Dr. Who Fall Season 6: "The Wedding of River Song"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
No way I broke the window

Dr. Who Fall Season 6: "The Wedding of River Song"

Post by 31899 »

THE SILENCE FELL!!!! I was right, it did return!

On another note, the Doctor still has to take River Song to the singing towers.

Does Amelia's child mutate into a Time Lord or is it a legitimate Time Lord Child?

Last edited by 31899 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Okay, first, this should just be the Doctor Who thread for season 6. No need for a new one each week, I don't think. ;)

NOW. I doubt The Doctor taking River Song to the Singing Towers is going to be this Doctor... cause she can't know anything about him, remember? I hope Steven Moffat wouldn't BAM make it so she doesn't know him in the second half of the season... That would kind of ruin the flow for their relationship in this season.

About The Silence coming back.... DUH. :- It kinda has been known for a while, if that's what you were talking about. ;)

IT'S JENNY'S DAUGHTER! \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Sun May 01, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I sat on the edge of my seat with an "O.O" expression on my face throughout the episode haha. But the biggest shock definitely was the little girl regenerating at the end. I never, ever would have guessed that she could regenerate.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Post by 31899 »

Termite wrote:NOW. I doubt The Doctor taking River Song to the Singing Towers is going to be this Doctor... cause she can't know anything about him, remember? I hope Steven Moffat wouldn't BAM make it so she doesn't know him in the second half of the season... That would kind of ruin the flow for their relationship in this season.

About The Silence coming back.... DUH. :- It kinda has been known for a while, if that's what you were talking about. ;)

But, She said the last time she saw him he took her to the singing towers.

No, the silence fell :yes:

What Time Lord would Jenny have had it with?

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Uuum, Jenny is part Time Lord and if regenerating is a dominant characteristic instead of recessive...
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

31899 wrote:
Termite wrote:NOW. I doubt The Doctor taking River Song to the Singing Towers is going to be this Doctor... cause she can't know anything about him, remember? I hope Steven Moffat wouldn't BAM make it so she doesn't know him in the second half of the season... That would kind of ruin the flow for their relationship in this season.

Wait, she said that to this Doctor? Eleven? O.o Or just The Doctor. Cause technically, the last time she sees The Doctor it's David Tennant. :- And as I said, she can't know anything about him when she meets him for the first time, which it's after that they get married probably and then he takes her to the tower. And as I also said, it would be pretty cheesy if that happened in this season... The next Doctor would be good, though. :yes:

Ah.

Who says it has to be a Time Lord as the father? Could just be her and some alien bloke...
Last edited by Termite on Sun May 01, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein

Post by 31899 »

Termite wrote:
31899 wrote:

Wait, she said that to this Doctor? Eleven? O.o Or just The Doctor. Cause technically, the last time she sees The Doctor it's David Tennant. :- And as I said, she can't know anything about him when she meets him for the first time, which it's after that they get married probably and then he takes her to the tower. And as I also said, it would be pretty cheesy if that happened in this season... The next Doctor would be good, though. :yes:

Ah.

Who says it has to be a Time Lord as the father? Could just be her and some alien bloke...
She said it to the Doctor right before she died. (though I think the Doctor will find a way to get her a body).

Remember what happened to Donna and the Doctors hand.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

...Yeah, I know. =P I just thought you meant she said something in "Day of the Moon"... That's why I was like, "O.o". =P
Love you always, SnC
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

wait--who's Jenny? (forgive me, I've only seen the last season and various mixed episodes from other seasons as of yet...i'm working on catching up all the way)
It weirded me out when the girl started regenerating there...cause isn't the Doctor supposed to be the last Time Lord (with implications that there will not be more)? And how ARE Time Lords born anyway? I never understood it fully...But anyway, I wonder how much the girl will be in future episodes. Is this a teaser side-plot that will manifest itself 10 episodes from now, or will it be a steady mystery that is revealed more and more weekly? What do you all think?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

You'll figure out who Jenny is in... season 4 of the reboot. \:D/

Well, The Doctor has said he was a father and grandfather before... so I assume it's mostly like humans. =P

She'll be popping in and out all season, I think... Kind of like 'The silence' comments last season, and Bad Wolf in season 1, reboot. :yes:
Love you always, SnC

Post by 31899 »

And "the bees are disappearing" and "the stars are going out" in reboot series four.

I came up with a few theories for the Time Lord child.
1) Amy's child was genetically altered by the TARDIS
2) River is a Time Lord
3) Jenny used one of those hand thingies
4) The Doctor is as last as he thought
5) Galifrey is returning once more/ the walls of the universe are collapsing

Edit: There is an episode coming up called "The Doctors Wife."

Last edited by 31899 on Tue May 03, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

And all of the Vote Saxon posters in Series 3.

Post by 31899 »

Actually, the little girl is Ethan Daniels because his father is the Doctor.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Wait, what? O.o
31899 wrote:1) Amy's child was genetically altered by the TARDIS
2) River is a Time Lord

1) Eh. Since they mentioned it in "Day of the Moon".... maybe. Seems kinda cheesy, though.
2) I hope not. :( That'd be even cheesier.
3) Wait, the telepathic recorders? O.o
4) ....what? O.o
5) Ugh, I hope not again. :(

I know. \:D/ I'm excited. Unless.... :shock: Maybe it's his wife from Gallifrey and that's his daughter!
Love you always, SnC
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Termite wrote:Wait, what? O.o
31899 wrote:1) Amy's child was genetically altered by the TARDIS
2) River is a Time Lord

1) Eh. Since they mentioned it in "Day of the Moon".... maybe. Seems kinda cheesy, though.
2) I hope not. :( That'd be even cheesier.
3) Wait, the telepathic recorders? O.o
4) ....what? O.o
5) Ugh, I hope not again. :(

I know. \:D/ I'm excited. Unless.... :shock: Maybe it's his wife from Gallifrey and that's his daughter!
1) Yeah, I don't think it is Amy's child.
2) What would be wrong with River being a Time Lord? I've wondered it for quite a while. But I don't know how that would relate to the little girl...
3) Don't know who Jenny is yet

Hmm...that's an interesting title. However, I'm concerned that the title is almost more of a teaser that makes it sound like it's gonna be an episode to answer tons of questions, when really it's just going to be another regular side-story episode. :?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)

Post by 31899 »

Number four, what I meant was that there were other Time Lords he just didn't know about. "The Doctor isn't as last as he thought." It would have helped if I included the negative.

If it is his wife from Gallifrey that would mean either the cracks in time were returning or the Gallifrey was returning.

Also: Season four, "the stars are going out." Season Five, "the stars went out."

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

So we can mentally combine numbers four and five?

Post by 31899 »

Well, they are combining 5 and 6. I was mistaken. The silence has yet to fall.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Sooo, what did you think of the third episode, "The Curse of the Black Spot"? \:D/ I thought it was fabulous.
Last edited by Aeva on Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Post by 31899 »

I think I liked the preview at the end more than I liked the rest of the episode.

I was sort of surprised because I thought Rory was actually going to stay dead, because it is Dr. Who and people die in Doctor Who.