NEW Complete Guide

What should be in it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Rachael wrote:
Kris Doyle wrote::All things definitely includes Dr. Blackgaard! :D (Boy, would he be mad if he knew we were saying this!)
He's really not as anti-God as you guys (and Blackgaard's Revenge) make him out to be. None of the other AIO eps gave any indication that he hated God, just that he wasn't really interested and felt that it was too late for him to believe. He lets Rachael go to church whenever she wants to (actually I think it amuses him that his little Jewish wife enjoys going to church), and I think I might even make him pray after the stairs collapse and Rachael gets hurt and loses the baby.

So he probably wouldn't object to having led Eugene to the Lord. :-D
Uhm actually Rachael..didn't he tll Jack that he sold his soul long ago? Wouldn't that mean he is anti God? :anxious:
Yeah, it would. :( After getting confused by what Rachael was saying in another post, I think I figured it out. Have you ever read a book (or listened to an AIO show for that matter) and didn't like the ending? So you imagined to yourself how it really happened. Rachael doesn't imagine that Dr. Blackgaard is dead (even though AIO says he is) and she's created her own story around him. I haven't read her stuff but it sounds like she's a very creative writer. O:)
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:^ Ebay. \:D/

They should finally have a picture of Wooton. (As far as I know they don't, except for his mailbox costum.)

-Cowboy
I don't have a credit card
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Rachael wrote:
Kris Doyle wrote::All things definitely includes Dr. Blackgaard! :D (Boy, would he be mad if he knew we were saying this!)
He's really not as anti-God as you guys (and Blackgaard's Revenge) make him out to be. None of the other AIO eps gave any indication that he hated God, just that he wasn't really interested and felt that it was too late for him to believe. He lets Rachael go to church whenever she wants to (actually I think it amuses him that his little Jewish wife enjoys going to church), and I think I might even make him pray after the stairs collapse and Rachael gets hurt and loses the baby.

So he probably wouldn't object to having led Eugene to the Lord. :-D
Uhm actually Rachael..didn't he tll Jack that he sold his soul long ago? Wouldn't that mean he is anti God? :anxious:
How does selling your soul make you anti-God? All he meant by that was that he thought he had done too many bad things too many times to be saved. He's more agnostic than anything else.

And I've actually been working very hard the past three years to come up with a plausible explanation for how Dr. Blackgaard survived the explosion, and I think I've finally done it: The explosion knocked him through an adjoining tunnel, where he was rescued and given the antidote to the Ruku virus and allowed to recover in a tunnel just below the Harlequin Theatre. I think there must be dozens of tunnels all over Odyssey.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Dr. Blackgaard got blown into another tunnel? Doesn't seem like those odds would be very good. If Jack was blown out into the woods and Regis was blown the other way as Jack says, then maybe he ended up in the Whit's End basement and (despite being injured by the bomb) managed to get out of the building before the firemen got in to investigate the damage.
(I love the way we've stayed on topic in this thread.)

But to change the subject, I think it would be cool to have an annual guide that gave episode info and a few extra tidbits, then every ten years base each edition of The Complete Guide on the annual ones (but with a whole bunch of extra information including character listings).
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Dr. Blackgaard got blown into another tunnel? Doesn't seem like those odds would be very good. If Jack was blown out into the woods and Regis was blown the other way as Jack says, then maybe he ended up in the Whit's End basement and (despite being injured by the bomb) managed to get out of the building before the firemen got in to investigate the damage.
(I love the way we've stayed on topic in this thread.)
There was a curve in the tunnel. :-P Technically, he wasn't blown into the other tunnel; the explosion knocked a few rocks loose, and the rogue fireman that went down there to save him discovered it and carried him through it. Turns out it led to the Harlequin Theatre.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Well this topic is no longer flagged on the main page so I don't know if Nathan is still paying attention, but assuming you are here are a couple more ideas.

1) Testimonies from the main actors of Christ in their lives.

2) Trivia questions

3) (as mentioned by email) An explicit timeline detailing various accounts from AIO...even past and future events.
e.g. of past, "Recollections", "The Triangle", and anything that flashes back.
e.g. of future: "The Present Long Ago"
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I say a mini RT guide should be included!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

blipadouzi wrote:Well this topic is no longer flagged on the main page so I don't know if Nathan is still paying attention, but assuming you are here are a couple more ideas.
Nathan will still be paying attention to this thread... so ideas are still encouraged to come pouring in!
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Many people have requested that unreleased episode be included into a DVD-ROM. What with the AIOHQ, Nathan should know which ones are not included in a CD Album, but to make an official request & update the list I thought I'd post them here.

So this is my list of episodes that I'd like to see included in the upcoming DVD-ROM accompaniment. If I may make a suggestion. If they are not included in this project, then maybe a few "prequel" Albums be released to get them out there.

It should also be noted that some of these may be included in the yet to be release GOLD series Albums.

