Your Favourite Odyssey Lines

Tell everyone your favourite characters lines

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

One of my favorite sayings is
Edwin:Where are the teacups? There they are!
(CRASH! BOOM!)
Edwin:There they were!

or something like that..... :-k
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

this is kinda stupid, but now that my sister-in-law put in my birthday card "I realize that you're older than 'real old' so I don't know what that makes you...." I'm going to claim the following:

"I want to be real old, like...22" from "Why Don't You Grow Up?"

(we decided that we are older than dirt..."
AREM350
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AREM350 »

"except jake is an atheist" -nick mulligan
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

"The name is Bond, James Bond." --Jason Whittaker, "A Name not a Number" Awesome episode! I can quote a lot of it. :)
library geek
Lurker

Post by library geek »

"Mind if I give you a piece of advice?...When you're doin' somethin' like this, make sure you...LOCK THE DOOR!" - Richard Maxwell

"I'm terribly sorry, sir. I nearly hit a chicken!" - Shakespeare

"Digger-Digger-Digwillow..." - I forgot (I know it happened in the Imagination Station...sorry, I've just started listening again after about 6 years...unforgivable, I know)

"Get Jumbo-Fork, and get it ALL in your mouth!" - commercial announcer (I think it was in the episode "Top This")

There are quite a lot of others, but unfortunately I can't remember them verbatim.
"In life there are only two pursuits, love and power, and no man can have both." - Terry Scott Taylor
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

library geek wrote: "Digger-Digger-Digwillow..." - I forgot (I know it happened in the Imagination Station...sorry, I've just started listening again after about 6 years...unforgivable, I know)
I think the problem is that this is in the episode entitled "The Imagination Station," if I recall correctly. It's too obvious to seem possible.

"If the Bible Bowl were a man, I'd marry him!" Such a great Mandy quote! :lol: I've used that one more than once, replacing "Bible Bowl" with whatever seems relevant to the situation.

I love the little dialogue between Monty and Jenny in "Monty's Christmas."

Jenny: "Mean what you say and say what you mean - that's my motto."

Monty: "Go stick your head in the snow - that's my motto!"

I had a friend from college who also liked AIO, and I used that line on her once. It's so wonderful to have people around where you can say something like that to them and they laugh and start talking about the episode, instead of being insulted forever. ;)
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Catspaw wrote: I love the little dialogue between Monty and Jenny in "Monty's Christmas."

Jenny: "Mean what you say and say what you mean - that's my motto."

Monty: "Go stick your head in the snow - that's my motto!"
I used that quote w/ my lil bro b4. He got mad but then i told him its a quote from AIo and he was like w/e...

Lea
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Crock - You do know what this means?

Captain - What?

Crock - They KNOW we're here...

From Star Trip part of Hidden in My Heart
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

In Heatwave-Jack and Osker - Jack "walk quietly" *crunck* *crunch* Jack "i said quietly" *silence* Jack "how'd you do that?" osker "soundeffects"
I love that line.
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

Bernard: "You're about as much fun as a root canal, Eugene." (I forget what episode, but I think it's during their California trip)

Whit [to Sarah Pratchett]: "Chop the wood without them... and make sure the axe is real sharp too!" (I Slap Floor)

Bennet Charles [about Connie mopping the ceiling to block a hidden camera]: "They're wierd people and I don't care!" (I forget what episode, but one of the later Novacom ones)

And I have alot more I can't think of now.
- Sean
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's a great Bennett Charles line! :lol: I think it might be in "Exit," but I'm not sure. I've said that one in real life where it seemed appropriate. :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:I've said that one in real life where it seemed appropriate. :anxious:
*points to her sig*
I'm amazed at how often we like to quote the same lines! :D
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

it is so interesting to read everyone's replies. it would be great to bump into another Odyssey fan on the street and swap Odyssey lines over lunch.

i think we are all a bit too in love with Odyssey, huh?

:boohoo:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nigel wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I've said that one in real life where it seemed appropriate. :anxious:
*points to her sig*
I'm amazed at how often we like to quote the same lines! :D
It might just be a sign that we're both mean enough to find that line funny and applicable to everyday life. ;)
Jasper Dale wrote:it is so interesting to read everyone's replies. it would be great to bump into another Odyssey fan on the street and swap Odyssey lines over lunch.

i think we are all a bit too in love with Odyssey, huh?

:boohoo:
There's so such thing as being too in love with Odyssey! :noway:

It would be cool to have a conversation only using AIO lines! I should try that with my brother and sister some time - having a real conversation, but only being able to use an assortment of AIO quotes. What a fun idea! \:D/
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

"Being clean isn't something I do very well"- Sam in Issac the Pure AIO #13

"Did the bones beat you up?" "No the Vienna Boy's Choir"-Sam and Butch in AIO #25

"He tore my shirt"-Mike in AIO #3

Those are just a couple of my many favorites!
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith