Has the Soda Shop Board Officially replaced thetoo?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Has the Soda Shop Board Officially replaced thetoo?

Post by Dallas R. »

So today, I finally made my way over to the Soda Shop, and suddenly realized why this place is so dead lately. I then proceeded to make an account over there. Anyone else feel as though that site has taken over?
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

No.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

lolz. To borrow the colloquialism.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This place isn’t dead, so no.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Hehehehehe.
If you mean stealing activity from over here, yeah, definitely no. Stealing prospective members.....perhaps, it is quite a possibility.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I happen to like this place when it is quiet. Easier to get on and do what I want to do.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I've heard it's quite busy over there; the Novacom Kids' Centre to our Whit's End. However, I've heard that the whole thing has turned into a pony fest, which tempts me to go and join in...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

If you think a bunch of twelve-year-olds spamming up the place with so-called "mature debates", and occasionally remembering to post in their bajilliion other AIO topics and forums is cause for alarm, then yes, the ToO is headed for trouble. Otherwise, from the impartial viewpoint of a relative newcomer, I foresee no problems in the near future. \:D/
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Okay. I may have been a bit strong. I shouldn't say we're 'dead'. And it is a long off season for AIO. AND I haven't actually spent more than 10 minutes over on their site. I was just really surprised how many new topics are continually posted, verses the not so many here lately (At least in Whit's End, which is really the only place I check anymore).
Petrichor wrote:If you think a bunch of twelve-year-olds spamming up the place with so-called "mature debates", and occasionally remembering to post in their bajilliion other AIO topics and forums is cause for alarm, then yes, the ToO is headed for trouble. Otherwise, from the impartial viewpoint of a relative newcomer, I foresee no problems in the near future. \:D/
Haha. I think it's funny that the immature 'bunch of twelve-year-olds' are the target age for the show, and technically the ones who should be discussing it.
But I whole-heartedly agree. I appreciate the older age range of this site.
Leonard Meltsner wrote:I've heard it's quite busy over there; the Novacom Kids' Centre to our Whit's End. However, I've heard that the whole thing has turned into a pony fest, which tempts me to go and join in...
Yeah, that's the analogy I was picturing when I made this post. I'm glad someone made the connection.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you were only looking at AIO related posts then there may be a discrepancy, but that’s far from an accurate criteria for determining which site is more active.
They try to be exclusively centered around AIO, so by design they will have more AIO posts.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Petrichor wrote:If you think a bunch of twelve-year-olds spamming up the place with so-called "mature debates", and occasionally remembering to post in their bajilliion other AIO topics and forums is cause for alarm, then yes, the ToO is headed for trouble. Otherwise, from the impartial viewpoint of a relative newcomer, I foresee no problems in the near future. \:D/
I've been over there, and that's a pretty good summary of the board, especially concerning Emily. Yes, she's possibly the biggest Base Breaker since the Mitch/Connie relationship, but even we--as divided as many of us can be over both of those issues--don't feel the need to talk about her all the time, and when we do, we can give her descriptors other than "obnoxious" and "annoying". Unless you think that participation in debates that are more childish than "Fairy-Tale-E-Vision" constitutes a better or more popular board, I'd say it's no contest.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Erm, honestly, the Soda Shop reminds me wayyy too much of myself at twelve. Their "debate" on whether or not the Hunger Games books are evil was particularly painful/entertaining. \:D/ And it is an excellent, excellent example of why I have no plans to join there anytime soon. :p

Long live the ToO! :x
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Sparrow wrote:Erm, honestly, the Soda Shop reminds me wayyy too much of myself at twelve. Their "debate" on whether or not the Hunger Games books are evil was particularly painful/entertaining. \:D/ And it is an excellent, excellent example of why I have no plans to join there anytime soon. :p

Long live the ToO! :x
Wow. Thank you for sharing that link, as it made my day complete \:D/ I was laughing so hard at their comments.
*insert provocative quote here*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I suffered through reading that whole thing. It was extremely painful, mostly because the arguments--regarding THG, HP, LotR, and just about everything else--were rooted entirely in ignorance and childish legalism. Throughout that whole thing, I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry. And the fact that most of the posts were riddled with grammatical errors did not help. T_T Most of those arguments made me--someone who despises THG--cringe internally.

