Noah's Ark Discovered...Again?

Hmmm...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Noah's Ark Discovered...Again?

Post by Christian A. »

What do you people think of this? I'm not sure what to think yet...
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

At first glance, it didn't look particularly suspicious, but I haven't spent any time thinking or checking it any further. I may have seen some Biblical inconsistencies, but I have yet to look at those more closely.

I did notice, however, a couple of articles on the same website (possibly written by the same person?) suggesting that the Earth, and every other planet and moon in the solar system, is hollow and potentially inhabited by intelligent, superior beings.

So, that doesn't necessarily rule out the Noah's Ark article, but my inclination would be to consider it false for now. Possibly, if I spend more time on it and find some other information, I might believe it.

Edit: No, they were not by the same person. So I suppose it is possible the website just collects bizarre theories written by various people, with the potential for some of them to be true.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

Looks like an interesting article. It seems they did their research well(At least in my mind), why consider it false? Am I missing something?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Metal15 wrote:why consider it false? Am I missing something?
Because this isn't the first time someone has come along and claimed they found the ark. We can know the general area, but the exact location will forever be uncertain.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Metal15 wrote:Looks like an interesting article. It seems they did their research well(At least in my mind), why consider it false? Am I missing something?
It's always important to be skeptical when it comes to sensational claims, especially in cases like this where the sensationalists are evangelical Christians who really, really want it to be true. It's easy to invent massive conspiracy theories arguing that big organizations and mass media are intentionally hiding something from us. Those things sound dramatic and exciting, but there's no ground to make such claims. The writer of this article loses integrity by boldly claiming that it's real and there's no reason to think otherwise. He has no way of knowing that, and the fact that he wants it so badly just makes him seem overly desperate and too willing to embrace conspiracy theories. This is often how Evangelical Christians give themselves such a bad rap. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jonathan wrote:We can know the general area, but the exact location will forever be uncertain.
You think it's impossible anyone will ever find it?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

bookworm wrote:
Jonathan wrote:We can know the general area, but the exact location will forever be uncertain.
No, I think it's impossible to know if what they've found is really it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jonathan wrote:
bookworm wrote:
No, I think it's impossible to know if what they've found is really it.
I don’t understand. If an excavation uncovers a giant boat... what else would it be?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

One of the reasons we won't find it is why would you just abandon a gigantic mass of wood you can use to build new houses, use for firewood, etc.?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

As a matter of curiosity--given that the global flood happened a few thousand years ago, wouldn't the wood have decayed and decomposed by now anyway? Or am I revealing how little I know about decomposition?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

If there were any wood left, it would have petrified by now.

And to answer the other question, they found what appears to be a single beam, and that beam could've belonged to anything, just like the half dozen other ancient 'beams' that have been discovered in the region.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wasn’t referring to this specific incident, I just mean if someone in the future happens to dig up an ark, I think we could assume, if details corroborate, that it’s the ark.