The Nativity Story

"Passion of the Christ" prequal?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I just saw the preview(s) and I must say that I'm much more excited about it now. I wonder if it will keep with tradition or with the bible when telling about the 3 magi. It looked like from the brief shots of the preview that they will visit Jesus on the night of his birth instead of the following week. I hope they will remain true to the Bible...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

STRYPER wrote:I just saw the preview(s) and I must say that I'm much more excited about it now. I wonder if it will keep with tradition or with the bible when telling about the 3 magi. It looked like from the brief shots of the preview that they will visit Jesus on the night of his birth instead of the following week. I hope they will remain true to the Bible...
Each Christmas when my family would put up our nativity scene, we would put the wise men not at the stable, but in another part of the house to signify that they were still en route \:D/

A few weeks ago, some of the girls on my floor were debating whether the magi came within weeks, months, or years after Jesus' birth. What's also interesting is that there could've been more than three magi..
aero
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by aero »

Mallow wrote: Each Christmas when my family would put up our nativity scene, we would put the wise men not at the stable, but in another part of the house to signify that they were still en route \:D/
We've always done that too!
"The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it."
--Francois de La Rochefoucauld
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Mallow wrote:A few weeks ago, some of the girls on my floor were debating whether the magi came within weeks, months, or years after Jesus' birth. What's also interesting is that there could've been more than three magi..
Hmm, a very interesting debate :-k I've always held that there could have been more than three wise men, and regardless of the number, they wouldn't have been journeying alone as Eugene finds them. They would at least have an accompaniment

However, I'd never thought about the time, I'd always assumed it was a week later. After reading Matthew just now, I realize that things point to their visit at least a year after Jesus's birth. How very interesting.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Lord_Kappa wrote:New Line Cinema... if that was your question.
Yes it was, thank you!
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I saw a preview at Facing the Giants. It looks pretty good. We have sometimes put the wisemen away fromt the nativity. And, I've always thought it was like the year after as well. This could be a very fun debate :D I think we always SUPPOSE there were 3 wisemen because there were 3 GIFTS. And of course it wouldn't be just them! Especially back then, rich men would have had bazillions of servants...

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i saw a trailer for it and it looks really interesting
josiahfrey
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by josiahfrey »

Yes they do have the wise men coming at the manger if you want to know why look at the website. Besides that every thing esle in to the book.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Just to simplify things, I can see why they would want to move the wise men timeline a bit. Worse tragedies have happened. ;) As long as thing are generally accurate, I'm not going to get too picky.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Catspaw wrote:Just to simplify things, I can see why they would want to move the wise men timeline a bit. Worse tragedies have happened. ;) As long as thing are generally accurate, I'm not going to get too picky.
same here...

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

I've seen the previews and it has so much promise. New Line Cinema is a good company. I think there will be some traditions that are put in versus the absolute historical details, but I believe that it will hold fairly true to the original story. At the same time, since this looks like a movie that it mostly about Mary and Joseph's journey, there will be a lot of imagination and speculation that goes into it!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I've heard of it and seen some previews and it looks pretty good. I'll probably see it on the big screen.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

It looks pretty good...
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Saw a preview for this the theatres, It looks good. I'm def going to see it!
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would like to see it. I'm waiting for the DVD since it is not showing in my area. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

On my local Christian radio station the afternoon announcer lady said that she had seen an advance screening and said that if we had a chance to see it, we should take it, so I'll take that as a good sign. It is showing in a nearby city, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to see after it opens.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I think it looks pretty good. I like the actress who is cast as Mary. She was also in Whale Rider, I think...
The most awesome thing about it was that some non-Christian girls from my volleyball team were talking and saying "I think I wanna see that." and stuff.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Laurie wrote:I would like to see it. I'm waiting for the DVD since it is not showing in my area. :D
Me too. I wish it was showing closer to me, then I could go see it.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

it's showing in my area and my uth group and I are going to go see it after our christmas party tomorrow \:D/ I'll post what I think of it afterwards :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
josiahfrey
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by josiahfrey »

Hey Focus on the Family has a review of the movie here how to get to it just click. It sound Fantastic

www.pluggedinonline.com