yeah; same goals.
*Clears throat*

Okay, so here's the story: I didn't ride the back at all yesterday, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting in 60 minutes everyday. Peronal issues and my mother hinder me from further exertioning (sp?) myself in exercise to that extent. Let's just say that I have some issues I need to work out, and exercise is part of the problem. I should still be able to go stretches though, and maybe a half hour a day. (I'm under penalty of, if I don't listen to my mother, all my books go away. :( ) (This isn't the competition's fault, it's problems I had long before this)

So yeah; after this week, I'll be at camp for the rest of the competition, so it looks like for the most part I'm out.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Anna><> wrote:My goals are to exercise at least 20 minutes 5 days a week, stretch 10 minutes a day (I'm working towards doing the splits by the end of the summer), and weight lift 5 times a week.
I haven't weight lifted at all this week since I'm too scared of feeling pain.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The King s Daughter wrote:My Goal for next week:

1. Play basketball with my brother, Invisible Ninja. (Yes I know if I play one on one with him I'll lose, but hey, its excercise.:D )

2. To 20 sit-ups 3x this week. (is that what they're called?:-k :anxious:)

3. Take a ten minute walk 1x this week

4. Do 30 jumping jacks each day.
This week has been a busy week so all I have done is 30 jumping jacks 3x this week O:) (so far, I have one more day :D )

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Goals for week of the 19th
  • --swim 1hr, to 1 1/2 hour every day
    --bike a mile every day
    --jog a mile three times this week.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Catspaw wrote:
Goal for week 3: jog on the spot for 15 minutes or more a day for 6 days a week.
Goal for week 4: The same. Last time I was under for two days, but over for a few more days. My average was okay, but I'm still disappointed that I didn't meet my daily goals. This time I want to meet my goal every day and exceed it a few times too. \:D/
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

EUCC wrote:Next week:

Walk 1 hr/day until I have my baby.

My ultimate goal is to have my baby (who is due Sunday the 12th, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get here).

Oh, tomorrow I'm running a little too so my husband can take a picture of me running on my due date. My 20 milers have now turned into a few blocks.
OK, so bed rest since Tuesday, no exercise till baby comes (she's 1 week late now). After she's born I'm getting back into running and hope to get up to 50 mile weeks before too terribly long.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Goal for July 19-25: Reverse the downward trend! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My exercise goals for July 19-25 are as follows:
  • Run 5K+ twice
  • Do 50 push-ups daily
  • Do 50 sit-ups daily
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!