Last Chance Detectives

How do you like the shows?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Chandler

Last Chance Detectives

Post by Chandler »

This is mainly supposed to be about the radio shows but you can talk about the videos and book if you really want to.

How many of you have heard the shows? I listened to them eagerly when they came out and I wasn't disappointed. =P~
Did you like them?
Did they sound like AIO?
^
Was [insert your answer to the above] a positive?
Would you like to hear more shows?

Talk about it here! :D
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I liked the movies when I was littler. The one with the gorrilla scared me. :anxious:
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I have a whole slew of reviews in my archive at FBI. And yes...I really did like the videos...I only saw two of the three. I thought that the acting was really quite good for a "christian" movie. (And I thought that the guy who played Mike was really cute.)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have the DVDs but I have not watched them.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I reall enjoyed the movies when they came out, particulary the Fire Lake one. The Bigfoot one scared me, too. :anxious: As for the radio episodes, I enjoyed them all, especially how they integrated Jason's character into the series. We also heard from Jess Harnell, which was cool. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I loved the movies when I was younger, and I still watch them sometimes. I wish that they had made more! I don't remember being scared by the gorilla, but my sister was quite frightened by Escape From Fire Lake. I do remember thinking that Mike was cute, :inlove: so apparently Frank and I have something in common!

I enjoyed all three of the radio dramas, and have them all on CD. I actually thought that the first one, The Day Ambrosia Stood Still, was the weakest, despite Jason's presence. The other two had better stories, I thought. I have a confession to make. :-$ I actually cried during parts of The Last Flight of the Dragon Lady. :anxious: I was so sad during parts of it, and then rejoicing during other parts! I was also thrilled that they got Sherry Hursey back toplay Mike's mom, and Steve Canaly for Sherriff Smitty.

An Odd Catspaw Theory: Why couldn't Agent Borland from AIO have been the FBI agent in Dragon Lady? Because Sherry Hursey, the voice of Mike's mom, used to be on Home Improvement, and on the show her character, Eileen, almost married Al Borland. That would be a litle too complicated for the audience if the FBI agent and Mike's mom started rekindling their relationship while he was missing! ;) Yes, I know it's weird, and it's definitely a weird and totally made-up explantion for something that probably didn't even cross anybody else's mind, but I can be like that sometimes. Once again, I'm truly sorry. :-#
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I can't believe how expensive the radio shows are. It's like $15 for three episodes. It's really annoying (Don't quote me on the amounts I don't think I'm right.)
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most of the FotF's radio stuff isn't too cheap unless you pick it up at places like CBD.com. You can purchase all three mysteries (12 episodes total) there for a combined price of $34 US, which is pretty good considering you'd be paying $45 for the three mysteries if purchased at Family.org.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Really? I'll have to check that combined price out. (But really, we get 12 ep's of AIO for $22, why pay $34 for the same amount of LCD? It makes no sense to me.)
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

We simply recorded the episodes off Oneplace. :anxious: That's good enough for me. :)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I loved the LCD eps. When I was younger, I thought the movies were great. Given what I know now, they are horrible amateurish, but still enjoyable, especially considering budget, and the fact that Focus had never done anything of the sort before.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

How many of you have heard the shows? I have
Did you like them? they were quite good
Did they sound like AIO? no. not really
^
Was [insert your answer to the above] a positive? ??
Would you like to hear more shows? maybe
Priscilla

<><
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

We have all the video's I believe. I listened to a few of the Last Chance Detectives last summer but, didn't get into them. I'm not a huge fan of them but, I might listen this summer so that I can enter the contest! :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I have all of the DVDs, as well as all of the tapes. I love the LCDs! They are very good.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I didn't like The Day Ambrosia Stood Still very much. It wasn't very good. I liked 2 and 3 though alot.
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

I remember those movies! I had a thing for Winnie :oops:

And all of them gave me nightmares. But that happened a lot.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I have seen all three videos and also own the three audio adventures. The videos are okay (Escape From Fire Lake started good but then went downhill), but the audio shows were fantastic! I personally liked the first two best, but the third one was pretty good too. They are quite a lot like AIO, but seem to incorporate a bit more excitement. Oh, and I never had a crush on any of the characters in LCD.

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:I have a whole slew of reviews in my archive at FBI. And yes...I really did like the videos...I only saw two of the three. I thought that the acting was really quite good for a "christian" movie. (And I thought that the guy who played Mike was really cute.)
I was actually thinking about your site when I posted this thread. :)

For those interested in reading Frank's wonderful insight, click here.
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

I totally LOVED the videos growing up! A couple years ago, my dad mentioned that they were only 45 minutes long, and I didn't believe him. I really thought they were full-length. But then I went back and watched them, and sure enough. Wow, they're well-packaged!
And yes, I was WILD about Mike (and still kind of am...I can't remember the actor's first name, but I still remember his last name is Calhoun)!

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
Skid
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Skid »

I likes all of the Radio episodes, though I've never seen the videos. The Last Flight of the Dragon Lady seems to go a little to far into the science fiction area, but since I can't really compare it to anything else that is just personal opinion.