Voting and such

I'm polling you all

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Vote for however many statements apply to you.

I am too young to vote. :(
28%
I am old enough to vote, but am not registered
5%
I am registered and vote occasionally
7%
I am registered and vote in every election possible
33%
I have been involved in political campaigns in some way
14%
The only time I've ever had anything to do with a campaign is to listen to robo-calls
7%
I have volunteered or would consider doing so at my local polling place
7%

Total votes: 43

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just picked up all the voting machines and equipment this morning, and they are sitting in my living room. \:D/ It's going to be an EARLY morning tomorrow - I have to get there around 4:40...that's after a 15 minute drive and probably 10 minutes to load everything in the van beforehand.

I would appreciate your prayers that everything would go smoothly and there wouldn't be any big issues that I have to deal with. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I just picked up all the voting machines and equipment this morning, and they are sitting in my living room. \:D/ It's going to be an EARLY morning tomorrow - I have to get there around 4:40...that's after a 15 minute drive and probably 10 minutes to load everything in the van beforehand.

I would appreciate your prayers that everything would go smoothly and there wouldn't be any big issues that I have to deal with. :)
Are you helping with running the polls?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nah, she just has all the machines in her house to rig the vote. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Kait wrote:
aussie aio fan wrote:Here in Australia it is compulsary to vote, so yes I have voted in every election since I've been able to.
I'm probably the only person in America who thinks this, but I'm almost of the opinion it should be mandatory in the U.S., too. :anxious:
Too many stupid people in America for this to be a good thing.
Absolutely this. If people did their civic duty and at least attempted to be educated about politics, then maybe. But then again, if they were, they wouldn’t need to be compelled to vote, they’d do it on their own.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Top Crusader wrote:Nah, she just has all the machines in her house to rig the vote. \:D/
Yeah, this. :dance: I raided the office and made off with everything! \:D/ Woot!

No, actually I'm the chief officer at the polls in my precinct. ;) I have to pick up the equipment and bring it back tomorrow night, fill out the paperwork, deal with any problems, and make sure everything runs smoothly during the day. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I voted for the first time in 2004 and then again in 2008. Sadly, I don't usually make the primaries or municipal elections unless they're on the ballot during the Presidential election. I do vote for judges on occasion especially the ones I know are not crazy. ;) As for electioneering, I did some work with Young Republicans in college which basically involved campaigning for local candidates, then this year I worked on the Ron Paul campaign, and attended a few speeches/events etc. I think I still have the sign in my living room window, haha.

Sadly, I didn't do early voting this year, so it looks like I'll have to brave the craziness tomorrow. :(
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Voted and accounted for. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I voted and had no wait or problems whatever. \:D/ I had forgotten how much fun voting is now that we do it electronically. :mrgreen:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Voted! \:D/ It only took me like 3 minutes tops.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It's funny to click on NY and see dot popping up around the state and then a huge concentration of votes on the island.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I find it very interesting that more females are voting than males even in my state.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, this isn’t actually counting votes, it’s tracking people that tell Facebook they’ve voted. Maybe females are more inclined to do that.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:Well, this isn’t actually counting votes, it’s tracking people that tell Facebook they’ve voted. Maybe females are more inclined to do that.
I didn't know that. I thought it was counting votes.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well, there's more women than men in the US. That may be one reason.

But I think they just don't want to end up all homely and subservient like Ann Romney. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

EK wrote:Well, there's more women than men in the US. That may be one reason.

But I think they just don't want to end up all homely and subservient like Ann Romney. ;)
Michelle Obama should take lessons from Mrs. Romney IMHO.:yes:
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I wonder if Mittens will take the state that looks like a mitten.(Michigan) \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Woody wrote:I wonder if Mittens will take the state that looks like a mitten.(Michigan) \:D/
Let's hope he takes more than just Michigan.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Laurie wrote:
Woody wrote:I wonder if Mittens will take the state that looks like a mitten.(Michigan) \:D/
^This :yes:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laurie wrote:
Yes.