Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

A Historical Biopic

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Post by The Top Crusader »

lolz \:D/
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

Well...That's different.
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey, I just read an amusing customer story on the Not Always Right site about the book. \:D/
The Truth Is Waaay Out There
Bookstore | Southern Missouri, USA | Bizarre

Customer: “Do you know who wrote Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?”

Me: “Oh yeah…it was the same guy who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I can show you where it is.”

Customer: “When I first heard about this book, I was shocked! I had to sit there for a minute and see if I remembered any of my teachers mentioning that Lincoln killed vampires.”

(I decide to remain silent while she continues.)

Customer: “You know, the government tries to keep things like this from us. You can tell, because they never mention any of the supernatural things that happen in the news. You know…all those true exorcism and demon movies!”
:lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Um. There were vampires in the trailer?

What?

Sorry, I got lost in there.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I really, really want to see this movie.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yes! I love this concept. And Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, although that's a different author also under Quirk books if I remember correctly. Just hilarious. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My brother showed me this trailer the other day. Too funny! I will not be seeing this movie, but just the idea was hilarious enough for me to want to see the trailer.

Laura, thanks for sharing that story! There are no words to describe some people. :lol: I just assumed that it was my Canadian education that led to my lack of knowledge of the details of Abraham Lincoln's life. ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

That...was about the most ridiculous, silliest thing I've ever seen. I know the trailer was trying to be all dark and mysterious, but I couldn't help but try not to laugh.

Till the end of the line.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I know there was a novel about Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires. I don't remember the title or author's name. If anyone is interested they could probably find it on Amazon. I did not know there was a movie on the subject. I don't plan on seeing it.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When I heard about this a while back I knew Top would be the one to make a thread about it. :P
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I got to see an advance screening of this film as a ancestor of mine was a vampire killed by Lincoln. I have always hated him for killing my Great Great Great Grandfather but now seeing it from his angle I feel he did the right thing and the ability to see this movie put all the past anger away.

I hope they make Lincoln Werewolf hunter next as I would like to see how my Great Great Great uncle died.
Last edited by Bmuntz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I like the above review so so so much. \:D/

It'll probably take years for Part 2 to come out. Special effects movies take too long to make. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

My sister's reaction to seeing the movie trailer: "Abraham Lincoln is ten times sexier than Edward!" (Note that she shouted this in a full movie theater.)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm still waiting on the movie about Lincoln's pro wrestling career, but at least Mountain Dew made a commercial that mentioned it a while back.

I mean, if you are going to fabricate a story of him hunting vampires, you could... take some creative liberties and make a movie about stuff he actually did. \:D/ Obviously it was when he was a young guy, before he was in the senate. It would be cool to draw parallels between his wrestling and his future political career. Well, I'd watch it at least. :noway:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm still waiting on the movie about Lincoln's pro wrestling career, but at least Mountain Dew made a commercial that mentioned it a while back.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

LOL I love that.

EPIC THREAD UPDATE!!!

So we saw the movie at the dollar theater today (that costs $2 a ticket now :x). LOL. The like... drama of it the story was kind of cool, I liked how it mixed the vampire stuff with history... but then the action was just over the top and crazy, like Equilibrium or something. I enjoyed it overall definitely, but the TALKY PARTS were better than the CHOPPING PARTS imo.

I dunno off the top of my head who was playing Lincoln, but I thought he did a pretty good job and the makeup crew really made him look the part as he aged.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yo this movie actually came out? Hm, I might have to go see that.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well it was worth $2, lol. If you go in with the right mindset its pretty entertaining.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'll go into it in the same mindset as I had when watching Karate Bearfighter. \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

It was odd but entertaining. I thought the action was funny but it was meant to be, I think? I liked the historical aspect... adding vamps to the civil war and such. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.