Exercise Goals

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Trent DeWhite wrote:We'll find out soon enough, won't we? :anxious:
If you die, can I have all your money?
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

There's actually a site that is a good training program for working up to a hundred pushups. It's www.hundredpushups.com. I got up to 80 pushups before I went on vacation... Now I can barely do 50. :anxious:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Nice contest Lizzie and Taq!

Okay, here's a tentative outline of what I'd like to be doing consistently by the end of July:

1. Up my current lazy run schedule of 1-2x/wk to 4-5x/wk and expand distance from 3.5k to 5K.

2. Apply same principle to cycling: 2-3x/wk (current) to 5-6x/wk (anticipated) for 1 hr.

3. Add other miscellaneous summer exercises to my routine when possible (i.e. swimming, basketball, hiking, etc).

4. Do some sort of nominal calesthentics daily (e.g. 10 push-ups, 10 crunches).
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Danadelfos wrote:There's actually a site that is a good training program for working up to a hundred pushups. It's www.hundredpushups.com. I got up to 80 pushups before I went on vacation... Now I can barely do 50. :anxious:
Oh, I'm not worried about doing 100 consecutive push-ups. 4 sets of 25 is better for your muscles anyway. :noway:
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

July 1-4 Goals
1. Walk 30 minutes a day
2. Do 10 crunches a day
3. Do 5 push-ups a day
4. Do 5 jumping Jacks a day.

Yeah, I'm not feeling very good right now, but I want to do this exercising.... And I'll be up to more later, so yeah....
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay! \:D/ This is BASICALLY what I have been doing lately but I'll make it official and maybe try to do it a bit more often. \:D/

I shall...

Bike a minimum of 30 minutes 5x a week

100 push ups a day! \:D/

100 sit ups a day! \:D/

And... ummm... 100 various weight lifting curls or whatever 5x a week. \:D/ ie, working out different areas by different types of lifts.

I do that stuff already basically, but only 3-4x a week usually, so yay I shall upgrade. \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm working almost all day on all these days, so finding time might be a little hard, so I'm keeping it simple.

July 1- 4

1) Do nominal calisthenics daily (thanks for the idea on how to phrase it Sherlock!!) Push-ups, cruches, leg exercises..etc..

2)When walking to and fro at work (which will be alot), power walk. So, really this will be the equivalent of walking a few miles per day. \:D/

3)Go on our arm/leg thing(exercise thingy which name escapes me) once a day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

July 1st
I plan to do more exercise than anyone....ever. :x
July 2nd
I'm going to spar for 25 hours with Chuck Norris. (We will spar so hard that we will punch an extra hour into that day.)
July 3rd
I'm going to get my exercise this day from 8 hours of jumping on brown mushrooms, turtles, and exploring the pipe system below my house, I also plan to have a karate match with a dragon-turtle king on this day.
July 4th
It's independence day. Liberty implores that I do not exercise. :x
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

July 1-4
  • Climb at least 9 flights of stairs daily at work
  • Ride my bike 2x for at least 4 miles
  • Play tennis 1x for at least 1 hr
  • Go swimming 1x for at least 20 laps
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I just ran a 10K...! \:D/

...mere hours too early to collect a reward! :x

;)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

So did I. :( Can I pretend I'm in Japan? O:)
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Tyler wrote:July 1st
I plan to do more exercise than anyone....ever. :x
July 2nd
I'm going to spar for 25 hours with Chuck Norris. (We will spar so hard that we will punch an extra hour into that day.)
July 3rd
I'm going to get my exercise this day from 8 hours of jumping on brown mushrooms, turtles, and exploring the pipe system below my house, I also plan to have a karate match with a dragon-turtle king on this day.
July 4th
It's independence day. Liberty implores that I do not exercise. :x
\:D/
My goal for 1-4 July.

General goals: Do DDR for at least 30 minutes a day.
3 July - human video/drama practice (very dance oriented. :noway: )
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

So we can post goals week by week?

Goal(s) for July 1-4:
  • Do a total of 200 push ups
    Successfully complete two Super Mario Chalmers shots to win the NCAA Championship. \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Invisible Ninja wrote:So we can post goals week by week?
Yes. Week by week, for the whole month, or both! \:D/
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier, but my goals for July 1-4 are as follows.

* Walk at least 2 miles a day

* Spend 15 minutes a day jump roping, stretching, etc.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

DanP740 wrote:Hrm, seeing as I can't predict what I'll do at camp, I'll just set a little goal for the first week of 20 pushups in a row, two times.
King Butter Turtle wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Alrighty, I think I'm going to vary my goals depending on the week.

My exercise goals for July 1-4 are as follows:
  • Run one 7K
  • Do 100 push-ups daily
  • Do 100 sit-ups daily
:shock: Wow! Now I feel terrible. :oops:
I think Trent is going to be the Jugglah of the exercise contest. ;)
I would be the Jugglah of the exercise contest, except that I can't do but like 8 catches of 5 balls, and juggling 3 or 4 is effortless for me, so that can't count as exercise. My goals aren't going to involve juggling, because 5 balls is the only thing I have to try for, but my results for whatever goal I'd have would be too depressing to post. Speaking of which, I'm going to post my goals here after the 4th, when I get home. I'm not on my exercise routine right now. I'm on vacation! :x
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Jugglah wrote:
DanP740 wrote:Hrm, seeing as I can't predict what I'll do at camp, I'll just set a little goal for the first week of 20 pushups in a row, two times.
Trent DeWhite wrote:Alrighty, I think I'm going to vary my goals depending on the week.

• Run one 7K
  • Do 100 push-ups daily
  • Do 100 sit-ups daily
I would be the Jugglah of the exercise contest, except that I can't do but like 8 catches of 5 balls, and juggling 3 or 4 is effortless for me, so that can't count as exercise. My goals aren't going to involve juggling, because 5 balls is the only thing I have to try for, but my results for whatever goal I'd have would be too depressing to post. Speaking of which, I'm going to post my goals here after the 4th, when I get home. I'm not on my exercise routine right now. I'm on vacation! :x
Sounds like the Russian (?) President in Alex Rider: Eagle Strike. And we all know how he ended up. (Dead)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Jugglah wrote:

• Run one 7K
  • Do 100 push-ups daily
  • Do 100 sit-ups daily
Sounds like the Russian (?) President in Alex Rider: Eagle Strike. And we all know how he ended up. (Dead)
So, if I don't juggle, I'll die. Great...well, I guess that's a good incentive. :-k
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Jugglah wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Jugglah wrote:

• Run one 7K
  • Do 100 push-ups daily
  • Do 100 sit-ups daily
So, if I don't juggle, I'll die. Great...well, I guess that's a good incentive. :-k
No, I mean the "I don't have time for that right now, I'm on vacation!" attitude. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Assessment of my goals: Being on vacation, I've walked close to 15 hours this week. Far exceeded my 10 minutes per day. :) I've also done the 15 crunches four days so far. Next week at home will be a better tet of how I do.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.