003 Lights Out At Whit's End
007 Promises, Promises
008 Dental Dilemma
011 Addictions Can Be Habit-Forming
013 Bobby's Valentine
014 Missed It By That Much
015 My Brother's Keeper
016 No Stupid Questions
021 The Case of the Missing Train Car
022 A Simple Addition
023 The Quality of Mercy
024 Gotcha!
025 Harley Takes the Case, Part 1
026 Harley Takes the Case, Part 2
030 Honor Thy Parents
044 It Sure Seemed Like It To Me
045 What Are We Going to Do About Halloween?
055 Auld Lang Syne
070 The Return of Harley, Part 1
071 The Return of Harley, Part 2
085 You Go to School Where?
116 Isaac the Benevolent
117 The Trouble with Girls
134 Pamela Has a Problem
142 Train Rides
161 Isaac the True Friend
163 A Model Child
215 Caroling, Caroling
370 Christmas Around the World, Part 1
371 Christmas Around the World, Part 2
434 BTV: Redeeming the Season
435 A Look Back, Part 1
436 A Look Back, Part 2
438b The Telltale Cat
439 BTV: Grace
442b Sticks and Stones
444a Career Moves
500 500
Everything after this has been included in an Album up til 572 Odyssey Sings!

ADDITIONS:

If there will be a character description section, I love to see birthdate or ages. I mean like how old is Connie now, and Wooton and Aubrey...
Last edited by Blipadouzi on Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I think an annual guide is a great idea. I'd love to have a cd or 2 with the "History of AIO" on it, kind of like "The History of Gunsmoke" (an audio documentary of the radio show). Also, PLEASE don't do a DVD-ROM. I don't have a DVD player in my computer :mecry: . Just make a regular dvd. I would LOVE to see a 2-hour doc. dvd with interviews with all cast members both past and present. I'd like to see footage of actual taping sessions. If we don't get a dvd, I'll have to do one myself someday!
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

You know...I think WindowWasher has some good ideas...but they would be outstanding if we combined them all.....let me explain.

How about if the addition was a CD-ROM rather than a DVD-ROM...that way more people can use it. However, many updates, upgrades and new releases can be issued via Internet download.

This way the CD is only 700Mb...but all the other stuff that comes out over the years can be D/Led at will, but only through the software included on the CD.

Many software packages already do that...MS-Encarta is one of the best examples.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I would really like it if they had character profiles on some of the people that we don't know much about like Mitch, Wooton, and Ed Washington. I think that it should just be a contunination from the first volume and not a recap of all the episodes cause then that would be a huge guide
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

blipadouzi wrote:How about if the addition was a CD-ROM rather than a DVD-ROM...that way more people can use it. However, many updates, upgrades and new releases can be issued via Internet download.

This way the CD is only 700Mb...but all the other stuff that comes out over the years can be D/Led at will, but only through the software included on the CD.
Remember, this is to be released in Fall 2007. CD's are already on their way to becoming extinct. I don't think there will be many compatability issues with DVD's by the time this thing is released...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I'd love to see a section about the history and secrets of Whit's End...like the tunnel in the basement, the secret room in the attic with the telescope in it.

Maybe a blueprint map of the building.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

blipadouzi wrote:I'd love to see a section about the history and secrets of Whit's End...like the tunnel in the basement, the secret room in the attic with the telescope in it.

Maybe a blueprint map of the building.
I think that's a great idea! And I think it'd be cool to read about Whit's End Connelsville, the Timothy Center, and other places that we don't hear about as often as we hear about Whit's End Odyssey. It would be cool to have several pages of interviews with the main actors, instead of having just a paragraph or two from each as the first guide has. I'd like to learn about the writers and producers as well!
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I just thought of something else I'd like. I imagine that sometimes scenes that have been written end up having to be cut because they would make the episode run too long. And sometimes these are probably pretty cool scenes. If any of them were produced, they could go on the CD-ROM. If not, the scripts for a few of them could be included in the book. Or there could even just be a page of good lines that had to be cut for time.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

DVD: Video of recording sessions and video of some of the live shows that were done in the past.

Maybe a picture gallery of all of the available Odyssey authorized (official) art out there.

Definately the unreleased episodes! And I do like the idea of a password that would allow a person to log in to a special site to be able to access additional content.

Perhaps this could be available with the deluxe version of the new complete guide and give access to online downloadable mp3 versions of the unreleased episodes including the Family Portraits EPs and the Officer Harley EPs.

Though if the disc is a DVD-ROM, all of that material would fit easily as MP3 bonus content.

Another possibility with the password would be some sort of opportunity for fans to log on to a website at a certain time (whitsend.org) and perhaps be able to listen to a live recording session in real time.

Also how about an opportunity to do a live chat with key actors for those w/the special password?

Just a few ideas.

-jolly
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

jollyholiday wrote:Another possibility with the password would be some sort of opportunity for fans to log on to a website at a certain time (whitsend.org) and perhaps be able to listen to a live recording session in real time.

Also how about an opportunity to do a live chat with key actors for those w/the special password?
If nothing else...the Wonderworld section at whitsend.org needs to be exploited to its full potential. Not to mention be reopened... :D
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

After reading all the posts here I think it is safe to say that we want it all! Everything conceivable that pertains to AIO. I know that my Complete Guide is dog-eared and leaves me wanting more, more, more!
On second thought, if everything is included, it could become very expensive. Hmmm... No, forget that! I say include everything possible!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

jasodia wrote:i think you should put pics of all the actors with pics of the people they play. well, not ALL the actors, because that would be too many, but at least the employees of whit's end, the ones who go there most often, etc.
i think pictures of most actors would be cool, too. basically anyone that has a big part that people would know who were. i think it also be really cool if they included maybe 3 picture of each actor, one with them as a little kid, somewhere in there teens and now. that's just a thought though and it would take up a bunch of space but it would be REALLY cool! i think we have the old one and it's good but we do need an update on Odyssey!

(if someone already said this, sorry, but i didn't feel like reading six pages! :D )

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...