"My Moment"

a new single by Rebecca Black

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
"My Moment"

Post by Sapphire »

If you haven't heard already, Rebecca Black came out with a new single. Click here to read an article about it and to view the music video. So, what are your thoughts on it?

I have to say it was a touch better than "Friday," but I still hated it. It's just too bubbly and happy for my taste. Don't get me wrong. I love happy songs, but this one was just annoyingly happy. So, it was another disappointing song by Rebecca Black for me at least.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I thought it was better than Friday, to be sure, perhaps a little annoying though. And her voice does sound better, but I'm not sure if that's because it's truly gotten better or because of excessive autotune....

But anyway, I hope she gets a kinder response this time.

Till the end of the line.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

She sounds better than before...and she doesn't look as bad, but she still can't sing. Really, I wish she'd just try to understand some of that? And part of her song is like, she's been waiting forever. Forever is what? A few years? Really?

And then she sings about the haters. Oh, that's so annoying. It's better than Friday, but she still...settle for something else. And the words...they didn't flow well either.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

It was a better song, and she sounded a little better, but it's still not great...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Good grief. That songs is the epitome of flirtatiousness. >_> Watch her eyes like at 0:27.

That's also the time when the song gets rockier, so I haven't listened to it all. This video is way less fun than Friday.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Wow, I must say, I didn't think she'd come out with another one, or at least not that fast.

I think she's getting popular-happy already. Notice how Friday was just a for fun song it seemed, and now this newest one makes her seem like a star, and it's soooo worldly and Hollywood. I hope Rebekah Black has a moment where God just really reveals Himself to her. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Should Parker rant?... *ponders*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This song includes about 33 uses of the phrase "my moment". Rebecca's previous song used the word "Friday" 27 times.

Everything after 0:30 was garbage. And boring, too. This lacked everything that made "Friday" fun... and yet it was just as pointless, sensual and worldly. I'll be honest; I watched "Friday" several times for the lulz. I don't plan to ever rewatch this.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

^ I pretty much agree. It's just "This is my moment, my moment," and it's all...super worldy. There's no fun in making a parody of this. Blah. It may not get much hate, but I really don't agree >_>

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t like that at all. The melody didn’t flow, there was hardly any substance, and it wasn’t even catchy.
I’m sure it was a better song, just by value of being from a (presumably) reputable label and not that joke Ark, but I definitely like Friday better.
This one seemed to have too much meaning. It was more of a statement than a song.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Here's a new version of the song without "auto-tune" and all the voice editing:

Note: I still don't approve of most of the song...

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s not real. :roll:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

...that seriously can't be really her :|

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

No its not :no:

Her real voice it pretty good which is why I don't understand why she uses auto-tune :shrugs:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Parker Family wrote:Her real voice it pretty good which is why I don't understand why she uses auto-tune :shrugs:
Indeed.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Snap, none of you fell for it. ;)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Rebecca’s website wrote:About Rebecca

Millions of people know Rebecca Black as the 14-year-old girl whose "Friday" stuck in their heads whether they wanted it to or not. They know her as the precocious girl who sat and discussed her overnight star status on Jay Leno's couch, proved she could sing on "Good Morning America" by belting out the "The Star-Spangled Banner," poked fun at herself on "Funny or Die," and was blown away by Joe Jonas's tweets, Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest and Lady Gaga's praise, and America's fascination with her, all as “Friday” climbed towards the 200 Million mark on YouTube.

But what people don't know about this teenager from Anaheim Hills, California is that she didn't just do the "Friday" video on a lark to become famous. She didn't want to be the biggest viral star launched from YouTube since the sneezing panda. The honor student and straight-laced kid who, like any 13-year-old loves the mall, hanging out with her BF, and putting together colorful outfits, has been studying dance and singing since age 3 and is dedicated to a career in music.

"I'm not going to be just a one hit wonder. This is what I have wanted to do all my life and what I plan to do for my future. I'm determined and I don't think people realize how hard I've worked for all of this to happen. I'm not going to let the haters stop me. I want to show everyone, I'm serious," says Rebecca, who is currently working on a debut EP which is expected later this summer.
So it sounds like she’s going to be a new name in the music industry. For real, as a new artist.
It will be interesting to see where this goes.
I like Friday (Once you get past the O.o it’s actually a really catchy song. You can at least like it for how bad it is.) but I don’t know about other songs. I don’t see a point in following her music career, because I’m not really interested in the artist as much as I am in just that one song.
We’ll see what happens though.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, if she seriously wants in the music industry, she should learn to play an instrument...maybe flute...or trumpet...or violin...or drums...something that doesn't allow her to sing. Sorry, but she's not a singer...nor does she have good songs thus far. "My Moment" I thought had moderate promise to be a little better than Friday for the first 30 seconds...it seemed just nice and speaking of confidence and serious...then it got all cheesy again, started up with the repetitive lyrics again, and once AGAIN had a video where she was the center of the entire world...and instead of being sweet and confident, she came across as bratty.
American Eagle wrote:This song includes about 33 uses of the phrase "my moment". Rebecca's previous song used the word "Friday" 27 times.
Wow, only 33? And only 27 of Friday?! Wowzers...Wonder how many times she'll repeat the same word in her next song...trying to set a record maybe? I'm predicting...40. ;)
Parker Family wrote:Her real voice it pretty good which is why I don't understand why she uses auto-tune
Eh...the real voice sounds better than it does with autotune, but you can tell she still struggles with some of the song in the video...and it's still not that great of a voice. :no: Sorry, but not convinced...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

SoccerLOTR wrote:Wow, if she seriously wants in the music industry, she should learn to play an instrument...maybe flute...or trumpet...or violin...or drums...something that doesn't allow her to sing. Sorry, but she's not a singer...nor does she have good songs thus far. "My Moment" I thought had moderate promise to be a little better than Friday for the first 30 seconds...it seemed just nice and speaking of confidence and serious...then it got all cheesy again, started up with the repetitive lyrics again, and once AGAIN had a video where she was the center of the entire world...and instead of being sweet and confident, she came across as bratty.
I agree with everything you said, SoccerLOTR. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

She simply should just be in the film industry. She has the perfect attitude for it, and seems to enjoy being on camera far more than actually making songs.
he/him | a little stinker.