first harry potter 5 stills released

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

first harry potter 5 stills released

Post by suzanne291 »

Harry Potter fans everywhere get a glimpse of the first pictures of the fifth film to grace the Internet.

Full article and both photos here: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/st ... 57,00.html

What do you think?
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

First pics to grace the internet? Not exactly... ;)

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/thumbn ... album=1934
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

forgive me - I guess I meant officially published outside of an HP fan site

I should have known mugglenet would have some
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

No problem ;)

I've been on a sort of Harry Potter fast until next Summer anyway...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Talking about Harry POtter? It's a Christian forum and you're talking about witchcraft and demonic things! UNbelievable! :noway: :shame:
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I love Umbridge she is so delightfully awful. I was soo happy that Imelda Stauton got cast as her. She is perfect for the part.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

Yeah I hated Umbridge so much until like the third time I read it
She's just really interesting and, like you said, delightfully EVIL
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Talking about Harry POtter? It's a Christian forum and you're talking about witchcraft and demonic things! UNbelievable! :noway: :shame:
Hakaber, we've had this discussion umpteen times here. There are some that believe it is wrong to be interested in Harry Potter and others that believe it is not.

If you wish to start a debate, you may when the Town Hall re-opens. However, for now, I would ask that you not make derogatory comments in this thread please.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

It's great that there's finally a batch of high-res shots.
I'm a little dissapointed in Umbridge. They've got the whole "pink" thing going, which is perfect, but I don't think they made her look ugly enough. I suppose they made a descision that either she was going to look like a toad or not and decided against it. Too bad. I guess she didn't want to wear a fat suit and have a pound of prothetic stuff around her eyes (kinda like how they decided to not have Fleur be part veela, just a fairly good-looking girl). Actually, I've seen non HP pictures where Stauten looks more toadish. Oh well, I have a feeling Staunton's still going to give a terifficly evil performance (I've seen her in very little else, though so who knows.) Besides, the picture in ones head is ussualy always "better" anyway, and I'll always have it when I read the book. The rest of the pics looks good though.
The teaser-trailer comes out in November, but I have a feeling that these shots are mostly all still from it so there probably won't be too much more to see when it does.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed with Umbridge as well. She does look a little too pretty for the role.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

STRYPER wrote:
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Talking about Harry POtter? It's a Christian forum and you're talking about witchcraft and demonic things! UNbelievable! :noway: :shame:
Hakaber, we've had this discussion umpteen times here. There are some that believe it is wrong to be interested in Harry Potter and others that believe it is not.

If you wish to start a debate, you may when the Town Hall re-opens. However, for now, I would ask that you not make derogatory comments in this thread please.
Well, the best thing to do if some people think HP is allright and some don't, then you shouldn't discuss it on this message board. Some people are offended, and this is an AIO forum. I am not meaning to sound mean. Regardless of the fact that I don't like HP myself, I believe that if some people are offended, you shouldn't talk about it.

I love Lord of the Rings, but if some people are offended by the wizards in it, then I would decide not to talk about it. After all, this forum is for Adventures in Odyssey.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I agree, which is why I encourage her, and all who disagree with HP or Lost or anything discussed, to start their own thread for debate purposes. Unfortunately, with the Town Hall debate forum closed at the moment, there is no place currently to launch a debate.

However, my main concern is that a debate is not started here in Harlequin.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

THOU VILE WITCHMONGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

But yeah... I don't really care if people read/watch these things... but then, we aren't here to debate it...

I've not read any of the books or seen any of the movies... am I missing out? :anxious:

I'm just not much a fantasy person so I can't imagine liking them...
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I'm really not a huge fantasy person either... but JK Rowling is really a skilled writer. The details in her books make them worth reading.

The movies.. ehhh not so much.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Top, the only thing you're missing is some really clever fantasy writing. It's geared towards kids (most of the book is about a day in the life of a boarding school student) but there's a lot of really cool things the "magical community," as it's called, brings to the stories.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Such as eating babies. :noway:
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

...such as making your suitcase float in front of you so you don't have to carry it :roll:

You're thinking too seriously; this isn't wicca, it's fantasy ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Ferder wrote:It's great that there's finally a batch of high-res shots.
I'm a little dissapointed in Umbridge. They've got the whole "pink" thing going, which is perfect, but I don't think they made her look ugly enough. I suppose they made a descision that either she was going to look like a toad or not and decided against it. Too bad. I guess she didn't want to wear a fat suit and have a pound of prothetic stuff around her eyes (kinda like how they decided to not have Fleur be part veela, just a fairly good-looking girl). Actually, I've seen non HP pictures where Stauten looks more toadish. Oh well, I have a feeling Staunton's still going to give a terifficly evil performance (I've seen her in very little else, though so who knows.) Besides, the picture in ones head is ussualy always "better" anyway, and I'll always have it when I read the book. The rest of the pics looks good though.
The teaser-trailer comes out in November, but I have a feeling that these shots are mostly all still from it so there probably won't be too much more to see when it does.
The one thing about Stauton that will make the part perfect is that she has utilizes the higher register of her voice very well. And that's how I picture Umbridge. Annoyingly girly who is prim and proper in every way with a higher pitched voice, but really is just evil.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

...which is the most important part of Umbridge anyway.

Good point
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

The Dorky Crusader wrote:THOU VILE WITCHMONGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

But yeah... I don't really care if people read/watch these things... but then, we aren't here to debate it...

I've not read any of the books or seen any of the movies... am I missing out? :anxious:

I'm just not much a fantasy person so I can't imagine liking them...
we find them to be most entertaining. they don't really "read" as evil books or anything. the magic in them is pretty much wizard of oz magic, in my opinion.