I realize that this is a board mostly consisting of relatively young kids, and that some of this is to be expected, but that doesn't make it any less painful to look at, nor does it excuse the ignorance on which most of their arguments are founded. Honestly, it feels like half of the things they're saying were told to them by their parents instead of things that they had learned for themselves.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I found it hilarious to read so many posts on how "the Hunger Games are evil, wicked, vile, and sinful!" followed by,"but I've never read the books or seen the film and do not plan to do so."
*insert provocative quote here*
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Hah! This was humorous. To answer your question, absolutely not. The Soda Shop was designed to be very different from the ToO, especially to provide a place for younger persons to discuss Adventures in Odyssey. It was not designed to compete with the ToO. \:D/

Your age range is extremely different from ours. This board does not provide a sufficient place for people younger than 13. There are a lot of comments/topics that are too 'mature' for most people of that age. \:D/
bookworm wrote:If you were only looking at AIO related posts then there may be a discrepancy, but that’s far from an accurate criteria for determining which site is more active.
They try to be exclusively centered around AIO, so by design they will have more AIO posts.
Thank you, bookworm. Exactly. \:D/
Dallas R. wrote:Okay. I may have been a bit strong. I shouldn't say we're 'dead'. And it is a long off season for AIO. AND I haven't actually spent more than 10 minutes over on their site. I was just really surprised how many new topics are continually posted, verses the not so many here lately (At least in Whit's End, which is really the only place I check anymore).
Haha. I think it's funny that the immature 'bunch of twelve-year-olds' are the target age for the show, and technically the ones who should be discussing it.
But I whole-heartedly agree. I appreciate the older age range of this site.
Thank you also, Dallas. I haven't officially met you before, but I completely agree with this. \:D/
Petrichor, I have enjoyed your posts thus far. This one is rather non-sensical. First, of course our board might appear to you as 'unmature'. It was designed for people younger than you, obviously. \:D/

And if this (http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=40&t=32769)is what you mean by a 'mature debate', than yeah, I'm glad we don't have those. Rather than acting on first impressions, I would appreciate if you tried to find the good in the SS, as I did for the ToO. \:D/

If I may speak of shifting activity, I would like to remind you that many Soda Shoppers have helped to increase activity on your chat room. Just look at the statistics. On many nights, at least half of the people there come from our board. \:D/
Musical Shutterbug wrote:I found it hilarious to read so many posts on how "the Hunger Games are evil, wicked, vile, and sinful!" followed by,"but I've never read the books or seen the film and do not plan to do so."
I'm sure no one here would say something like that. \:D/

Each board has advantages and disadvantages. I have great respect for several people here, as I hope some of you have for us. \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

T.S. (myself) wrote:Petrichor, I have enjoyed your posts thus far. This one is rather non-sensical. First, of course our board might appear to you as 'unmature'. It was designed for people younger than you, obviously. \:D/
I don't see anywhere in my post where I said that all SSers were "unmature" (although I personally prefer the term 'immature' \:D/). I hope my post didn't imply to you or anyone else that I think the SS is a terrible board. As you said yourself, it's a different board to serve a different purpose, and it serves its intended purpose well. I enjoyed such message boards myself when I was younger, although I now shudder to think of how I acted on them. So beware, SSers. The internet is forever. :anxious: The target range is younger, and I wouldn't have the same expectations for the members there that I do for the members here. My point was that since the ToO does target an older audience, there's really no need to worry about the majority of ToOers abandoning this board in favor of the SS.
And if this (http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=40&t=32769)is what you mean by a 'mature debate', than yeah, I'm glad we don't have those. Rather than acting on first impressions, I would appreciate if you tried to find the good in the SS, as I did for the ToO. \:D/
Eh, not so much. I'm not a big fan of those types of debates, either. And trust me, I do see some good things in the SS. I just didn't think this was the "let's all sit down and talk about our thoughts and feelings towards the Soda Shop" thread. =P
If I may speak of shifting activity, I would like to remind you that many Soda Shoppers have helped to increase activity on your chat room. Just look at the statistics. On many nights, at least half of the people there come from our board. \:D/
Chat statistics really don't matter to me personally since I never use it, although (yes, yes, you're right) chat activity may affect the overall traffic of the board. Call me crazy, but part of the reason there are so many Soda Shoppers on our chat might be because it doesn't look like the SS has a chat feature at all. Maybe it's a members-only privilege. :-

Anyways, as I said earlier, just the impressions of a relative newb. You're free to disagree with me. I might even *gasp* be wrong! :shock: But I hope the Soda Shop and the ToO can live in peace and harmony for years to come, with many more relaxing and uplifting feuds in the future. \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

