Little House on the Praire!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I watch it sometimes. I'm not sure of my favorite episodes though. One of my favorite characters is Laura..
Love is stronger than death.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

It's definitely a favorite around here! You can check out these older topics also to see thoughts:
http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?hig ... se&t=10764
http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?hig ... use&t=1199

Oh... and I haven't watched it since the 80s. :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I watch it. Although not as often as I used to because I own all nine seasons on DVD. :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Why do you think my name is Laura Ingalls? \:D/ I do like the TV show, but I think the books are a bit better - Michael Landon changed quite a lot of the story. And there are some themes that I don't like...but generally YES, I do love LHOP! :yes:

I own the 8th, 9th, and "10th" seasons on DVD, plus have watched all the other seasons that I've borrowed from our library. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I have always watched it with my family. my mom has all of the episodes tapes and on every friday we'd watch one. My favorite character is Albert. He was so cute.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

I watch it at times yes, because unlike other shows today its wholesome and has good morals.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Mrs. Sirius Black wrote: My favorite character is Albert. He was so cute.
Your telling me, honey!
Albert! :inlove:

RR
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Why do you think my name is Laura Ingalls? \:D/ I do like the TV show, but I think the books are a bit better - Michael Landon changed quite a lot of the story. And there are some themes that I don't like...but generally YES, I do love LHOP! :yes:
Same here...I don't watch it much, but I do really like it. And at least he left the basics the same :anxious: like...where they live and all. I actually got a chance to watch quite a bit in the last 2 weeks or so...like at least parts of 3 or 4...anyway, that excited me quite a bit :D

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Actually, where they live is one of the changes. They only lived in Walnut Grove for a short time...the period of years in "On the Banks of Plum Creek." (Maybe 2 years or so??) A lot of years that in the TV show they were in Walnut Grove were actually spent in De Smet, SD...that's where Laura met Almanzo, got married, and spent the first few years of their marriage. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Yeah and it wasn't like a short walk into town either. It was a long walk.
And Mary's blindness was totally wrong. Laura had to go work as a teacher (which she didn't want to do) to pay for Mary to go to the blind school.
Saved-by-Grace
Lurker

Post by Saved-by-Grace »

RioRenae wrote:
Mrs. Sirius Black wrote: My favorite character is Albert. He was so cute.
Your telling me, honey!
Albert! :inlove:

RR
LOL. I used to have a crush on Albert too. :D

*Big LHOP fan!*

Mmm... one of my favorite episodes was probably the one where Mr. Edwards adopted the kids.
Or an early one... the one in which Laura wanted to keep Jasper the racoon.

They were all pretty good. Michael Landon did really take some producer's liberties with the show, but gotta love him.
"Jimmy! Were you born without a brain, or did it fall out of your ear one day?!"
-Donna Barclay
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Amazingly, I've never seen this show, but I've always loved the books. I saw the movie-before-the-series (at least I think that's what it is :anxious: :anxious:), but aside from that all my LHOP has been in written form. From what you all are saying, though, I may have to check it out sometime.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

I could really never get into the books. I have read bits and pieces of them throughout my life, but everytime I try to read one i don't understand a lot of it. I love the tv series, though! I just finished watching the 9th season, and now all I have left is the "10th" season. I cannot wait to watch it! I love all the characters... particularly mr.edwards, laura, albert, willie, and pa, but all the others are wonderful! My favorite episodes are usually the two part sad ones, like Wild Boy, but I also loved the episode where Laura and ALbert pretend to be a sea monster to scare Mrs. Olseon out of the house! :D LHOP just makes me smile inside and out.
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

Lizpaw wrote:Amazingly, I've never seen this show, but I've always loved the books. I saw the movie-before-the-series (at least I think that's what it is :anxious: :anxious:), but aside from that all my LHOP has been in written form. From what you all are saying, though, I may have to check it out sometime.
Lizpaw, we will definitely have to watch it sometime!

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

haha, yeah I have watched probably every episode of LHOP up to season 7 because my older sister owns them. When we're bored during the summer we watch them. My favorite character is probably Willy. He's so funny. Then towards the end, he ends up being good friends with Albert and stuff. Yeah, I read the whole LHOP book series in 1st grade too. So go, LHOP. lol. (good thing my friends dont know about this one.)
I do what I do.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

*thread merged*

I ADORE that show. Its like my fav show.
My fav characters are Charles and Caroline. :D

(ps Mike and Karen are GREAT actors!)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Abigail wrote:I do!!! I ADORE that show. Its like my fav show.
My fav characters are Charles and Caroline. :D

(ps Mike and Karen are GREAT actors!)
Michael Landon is a VERY good actor! Have you ever seen "Highway to Heaven"? He plays an angel on it! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I grew up with Little House, both the books and TV series. I own the entire series on DVD. Just an FYI: Michael Landon died of cancer in 1991.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Laurie wrote:I grew up with Little House, both the books and TV series. I own the entire series on DVD. Just an FYI: Michael Landon died of cancer in 1991.
I know. I saw a dedication to him though. And his son (Michael Landon Jr.) now helps produce films I think. :anxious:
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I loved the books. The tv show was okay. I'm just one of those people that gets really annoyed when shows or movies don't follow the books.

Everyone should have a happy dance.