Album 56: The Grand Design

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Christian A. wrote:Whit reminds me of Geppetto from Disney's Pinocchio movie in this artwork.
:lol: Yes! I just realized that myself. Thats who it was....
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Yay for Album 55! :yay: But, folks, I HAVE A SUMMARY! For some reason, my local Family Christian got a hold of the hard copies of The Deep End early, and in them is the album 56 summary! So, here ya go:

"It seems like everyone in Odyssey is looking for something. As Emily pursues her hopes and dreams, she journeys in the Imagination Station to see Whit as a young boy. Penny goes hunting for happiness but her search makers her miserable. And Jay must figure out a strange program in the Room of Consequence that could lead to an unwanted ending. Through his invention and wise counsel, Whit guides the folks in Odyssey along the right path."

-Aly
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Whit as a young boy? This should be interesting.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

How long do we have to wait to download Album 56? I'm excited already!
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thanks for sharing that, Aly! I'm glad to see that we're getting new Imagination Station and Room of Consequence episodes!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:How long do we have to wait to download Album 56? I'm excited already!
Probably September, they still have only recorded 9 episodes for the album, the rest are being recorded next week.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Whit as a young boy? This should be interesting.
Yes! I am looking forward to that episode! Thank you, Alyssa!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I'm looking forward to Jay in the ROC. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Whit as a young boy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

I don't mind the album art... I think it's pretty good. Whit might look a little childish, but, so what?
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

The design kinda looks kidish and the imagination station cooler
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

from the social shout out Image
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hmm... tithing... I wonder how that will be addressed? :-k

I like the cover a lot!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Why doesn't Whit just tell the story instead of showing Emily through the Imagination Station...? But looking forward to this album, especially "Home Again" and the return of Joanne!!! And the cover looks amazing as an extra bonus. So much better than 55.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

http://media.focusonthefamily.com/aio/m ... unting.mp3

Thanks to Thriving Family, we have an episode from album 56 before it releases. This episode is number 720 and is called Happy Hunting.

Penny Wise embarks on a frantic search to find happiness, but in the process she makes everyone around her miserable.

Evan Reedall said on AIO's Twitter that album 56 would come out for download in a couple days.

To get all the info we currently have on album 56, visit the Future page on AIOWiki.
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

AHHHH!!! The ring is gone in the official cover!!!!!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Anyone else notice the wedding ring? I'm pretty sure that hasn't been in the older pictures of Whit...

Note: I'm not speculating that he is getting married, it just seems odd that he would still be wearing one after all this time - and after dating other women...
That's the first thing I noticed, because I don't remember seeing it before.
Many older people continue to wear their rings many years after the death of their spouses. One of my former volunteers had lost her husband 20 years before and still wore her rings, so did my grandmother. It could be that he took it off if he was actually ON a date, but unless there was a serious commitment made to another woman, which there was not, then there is no reason for him not to wear it. As a side note, many also change the ring to the right hand or wear the deceased spouses ring. I do NOT see Whit with Lucia, but rather Lucia with the former childhood friend mentioned in Never For Nothing. Whit, unlike Jason and Connie, should stay single.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My mother wore her engagement and wedding rings after my father passed.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Album 56 is officially available for download:
http://family.christianbook.com/Christi ... DA19120-CP

It will come out in hard copy in October (minus bonus features).

Here is the episode list:
715 & 716: The Perfect Church Parts 1 & 2
717: Great Expectations
718: For Three Dollars More
719: The Bible Network
720: Happy Hunting
721: The Holy Hoopster
721a: BONUS! Extended mix of The Holy Hoopster rap
722: The Lost Riddle
723: Groundhog Jay
724 & 725: Home Again-Parts 1 & 2
726: Push the Red Button
726a: BONUS! Behind-the-scenes of Push the Red Button
Adventures in Odyssey #56: The Grand Design - Digital Booklet

So feel free to discus what you think of the album. And if you must give something away, PLEASE use spoiler tags. :)

And after you done listening to the album, help us out over at AIOWiki and fill in the episode pages.

---------------------------------------------------
First thing I noticed from the 30 second previews is that they seem to have gotten a new voice for Nelson (which makes him sound younger) :( and that there is no way that Matthew can still be a 10 year old. \:D/ (Dave Arnold said this on a recent podcast, but Paul McCusker said that he thinks he is 11. I think he's at least 12. :) I mean, at the end of October this year, Zach will be 15. :shock: ) And a rap on Odyssey \:D/ ! That hasn't happened since Lights Out At Whit's End. Hopefully this one will stand the test of time better than Communicate did. :D

Also, the last episode (contrary to what has been on AIOWiki for a while) is NOT the live show and is the episode that Zach talked about being one of his favorite AIO episodes on the AIO Blogcast: http://aio-blog.blogspot.com/2012/06/ai ... -zach.html. It sounds really interesting and I suspect it's the one that has all of the older versions of the characters in it. (If you didn't hear about that, visit the Future page on AIOWiki.)

All in all, this album looks to be a good one and I can't wait to hear it. \:D/

Edit: Oops, I just remembered that there was another rap on Odyssey. I don't know what episode, I just remember hearing it on the 500 episode.
Last edited by AIOCREFan on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

aw... I think Tom rapping on Lights Out at Whits End is one of the most hilarious moments in the whole series. Can´t wait to listen to The Grand Design!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden