ToO Glitches

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

ToO Glitches

Post by Bren »

Has anyone noticed any problems while using ToO? mAYBE Marvin's avy messing up, smilies or having problems loading certain areas of the site? On newToO, Marvin has a quote avy. Though it seems fine on BlueToO.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Top's post in the Blue Laws thread in CCDS isn't showing up for me. He shows up as the most recent post but, in the thread, it's just not there. (I suppose you could say the thread is Top-less ;) ) I read the first two lines from his post history but, I still feel deprived. :( Also, now I'm just really curious what he said. :anxious:

I'm currently using the red default style (whatever it's called), for the record.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The Marvin avy and getting the can't display webpage is weird/fustrating.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I use Grey Scale and have not had any problems. The ToO has been running very smoothly for me of late.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe it is just little old me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven’t been having problems displaying anything, but I am still having occasional server errors when posting.

As for Top’s missing post, it may be because of your settings. If a post is the first and only post on a new page of a thread, sometimes it won’t show up because the thread isn’t split into two pages yet. Try setting your ‘topic review’ number up one and see if it’s there then. :) Or click to reply to the thread, and it might be in the 'topic review' box at the bottom of the page.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Once in a while the 500 error or whatever comes up. Not too often though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If it happens to me, it happens all the time. But it doesn’t happen every time.
Today I haven’t gotten it once yet, but yesterday I got it every time I did anything! ](*,)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Yeah I get server errors randomly. Another time I posted and it showed up that TKD was the last poster in the thread even though I was. Nothing real big though. :yes:

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Just got the first one of the day. Image
And the site is suddenly painfully slow again.
Apparently it acts up at certain times.

"Internal Server Error"
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:Just got the first one of the day. Image

"Internal Server Error"
I got that message while posting in Harlequin a few minutes ago and it worked fine when I posted this message.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon May 09, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Last night the site wouldn't load at all. My connection was fine, but the site just wouldn't load, even after sitting for 5 minutes.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

ric wrote:Last night the site wouldn't load at all. My connection was fine, but the site just wouldn't load, even after sitting for 5 minutes.
I had that same problem. I think I may stop coming here for a while. I'm sick and tired of all of the glitches.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Laurie wrote:I got that message while posting in Harlequin a few minutes ago and it worked fine when I posted this message.
Yes, that seems to come up after the post has actually gone through alright. It’s just having trouble loading the confirmation page. I’m still getting it occasionally when I post (got it twice so far this morning) but I just press back until I get back to the thread I was viewing, and my post shows up fine. So it’s really more of an annoyance than a problem.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

bookworm wrote:Just got the first one of the day. Image

"Internal Server Error"
I just got this error message while posting in Finneman's Marked a few minutes ago. And also, what happened to Ric also happened to me last night, My internet connection was great (5 bars, and that almost never happens) but the site loaded and loaded for five minutes or longer but never came in. I finally just gave up and went to bed. It worked this morning though.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I'm starting to doubt how wise it would be to make the election forums public... :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:
Laurie wrote:I got that message while posting in Harlequin a few minutes ago and it worked fine when I posted this message.
Yes, that seems to come up after the post has actually gone through alright. It’s just having trouble loading the confirmation page. I’m still getting it occasionally when I post (got it twice so far this morning) but I just press back until I get back to the thread I was viewing, and my post shows up fine. So it’s really more of an annoyance than a problem.
I reloaded the page and my post was there. IMHO it is both an annoyance and a problem but that's just me.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Laurie wrote:IMHO it is both an annoyance and a problem
I know what you mean, but I meant ‘problem’ as in a board malfunction in the posting process.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:
Laurie wrote:IMHO it is both an annoyance and a problem
I know what you mean, but I meant ‘problem’ as in a board malfunction in the posting process.
Understood.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ric wrote:I'm starting to doubt how wise it would be to make the election forums public... :-k
Why would that be?