Little House on the Praire!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Little House on the Praire!

Post by Fei »

Does anyone here watch it besides LI? Me and my family are addicts to that wonderful oldie!
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

*raises hand* I do! :D Not every day, but sometimes! I like them, even if they aren't like the books.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I watch it on occasion. I have all of the seasons on DVD. My problem is I watched it when it ran on T.V. and have seen all of the episodes so many times that I am rather tired of LHOP. Since I own the episodes on DVD I have found that it is much easier and more fun to watch them on DVD, no commercials. :D
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I do. I don't watch them on television anymore, but I rent episodes from the library on VHS. I am currently waiting for an opportunity to watch "A matter of faith"... From the description on the back it sounds like it's going to be a big suspence.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

DO and JF 4 mayor and CoP wrote:*raises hand* I do! :D Not every day, but sometimes! I like them, even if they aren't like the books.
I tell my kids that the books are actually based on the TV show. O:)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

The best one is where Albert's girlfriend gets raped! Sorry... I liked it though! We have 7 seasons on DVD.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I watch it when I get the chance.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I can't say that it's ever one when I'm watching tv. I am very excited that my friend is having a baby girl soon and Auntie ajamj is buying her the books! \:D/

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I have all 9 seasons on DVD. I have watched for over 20 years. I dont like all the changes Michael Landon made. I wish he had stayed with the facts. But it was a good family show. on the most part.

I am writing on my web page and my next book a lot about Little House.
The above mentioned Sylvia was not family friendly in some ways, but was a good episode.
The also above mentioned episode A matter of Faith had Ma thinking of cutting her own leg off as it was hurt and she was reading the Bible.
Another episode had a blind school fire kill a lady and a baby.

But it was a good show.
If you watch certain episodes, some AIO actors show up. ( Walker Edminston, Parley Baer, Hal Smith.)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:I have all 9 seasons on DVD. I have watched for over 20 years. I dont like all the changes Michael Landon made. I wish he had stayed with the facts. But it was a good family show. on the most part.

I am writing on my web page and my next book a lot about Little House.
The above mentioned Sylvia was not family friendly in some ways, but was a good episode.
The also above mentioned episode A matter of Faith had Ma thinking of cutting her own leg off as it was hurt and she was reading the Bible.
Another episode had a blind school fire kill a lady and a baby.

But it was a good show.
If you watch certain episodes, some AIO actors show up. ( Walker Edminston, Parley Baer, Hal Smith.)
I think i read your reviews?
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Prob not mine yet. I am just working on them the last couple of days. But there is plenty out there, I have read them.

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/yachoo.htm ... useTv.html

(It is far from finished)
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

Darth Birdie wrote:The best one is where Albert's girlfriend gets raped! Sorry... I liked it though! We have 7 seasons on DVD.
oh my gosh!!! i have every season on DVD and that has to be my all time least favourite episode. oh, i could not stand that girl albert liked, oh yeah, sylvia. ohhhhh, i love little house, but i couldn't stand that sylvia!!!

#-o
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

For those of yall that have cable/TV Land and see Little House, this Thursday night is the episode Goodbye Mrs. Wilder. Guest Star Walker Edminston, who we all know as Tom Riley/Bart Rathbone.
See what he looks like in real life (Well in 1981.)

He is also on the episode right now on Hallmark from 1976, but his part is done.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've only seen a tiny sliver of LHoP...I believe it was the beginning of the TV show on video. However, I have read and reread the books, and love them
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Why do you think my name is Laura Ingalls? \:D/

Little House is GREAT! I love the books and the TV show, even though Michael Landon changed a lot of things. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

My mom tried to read the whole collection to me and my brothers. We got halfway through Farmer Boy when we just fizzled out. Personally I liked the stories to an extent, they were very educational and extremely moral in some parts. However, I think I found other books far more exciting and interesting so we read those instead.

I'm sure if I was a girl I probably would have finished the series ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Like me! I'm a girl, and I read all the books! (Including "Farmer Boy" - I liked that one too, STRYPER!) :neener:

I am entirely unfamiliar with the TV show, but I read the books several times and loved them! \:D/ Just seeing this thread makes me want to go read the books again, actually. :anxious:
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

REMINDER: Tom Riley show tonight. He is on RIGHT NOW and again at the end.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Catspaw wrote:Like me! I'm a girl, and I read all the books! (Including "Farmer Boy" - I liked that one too, STRYPER!) :neener:

I am entirely unfamiliar with the TV show, but I read the books several times and loved them! \:D/ Just seeing this thread makes me want to go read the books again, actually. :anxious:
EXACTLY how I feel! I wanted to read them this summer, before I came to college, but alas, I never got around to it :boohoo:

...and even though the romance between Laura and Alamanzo wasn't the main focus of the books, I still loved it! :inlove:
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

*thread merged*

Does anyone watch it? If so, what are your favorite episodes and characters?