POLL~~~Who is your LEAST favorite new character?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Who is your LEAST favorite new character(s)?

Olivia Parker
31%
Matthew Parker
No votes
Camilla Parker
4%
Emily Jones
35%
Barrett Jones
8%
Priscilla Peterson
12%
Jay Smouse
No votes
Red Hollard
10%

Total votes: 49

shadowdog
Still standing tall

POLL~~~Who is your LEAST favorite new character?

Post by shadowdog »

Who is your LEAST favorite new character?

Please discuss below

Choose up to 2 answers

Also vote for your FAVORITE character here
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Emily-because she's totally unrealistic
Olivia-because the writers made her too unappealing. I don't think her voice is bad, she just needs some character tweaks.
he/him | a little stinker.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Steve wrote:Emily-because she's totally unrealistic
Olivia-because the writers made her too unappealing. I don't think her voice is bad, she just needs some character tweaks.
Sorry to break it to you but Odyssey has been unrealistic for a while.

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

31899 wrote:

Sorry to break it to both of you, but ENTERTAINMENT is unrealistic.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ric wrote:
31899 wrote:
Sorry to break it to all of you, but reality is unrealistic. :( (depending on your expectations)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

bookworm wrote:
ric wrote:
31899 wrote:
Sorry to break it to all of you, but reality is unrealistic. :( (depending on your expectations)
Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong. Reality, by definition, is realistic. Sometimes we are unaware of reality and do not expect something to happen, but that does not make reality any less realistic.

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ah, you are absolutely right. Well done! \:D/
I was thinking of individual reality, or whatever you want to call it, but you're right it has no effect on actual reality. :yes:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

bookworm wrote:Ah, you are absolutely right. Well done! \:D/
I was thinking of individual reality, or whatever you want to call it, but you're right it has no effect on actual reality. :yes:
Thank you. \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

However, Odyssey GENERALLY mirrors reality in some form or another...and aside from the annoying little sister, she just doesn't fit. And, as i said...annoying. Shut up and stop making everything into a mystery, because no one really cares about your non-existent mystery that you don't even solve, because it resolves itself, just like it would have had you not been playing detective.
Oh...sorry...was talking to the non-existent Emily. :-# Not you guys. You guys are all great. Just not a fan of Emily. ](*,)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

This discussion of reality is kind of like Connie talking about "normal" in Pet Peeves.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Me either. I seems that Odyssey is geared to younger kid nowadays since they want to counter the kids of the kids that have been listening to the past twenty years.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I don't like Priscilla. She seems like a sweet girl, but she acts kind of...wimpy at times. I just don't like her personality. I like the rest of the characters (but Matthew has been in way too many episodes.)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Emily and Olivia. There are a couple things that I like about both characters, but for the most part, I find them both rather annoying.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Emily and Red. Emily is sooo irritating and Red is an unneeded silly character.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Emily and Priscilla to me. To copy Joanne's post she is VERY annoying. and Priscilla is just plain boring. she might be nice and all but she is too nice and too boring ( to repeat myself )
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Emily is definitely my least favorite character. I actually like Priscilla. It's fine with me if she's kind of wimpy. There are people like that in real life. She makes a good balance for the other characters. I like Olivia, but I think they just need to up her age a little bit and give her a teen role. Since she is played by an adult it makes more sense vocally and I think people would accept her better. If it's too big of an age gap between her and Matthew they can just explain a miscarriage between the two.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I don't like Olivia at all. Matthew is kinda iffy. But Olivia gets my pick as least favorite

:)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The Jones kids. >.> I would be perfectly happy if they just had the Jones randomly go to Africa on a mission trip, and strangely decide to stay there forever! \:D/ Hey, I should send that idea in. \:D/

Emily is sooooo hard to like, she's just an overall annoying kid you'd pray you wouldn't have to babysit. I'm pretty sure I would. ;) And Barret, he's got a weird voice and I don't think they gave him a good or likable personality.

I actually find Olivia fairly realistic, not totally, but more so than Emily. ;) Hey, why don't Emily and Olivia hang together, I mean, mathematically they would cancel each other out. \:D/ But then I sorta like Olivia. :(

31899 wrote:

Why do you say that? Not that I don't partially agree with you, but I'm curious why?

Oh, and whoever voted Matthew, now I'm sad. ;) I really do like Matthew, he may be these best 'new odyssey' kid.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

At first, I did not like Matthew at all (sorry to say)

But, he has grown on me and I'm beginning to like him.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I like all the characters :shame: