BBC's "Sherlock" Series

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

When he couldn't deduce anything and he saw the egg chair and was like "sitty thing?" and deaded. Ugh, funny show. I enjoyed the episode. I'm going to have to rewatch it with my dad tomorrow (because he wanted to sleep instead of watch with me tonight).
It made me happy and I really hope that Mary turns out to be a bad guy.
Oh, and the end was so sad... :(
And all the sirens in the background when Lestrade got backup when Sherlock needed "help"... I liked this episode.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Aeva wrote:
All I ever wanted was to see Sherlock drunk
Did you watch the original Study in Pink?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:
Aeva wrote:
Oh the unaired pilot...that was certainly interesting.

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The mini episode was cool, but I'm unsure where it fits in. Just after the finale, or just before the premiere. Because there's a big gap in between.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:The mini episode was cool, but I'm unsure where it fits in. Just after the finale, or just before the premiere. Because there's a big gap in between.
I'd like to think it's just before the premiere because it shows Anderson tracking Sherlock in different locations, and that had to have taken time. It showed how time has passed in flashbacks, bringing us up to closer to the premiere.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That was my thought as well, also because it adds extra meaning to Sherlock’s video.
Saying he’ll see him again soon, you know.
But I was confused why Lestrade would hold onto that stuff for two years and then finally give it to John.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Aeva wrote:
I never did watch that.... I probably should. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Aeva wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Aeva wrote:
I never did watch that.... I probably should. \:D/
I watched the first bit of the pilot, but got bored because the newer version is a lot better. And he was just acting like that in the pilot.
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

The original Study in Pink was an interesting watch, and I certainly enjoyed the chance to see the subtle differences (though I have to admit it has been too long since I saw it to even name any xD) I love it when producers do that, it may not add a whole lot, but, it helps you see where their minds were.

As for The Sign of Three, though I haven't had a chance to finish it yet, 45 minutes in, it is one of my favourite episodes yet. It is, like The Empty Hearse, kind of jumping without a completely straightforward plot line, but it has some great comedic and emotional moments.
Anna><> wrote:And all the sirens in the background when Lestrade got backup when Sherlock needed "help"... I liked this episode.
That was hilarious xD I am not sure I totally believe that Lestrade would just drop everything like that without confirmation (Doesn't he know Sherlock by now?) but it was still funny. And honestly what reason did he have to believe he needed "maximum backup"? Sherlock's best man speech was decidedly touching though... I also want to see all these caseeeees he talks about!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Am I the only one who's been really disappointed with Series 3 so far? :anxious: 'The Empty Hearse' was fun and everything, because we got to see all the characters again, but I feel like 'The Sign of Three' marks the second episode with no cohesive plot. The mystery elements of the episodes felt like an afterthought after all the catering to the fangirls, and they were super predictable on top of that. I guess it just doesn't feel like Sherlock to me. :( That being said, they've all been fun episodes, and I'm happy that Sherlock's back. ^.^
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Nah, I've seen lots of comments online in which people have voiced their disapproval, and I think I understand your point of view. This series has an extremely different feeling from the first two. It was quite a shock at first, to be honest, but I love it now that I have adjusted to it. I think Moffat and Gatiss want to show the more human side of Sherlock (and perhaps how he is struggling to adjust to his new life without John), and therefore these episodes have been much more heavy on humor, sentiment, and hilarious awkwardness rather than suspense and cases.

Having said that, I'm scared that the finale is going to be a major heart-breaker after we've been treated to such wild fun. :anxious:
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:Nah, I've seen lots of comments online in which people have voiced their disapproval, and I think I understand your point of view. This series has an extremely different feeling from the first two. It was quite a shock at first, to be honest, but I love it now that I have adjusted to it. I think Moffat and Gatiss want to show the more human side of Sherlock (and perhaps how he is struggling to adjust to his new life without John), and therefore these episodes have been much more heavy on humor, sentiment, and hilarious awkwardness rather than suspense and cases.

Having said that, I'm scared that the finale is going to be a major heart-breaker after we've been treated to such wild fun. :anxious:
I've definitely noticed how these episodes focus more on the relationship between Sherlock and John (and now Mary), as opposed to figuring out a case. Which is something I think is needed after two seasons of intense cases and problem solving. I'm glad they're expanding what this show is.
But Aeva's probably right about this last episode; it'll probably break us all into little pieces

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

If the last two episodes have been blatant fan fodder, then I'm sorry, but I'm eating it all up like the fangirl that I am. :3 I really enjoyed seeing just how terrible/wonderful/??? of a best man Sherlock was, rather than only seeing it at a passing glance. Sherlock's interrogation of Mary's ex-boyfriend and his talk with the ring bearer were hilarious. XD Also, just seeing the dynamic between Sherlock, Watson, and Mary is so nice; she's only been around two episodes, and already Mary feels like part of the gang. But you guys are right; after seeing these two relatively happy episodes (as happy as Sherlock ever gets, anyways), episode number three has to be a heart-wrenching doozie. :(
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

And then we're going to be back on hiatus. :( Tumblr might just explode.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:And then we're going to be back on hiatus. :( Tumblr might just explode.
Hopefully this hiatus won't be as long as the last one.

His Last Vow is tomorrow 8-)

though from what I've heard it's going to be a heart-wrencher. :(

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I certainly hope not!! How on earth did you survive two years? I only had to wait one, and I nearly went crazy. :mad:

Of course it is. :( I bet somebody's going to die. *coughMaryormaybeevenMollycough*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:I certainly hope not!! How on earth did you survive two years? I only had to wait one, and I nearly went crazy. :mad:

Of course it is. :( I bet somebody's going to die. *coughMaryormaybeevenMollycough*
I don't know how i waited two years....through much pain and confusion and reading all possible theories and fanfics and seeing gifs and reading all the metas.
In the canon, I believe Mary dies. I'm kind of expecting that. It had better not be Molly. I love her and dont' want to lose her. I don't want Mary to die either, come to think of it.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Especially now that she's pregnant.... I think that would be gruesome even for Steven Moffat.
I can't wait for tonight, and yet I also wish it wouldn't come because then we will be suffocated within the withering void of hiatus.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

My prediction about Mary was almost right.
I can't believe he's back.
This episode really was confusing. I don't know how I feel about waiting for another year to see the next season. This episode seemed like it only was 30 minutes long...
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I have three things to say about the third episode:
YES YES YES!
I am so glad he is back. Sherlock did it his way, he can do it too.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.