NaNoWriMo

it's that time of year again :)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

NaNoWriMo

Post by Graces4you »

So that time of year is coming around again \:D/ National Novel Writing begins only 9 days from tomorrow! Who's going to participate this year? What ideas have the NaNoWriMoers of the board been cooking up? (if you have no idea under the sun what I am talking about click the link above)
Last edited by Graces4you on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A few months ago I finally found out how to pronounce it and it has made thinking about it infinitely easier on the brain.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I have, crazily, decided to try it. I have a plot idea, and everything. But I'm not good at sticking to stuff, so we'll see. I'm not sure if my idea is good, or not. So this is my synopsis. Nothing is final.

It's about a girl and a boy. The girl goes to a girls boarding school, and the boy goes to a boys. The 2 schools are separated by a forest. The girl is amazingly popular, and the boy is pretty quiet, and awkward. He has one friend. The girl is somewhat conceited. Anyways, troubling things happen in the girl's life. One night she goes out to the forest, and meets a boy there. There might be multiple times she goes there, or just one. The girl goes into a hollow tree. She vanishes, and the boy follows. They're in a different world. Overrun by fairies. And other creatures. Anyways, the fairies have been at war for hundreds of years. And the war is slowly destroying the forest. There is but one portal, which the twosome went through. The rest had been destroyed by war. They can't get out. The war has to be stopped first. But the fairies have been consumed in the war for so long, they won't stop, not for anything. The boy and girl have to stop it themselves. But the strange pair can hardly get along with eachother. How are they supposed to stop a war?

What does everyone think of my idea? I know it's a bit early to be posting this, but I've been planning. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I've been working on my outline since June and now it's finally done \:D/ I can't wait =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I thought about doing it this year, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. I'm hoping to do it next year :)
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

It can't be. Not so soon. I'm not prepared! :mad:

I'm definitely participating this year, albeit a few days late. Pesky SAT, taking up prime noveling time.

Anywho, here's my profile, if anyone should wish to add me or some such notion.
Last edited by Petrichor on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

"It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeeear!" :inlove: I am so psyched for NaNoWriMo. I've been chipping away at my plot and outline for a while now, and I'm starting to feel pretty good about it. :yes: I love November. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Right now, I have a little wooden sign beside me on my bed that has that song line on it. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Instead of doing NaNoWriMo, I think I'll do "NaNoWriYear," starting in January. :P

I just don't have time to be writing 1500+ words a day...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Instead of doing NaNoWriMo, I think I'll do "NaNoWriYear," starting in January. :P

:noway: Nobody has time for NaNoWriMo--or "NaNoWriYear", for that matter. The point of NaNo is that you write in spite of your busy schedule instead of waiting for that magical day where you suddenly have time to write or you're suddenly disciplined enough to do the steady, self-paced thing. (Take it from someone who knows. Waiting for a "better time" is futile.)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I am SO EXCITED about NaNo this year! \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Amethystic wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:Instead of doing NaNoWriMo, I think I'll do "NaNoWriYear," starting in January. :P

:noway: Nobody has time for NaNoWriMo--or "NaNoWriYear", for that matter. The point of NaNo is that you write in spite of your busy schedule instead of waiting for that magical day where you suddenly have time to write or you're suddenly disciplined enough to do the steady, self-paced thing. (Take it from someone who knows. Waiting for a "better time" is futile.)
I am not waiting for a better time. I am simply stretching the period out a little bit. Instead of a month to write 50,000 words, I'll take a year. That way, I don't have to keep to the strict schedule of 1,500 words a day.

Some days I have a lot of free time, so I'll use much of that time for writing.

However, many days, I have absolutely no freetime, and so (if I were to only do it in a month) I would have to end up writing about 4 or 5,000 words each time I got the chance to write, and I don't think I'm quite up for that...

I like to write, but 5,000 words in one sitting is a little much for me.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I think it's 1600? words a day.
I now feel as if I haven't planned enough, compared to others. :( Oh well, I am only 10. Somehow I feel as if my storyline has been used many times before.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

~JCGJ~ wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

I am not waiting for a better time. I am simply stretching the period out a little bit. Instead of a month to write 50,000 words, I'll take a year. That way, I don't have to keep to the strict schedule of 1,500 words a day.

Some days I have a lot of free time, so I'll use much of that time for writing.

However, many days, I have absolutely no freetime, and so (if I were to only do it in a month) I would have to end up writing about 4 or 5,000 words each time I got the chance to write, and I don't think I'm quite up for that...

I like to write, but 5,000 words in one sitting is a little much for me.
Mmhmm, sure. Whatever you say. :-
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

He's in denial.

I did NOT have time for it last year, and yet I still finished on the 27th \:D/ This year is even busier, but I'm still going to do it. I mean. .yes, sometime during the month I get tired of it and want to quit, but when you finish. .it's such a glorious feeling! \:D/

Has anyone else here printed their 5 free copies?

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:Has anyone else here printed their 5 free copies?
Don’t you have to sign away the rights to your story to do that?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No, it's a self-publishing website that gives you a code for 5 free copies \:D/ I printed mine last year, along with some more, and sold quite a few at some churches and homeschool places we went to.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That isn’t how I interpreted the terms. :-k
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well, that's how they did, and it works, since I did it and have my copy with me =P

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well yeah you have your copy, but are you sure they aren’t marketing the story now without your knowledge? That’s how I read the terms last year. You get your five printings in exchange for agreeing that they can do whatever they want with the work from then on. I didn’t think that sounded right, but that’s definitely the message I got. I’ll have to reread their statement.