first harry potter 5 stills released

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

OOH! I can't wait for number five!!! Rupert Grint is great......
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

yeah I like rupert grint a LOT

I like him soo much better than daniel radcliffe. He's too overrated.

-- 24 Nov 2006 02:23 am --

*merged thread "harry potter trailer"*

yes indeed its outtt
thoughts?

*disclaimer*: I realize some people don't agree with harry potter, and I'm not trying to debate it. I respect your views. This is just for harry potter fans. thanks!
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I'm assumming that you mean that it's out in theatre's but not out on the web yet, am I correct?

Lord Sesshoumaru
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have not seen the trailer yet. The last movie I went to see in the theaters was Cars and it was not shown then. I do want to see this movie though. :D
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

You almost had me for a second. But if anyone has it then MuggleNet would have it... and indeed they do :D

It was released on the web on Nov 20th ](*,)
http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/464

...too short if you ask me :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

STRYPER wrote:You almost had me for a second. But if anyone has it then MuggleNet would have it... and indeed they do :D

It was released on the web on Nov 20th ](*,)
http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/464

...too short if you ask me :(
I find it funny that muggle.net has it and the offical site dont.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I saw it along with a 4 min. clip that shows a lot more than the trailer. Including some scenes with Umbridge.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

it is out online: watch in high definition on yahoo! movies. its excellent
in theaters, it is playing before happy feet

and as mentioned, there is a 4 minute clip on google video that has the trailer along with the three actors talking about the film

enjoy!
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Wow thanks for telling me about the 4 min clip. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

I still don't understand how they are going to fit all that into a 2-3 hour movie but they've done a pretty good job before.

One thing that we are promised to see but I didn't see in the trailer is the scene in Dumbledore's office where he takes out all those aurors.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I'm not a fan persay, but I noticed in this trailer there is finally going to be romance! That's the only reason I'd ever watch. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

It will probably be the most romantic of the movies. If you're looking for the whole highschool dumping and grudges and stealing peoples bf/gf thing, that's in the next movie ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

STRYPER wrote:It will probably be the most romantic of the movies. If you're looking for the whole highschool dumping and grudges and stealing peoples bf/gf thing, that's in the next movie ;)
If I remember right the girl playing as Cho chung might get a little bigger part in it. or am I thinking of a different one where they have the V-day special.
oy the pain of an ageing mind

Lord Sesshoumaru
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

No the V-Day thing was in 5 I think, remember that had to do with Harry telling Rita Skeeter his story and everything.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

STRYPER wrote:No the V-Day thing was in 5 I think, remember that had to do with Harry telling Rita Skeeter his story and everything.
and this movie is number 5. :-)

Lord Sesshoumaru
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

the harry potter trailer looked very promising. i just finished the sixth book after a year of my wife saying "you need to read it, you need to read it".

by the way, does anyone know when the last book of the series is going to be released?

:-
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

no, but there are signs that a 7/7/07 release is possible. There was a news story that barnes and Nobles have recieved the posters for book seven even though a title hasn't been released.
Barnes & Noble has started to receive signs for the seventh Harry Potter book. While the posters are vague, indicating that fans who pre-order the book will receive a 40 percent discount, it does give one hope that news about a real release date or title may be forthcoming soon.
This was posted on the 16th
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Jasper Dale wrote:by the way, does anyone know when the last book of the series is going to be released?

Basically within a couple weeks of the #5 movie. Retailers are going crazy with the thought of a totally insane Potter merchandise month. July of 2007 will be owned by J.K. Rowling.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Bumble wrote:
Jasper Dale wrote:by the way, does anyone know when the last book of the series is going to be released?

Basically within a couple weeks of the #5 movie. Retailers are going crazy with the thought of a totally insane Potter merchandise month. July of 2007 will be owned by J.K. Rowling.
I honestly think that allthough the idea of 7/7/07 is a neat possibility it is also unlikely. I mean if I was JK (and I'm not) I'd release it sometime after the 5th movie came out so that way I would end up makeing a bit more money. You see, in my opinion If the book is set upon the public about the same time as the 5th movie their will be fans trying to decide which to go to.

Thats just my two cents

Another possibilty has been stated that the book might be out on Harry's birthday.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Actually I think WB is taking the gamble. People care more about the last book in the series than they will about the movie, but I read this article on Mugglenet and found it somewhat interesting.
July 13? Where did that come from? Looking at the evidence, why would Warner Bros. release another Harry Potter movie in the summer when all evidence points to the fact that they will earn approximately $100 million less than if they released the film during the holiday season like usual? And why July 13? The two dates that Warner Bros. was focusing on were June 1 and November 16 (the respective summer and winter weekends Harry Potter films are traditionally released on). Does anyone else think it is not just a little coincidental that July 13 is the first weekend after July 7 (the speculated Book 7 release date)?

Ask yourself, when is Pottermania most evident?

Well, Pottermania always peaks when a new book is released. Warner Bros., which I should remind you is a corporation that wants to make money, would probably love to ride the wave of hype following a book release. Scheduling the movie release 6 days after the release of the final book in the series would mean getting audiences in theatres during the absolute peak of Pottermania. Harry Potter will never be as big as it will be when the final book is released. Any businessman would want to capitalize on that hype and milk it for every single penny it is worth. Since releasing the movie in summer would make no sense unless Warner Bros. had a very good reason, it would appear that Jo herself is at least thinking that a summer 2007 release is still likely.

We all know that Jo will never confirm a release date until she is absolutely satisfied with the final draft of Book 7. But, during the release of Half-Blood Prince in summer 2005, she mentioned that she thought the book could be released in about two years. She has also commented on how 2006 will be the year she writes the last Harry Potter book.

But we all know this could change. She’s never said with 100% certainty that the book would be out in 2007. However, she may have confided with either her publishers and/or Warner Bros. that she is quite hopeful that the book would be ready in time for a summer 2007 release date. Her publishers, naturally, would then target a July 7 release for obvious reasons and Warner Bros. would target a July 13 film release. In doing so, Jo does not have to commit to a release date, but the businesses profiting from her genius story can set up their plans for the best case scenario releases based on what Jo has said to them.

Obviously, I can’t prove Jo has ever spoken to Warner Bros. or Bloomsbury, but this is the only explanation I can come up with for releasing the fifth Harry Potter movie on July 13. Especially seeing how close July 13 is to July 7. If I were a businessman, it would be a dream to capitalize on the “Book 7: 07/07/07” marketing strategy and then releasing a film at the height of Pottermania.
Excerpt from "What movie 5 means for book 7"
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Bumble wrote:It will probably be the most romantic of the movies. If you're looking for the whole highschool dumping and grudges and stealing peoples bf/gf thing, that's in the next movie ;)
My housemate tells me that Harry is kissing CHO in the preview. I thought it would be Ginnie. [*hasn't read the book*]
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz