Dr. Who Fall Season 6: "The Wedding of River Song"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Rory's going to die at the end of the series... not just then.

And I loved the rest of the episode. It was so Doctor Who. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Is that your theory of who River killed?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. Cause Amy screams that 'Nooo'... unless that's for the girl. :-k So I think it'd be Rory River killed, unless she's the spaceman who shot The Doctor... but that would be really confusing to work out. :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein

Post by 31899 »

Where does the window person fit into all of this?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Doesn't it look like River to you? She was saying "Just relax, you're doing fine.", as in Amy was having a baby...

EDIT: I take it back. It's some other woman... unless Wiki lied, of course. ;)
Last edited by Termite on Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC

Post by 31899 »

I just re-watched that scene and it is not River (unless River is a Time-Lord). Although I think we may have viewed her before, outside of this season.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*cough* I did edit and say it wasn't. :- Her name is Francis something, not Alex Kingston. And she may not be a Time Lord; as I said maybe just a nurse helping Amy have her baby...

And really? :-k Any idea where?
Love you always, SnC

Post by 31899 »

That episode was awesome!!!!! At first I thought Sexy[Sexy is the name of the TARDIS, my apologies if anyone is offended] was a delusional Time Lord. She is officially one of my favourite characters. I also thought that the Doctor was going to free a bunch of Time Lords, but he didn't because there were none to free :(. Then he made the franken-TARDIS which was so weird because you have to grow a TARDIS, but because the pieces were already grown I guess that aloud him to make one?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I guess it's like grafting plants... :-k

And *squee* I LOVED Idris!

I knew Amy's screaming of "NOOOO!!!!!!" in the trailers was about Rory dying. I might have been wrong about when he died (though I still think he will at the end... twice all ready this season, so why not once more?), but I was still right in guesing he died. \:D/

"You call me... sexy."
"SH! Only when we're alone!"
:inlove:

I'm really sad that Ten's TARDIS coming back didn't signify his brief return. :( Maybe TARDIS could've archived a memory of him as well? Itw ould've been funny... but probably a good thing he wasn't in there. =P
Love you always, SnC
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Termite wrote: I'm really sad that Ten's TARDIS coming back didn't signify his brief return. :( Maybe TARDIS could've archived a memory of him as well? Itw ould've been funny... but probably a good thing he wasn't in there. =P
She probably could've archived his image, but not his soul/personality. Then again, she's the TARDIS...she can do almost anything...I dunno, I wouldn't mind an episode where Eleven goes through a "gallery" of sorts of his former (and future? TARDIS did say she had 30 control rooms archived) incarnations and companions (and maybe even enemies). It seems like it would be a great location for a Heroic BSOD moment after Amy and Rory leave, voluntarily or not. (I'm guessing the latter.) :-k And then there's the fiftieth anniversary that's coming up soon...:D

Oh, and I'm guessing Eleven's death at the beginning of the season will be undone by some sort of timey-wimey solution. Apparently
the actor who portrayed the Silence will be back for the finale.
This was a really solid episode, and I really enjoyed it. I hope this isn't the last we see (or hear) of TARDIS/Idris, but they'd have to find a vessel that could contain her without dying (Captain Jack? ;) ). The TARDIS and Time Lord graveyard was quite heartbreaking, as was Amy's and Rory's ordeal in the corridors. I kinda fear that may be foreshadowing their future doom (since companions rarely have an easy time leaving in the new series).

Oh, and bunk beds are cool!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

That episode was too epic for words. :inlove: It's definitely one of my favorites. Idris was absolutely amazing.

The Doctor: She's my TARDIS, and she's a woman!!
Amy: Did you wish really hard?
The Doctor: Oh, shut up.
Idris: Hello. I'm Sexy.
The Doctor: *makes a face at Amy* Still shut up.

The bunk beds joke was brilliant, I must admit. :lol:
Kairi wrote:I dunno, I wouldn't mind an episode where Eleven goes through a "gallery" of sorts of his former (and future? TARDIS did say she had 30 control rooms archived) incarnations and companions (and maybe even enemies). It seems like it would be a great location for a Heroic BSOD moment after Amy and Rory leave, voluntarily or not.
Yess, that would be awesome. \:D/
Last edited by Aeva on Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Post by 31899 »

I think my favourite line was
Biting is excellent. It's like kissing only there's a winner
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Six and a half hour countdown before "The Rebel Flesh"! \:D/

Last edited by Termite on Sat May 21, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

"The Rebel Flesh" was amazing!

....I've probably said that about every episode so far, but I can't help it. They've all been fantastic! I'm really excited about the Doctor's Ganger; things should get really interesting in the second part with a second Doctor running around wreaking havoc. Speaking of which, I'm quite upset that we have to wait until June 4 for the second part. :(
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So what did you guys think of The Almost People? \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:(

Haven't seen it yet. Stupid BBC America. :x Stupid TDK FOR FINDING IT SOMEWHERE AND NOT TELLING TERMITE! :mecry:

Yes, I did call you 'tdk' on purpose- I can never say 'tkd'. Never. *shrugs*
Love you always, SnC
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Having just seen "The Almost People," there is only one thing I have to say....

WOW.

I never would have guessed what was going to happen at the end. Then the Doctor was all like, "Stand back, Rory, I have to do this," and I was like, "AMY'S FLESH!!! O.O" Seriously, that was crazy. I'm still digesting what just happend, haha.
Last edited by Aeva on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Is there any place to watch Doctor Who in the U.S.? In our downgrade of our television package last month, we lost BBCAmerica.

(Note: I can usually only access the Internet on my iTouch, so I can't download.)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Aww, I sawy Termite. :(

I...may or may not have a link to Season 6 if you pm me. O:)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.

Post by 31899 »

ODH found it, I think by a google search and we are watching it now.