The First US Presidential Debate Discussion

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Ginny Weasley wrote:DIRTY LIBERALS. :x

;)

My own personal thoughts on the debates are...well, kind of neutral. I won't pretend to be the political junkie, because I'm certainly not, but I will say that this election seems more and more to me like "pick your poison" than anything else. I think both candidates have good ideas to bring to the table, but I'm not sure how new many of these ideas are, nor am I entirely sure how either of them will implement them. Personally, I would choose Mittens if I could vote because he's my least unfavorite--I like his stance on foreign policy and I think his Five Point Plan is, if nothing else, a viable solution.

(I will say that it feels like some of the undecideds will probably be voting for Romney simply because his running mate isn't Biden, giving Biden's apparently jerky performance during the debates this past Thursday, but whatever.)
^This.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I wouldn't vote for Biden simply because he's a complete and total idiot who can't seem to say one intelligent thing any time he opens his mouth. Not that Obama or Biden have much they can say these days.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

At first I thought you said you WOULD vote for Biden because he's an idiot. xD
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

snubs wrote:At first I thought you said you WOULD vote for Biden because he's an idiot. xD
Note the word wouldn't in my post.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Laurie wrote:
snubs wrote:At first I thought you said you WOULD vote for Biden because he's an idiot. xD
Note the word wouldn't in my post.
Note the words At first in her post.
~ Walker in Dreams
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

EK wrote:Why do you abuse your husband Kait? :x
Because I'm a feminist. :(
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

:hilarious:

Wow...how sad is that? Just goes to show you how informed most Americans' decisions are.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Oh. My. Word. What is America coming to?

*Goes to live under a rock*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I for one firmly believe that men are perfectly capable of doing things for themselves and should do things for themselves.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

bookworm wrote:What Republicans are against is unnecessarily expansive and invasive government, regardless of whether it is under Republican or Democrat leadership.
:hilarious:

You mean like the PATRIOT Act, the TSA, the NDAA, drones, Internet control, raw milk bans, etc., etc.? Oh wait, Romney and the Republicans support all of those unconstitutional invasions into our lives...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Again, it depends on where you draw the line of invasiveness. And not all Republicans support those.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

bookworm wrote:Again, it depends on where you draw the line of invasiveness. And not all Republicans support those.
Not all, but most do. And I'm just saying that there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats, they both support the same expansive and invasive government actions, and government only continues to grow no matter which party is in charge.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

"Republicans want smaller government for the same reason crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder." - James Carville
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Oba-rai wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
ique wrote:
question about something said: why was Romney upset that Obama had put 90 million into green jobs?
Because they all went bankrupt after we wasted monies on them. >_>
...actually, they didn't all go bankrupt.
Not literally, but they aren't all doing well.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Jeremy wrote:
bookworm wrote:Again, it depends on where you draw the line of invasiveness. And not all Republicans support those.
Not all, but most do. And I'm just saying that there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats, they both support the same expansive and invasive government actions, and government only continues to grow no matter which party is in charge.
Precisely. The only real difference is that the two parties disagree on how and where to expand said government growth, and even then they often agree. The fact that Republicans choose to campaign under the auspices of limited government is laughable (See, e.g. the adoption of the Patriot Act, TSA expansion, TARP (which Romney supported), the 2001 bankruptcy code revision which allowed the banks to rewrite the law backed by federal enforcement, etc under GWB) just as is the Democratic party's choice to campaign under the banner of non-interventionist policy (See, e.g. Executive order drone strikes/Obama's "kill list", the expansion of Executive power to execute American citizens without any due process or congressional oversight on suspicion of terrorism, Egypt/Libya and the attitude towards Iran post-Obama).

The elite in both parties have bamboozled the American people with the game of a so-called two-party system. I think there is way more collusion between the two than any of us would be comfortable to admit. Sadly, most of the policies have been created to benefit the Wall St. and government elite, at the expense of the American people and the country itself.

/end rant. ;)
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Aaaannnd....I vote Sherlock for President.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

If that is the case, I will, of course, be requiring Watson and Jeremy in my Cabinet.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Sherlock wrote:If that is the case, I will, of course, be requiring Watson and Jeremy in my Cabinet.

You'll need more women than that.

BRING IN THE BINDERS.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can’t find this on Youtube so I can’t embed it, but this video is pretty funny.