T.S. (myself) wrote:Your age range is extremely different from ours. This board does not provide a sufficient place for people younger than 13. There are a lot of comments/topics that are too 'mature' for most people of that age. \:D/
No topic is really too mature for someone. They are merely not mature enough.
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Petrichor, I have enjoyed your posts thus far. This one is rather non-sensical. First, of course our board might appear to you as 'unmature'. It was designed for people younger than you, obviously. \:D/
*immature
T.S. (myself) wrote: If I may speak of shifting activity, I would like to remind you that many Soda Shoppers have helped to increase activity on your chat room. Just look at the statistics. On many nights, at least half of the people there come from our board. \:D/
Half? I wouldn't go that far. There are some delightful people from SS there though. \:D/
Musical Shutterbug wrote:I found it hilarious to read so many posts on how "the Hunger Games are evil, wicked, vile, and sinful!" followed by,"but I've never read the books or seen the film and do not plan to do so."
I didn't make it through the first page. My eyes... :mecry:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Petrichor wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:Petrichor, I have enjoyed your posts thus far. This one is rather non-sensical. First, of course our board might appear to you as 'unmature'. It was designed for people younger than you, obviously. \:D/
I don't see anywhere in my post where I said that all SSers were "unmature" (although I personally prefer the term 'immature' \:D/). I hope my post didn't imply to you or anyone else that I think the SS is a terrible board. As you said yourself, it's a different board to serve a different purpose, and it serves its intended purpose well. I enjoyed such message boards myself when I was younger, although I now shudder to think of how I acted on them. So beware, SSers. The internet is forever. :anxious: The target range is younger, and I wouldn't have the same expectations for the members there that I do for the members here. My point was that since the ToO does target an older audience, there's really no need to worry about the majority of ToOers abandoning this board in favor of the SS.
Petrichor wrote:If you think a bunch of twelve-year-olds spamming up the place with so-called "mature debates", and occasionally remembering to post in their bajilliion other AIO topics and forums is cause for alarm, then yes, the ToO is headed for trouble.
*coughs* \:D/
Petrichor wrote:Eh, not so much. I'm not a big fan of those types of debates, either. And trust me, I do see some good things in the SS. I just didn't think this was the "let's all sit down and talk about our thoughts and feelings towards the Soda Shop" thread. =P
So the ToO does indeed have its share of 'unmature debates'? ;) What exactly did you see the topic as?
Petrichor wrote:Chat statistics really don't matter to me personally since I never use it, although (yes, yes, you're right) chat activity may affect the overall traffic of the board. Call me crazy, but part of the reason there are so many Soda Shoppers on our chat might be because it doesn't look like the SS has a chat feature at all. Maybe it's a members-only privilege. :-
This was more addressed to everyone in this thread. I realize that you have little interest in your chat room. Our chatroom is, indeed, members only. We use it more for getting to know fellow members than to introduce new members. Other people have great interest in the chat room, or you wouldn't have a chat room, or a bijilion topics complaining that no one is ever in the chat room. \:D/
Petrichor wrote:Anyways, as I said earlier, just the impressions of a relative newb. You're free to disagree with me. I might even *gasp* be wrong! :shock: But I hope the Soda Shop and the ToO can live in peace and harmony for years to come, with many more relaxing and uplifting feuds in the future. \:D/
Alright, thank you for your clarification. I would love for this to happen, hence my starting of the first feud. \:D/
Ginny Weasley wrote: I've been over there, and that's a pretty good summary of the board, especially concerning Emily. Yes, she's possibly the biggest Base Breaker since the Mitch/Connie relationship, but even we--as divided as many of us can be over both of those issues--don't feel the need to talk about her all the time, and when we do, we can give her descriptors other than "obnoxious" and "annoying". Unless you think that participation in debates that are more childish than "Fairy-Tale-E-Vision" constitutes a better or more popular board, I'd say it's no contest.
Before you make a judgement of our emphasis of Emily, go read the Emily debate topics with essay like posts. Then read how each club started, and consider the multiple thousand Random/Anti-Random posts here.

Goodness, why are debates such a big issue? Is that really what should define an Adventures in Odyssey board?
Knight Fisher wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:Your age range is extremely different from ours. This board does not provide a sufficient place for people younger than 13. There are a lot of comments/topics that are too 'mature' for most people of that age. \:D/
You realize I was talking about the ToO? By 'too mature' I meant inappropriate for someone of that age, which is why the SS exists right now.
Knight Fisher wrote:
*immature
My online "family", as advertised in Hillindale:
Shakespeare: My Online Conscience.
thefinalhoru: My online trusty steed.
Montykins: Back-Up Conscience.
Jeremy: Epic neighbor across the street.
Sunny: My pet dog named, Lulu.
Lee: Sister
God's Daughter: Awesome sister
*Hillingdale
*thefinalhour
\:D/
Knight Fisher wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote: If I may speak of shifting activity, I would like to remind you that many Soda Shoppers have helped to increase activity on your chat room. Just look at the statistics. On many nights, at least half of the people there come from our board. \:D/
Half? I wouldn't go that far. There are some delightful people from SS there though. \:D/
The ratio has shifted recently. But the 'at least half' comes from a ToO member(s) on the chat. \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
You realize I was talking about the ToO? By 'too mature' I meant inappropriate for someone of that age, which is why the SS exists right now.
Like I just said...
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
*immature
My online "family", as advertised in Hillindale:
Shakespeare: My Online Conscience.
thefinalhoru: My online trusty steed.
Montykins: Back-Up Conscience.
Jeremy: Epic neighbor across the street.
Sunny: My pet dog named, Lulu.
Lee: Sister
God's Daughter: Awesome sister
*Hillingdale
*thefinalhour
\:D/
Ancient, irrelevant history. Which I'm going to update at some point. I just don't care that much. And the second was as requested. ;)
T.S. (myself) wrote: I don't see anywhere in my post where I said that all SSers were "unmature"
Whereas you, knowing that yours is incorrect, continue to use it.

[/end]