Why Me needs to be stoned

...or at least forced to get a new username.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Why Me needs to be stoned

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Has anyone else noted how often people are having to clarify what they mean when they refer to themselves as 'me'? They have to say, 'Myself, not Me the user' or something similar. A perfect example: I think Me the user needs to be stoned, not that I myself need that.

That's why I think we ought to petition to have Me's name changed. There are plenty of good, un-reflexive pronoun inducing usernames out there. For instance:

Ne

Mee

Meep

Beep

Sheep

Baa

Laa

Tea

Mee

See?

I'm only half kidding here, people. Who else will sign my petition?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Lets name his Pee!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Shoo! Go away, Top! You're going to make the mods move this to Hillingdale... ;-)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:Lets name his Pee!
I'd rather not, thank you very much. :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't think so, Top. ;)

Rachael, if Me changed his name, the joke potential on this board would be cut in half, if not even more so! :( Life would not be the same for me. (Me as in Catspaw, not the user Me). ;) (See?! That's was fun! We need to keep Me just the way he is!)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Nope, nope, nope. It makes things too confusing.

Lee

Chee

Whee

Key

Cree

Referee

Bee

Tsunami

Canolli
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

How about "Tee Hee"!?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Flea...
Pee is a good one though...
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

*keeps laughing harder and harder with each post int his thread*

In all absolutely-non seriousness......OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

:anxious: Oh, wait.......that wasn't an option...... :anxious:

*attempts to go over the names again without falling out of her chair laughing this time* ----- *didn't make it*

I like

Chee
Key
Referee
Flea

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

- NatetheGreat

BTW, :lol: You guys crack me up! :lol:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Rachael wrote:Has anyone else noted how often people are having to clarify what they mean when they refer to themselves as 'me'? They have to say, 'Myself, not Me the user' or something similar.
Usually that's done as a joke; if it's not capitalized I think it's obvious the person isn't refering to Me.

But I'm all for adding another e on his name; that way his posts can be looked up.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

The whole "Me, not the user" thing does get a bit annoying.

However, I highly doubt that he'll change his name. O:)

Someone should stone NateTheGreat for using the sentence of "You guys crack me up" too many times! :x
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

*quits smriking*

In all seriousness (really this time), I'm in favor of a name change because it has been confusing when people will IM myself saying "Me posted in the _____ thread" and I assume they're just talking in third person, so I hunt for their posts and don't find it.......

*goes back to laughing so hard at this thread that she falls out of her chair* (Seriousness doesn't last long with me.....as in gimp80995)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Continental Admiral wrote:Someone should stone NateTheGreat for using the sentence of "You guys crack me up" too many times! :x
:mad:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's very simple to tell the difference.

Me < capitalized is a proper name. That would obviously refer to the user Me.

me < lower case, used to refer to the person who is doing the writing.

Unless we have a huge problem with one word posts where the only word is "me". I don't see the problem.

Stoning is fun though. So if we do that, I'm in.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:It's very simple to tell the difference.

Unless we have a huge problem with one word posts where the only word is "me". I don't see the problem.

However in IM convos when someone starts the sentance with "Me", it's hard to tell if they're talking in third person, and capitalized the M cuz of the beginning of the sentance........

Peace Out

-Gimp

Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Well, if you're talking to someone who doesn't use proper capitalization, it's a bit different. You won't be able to tell either way. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

gimp80995 wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:It's very simple to tell the difference.

However in IM convos when someone starts the sentance with "Me", it's hard to tell if they're talking in third person, and capitalized the M cuz of the beginning of the sentance........

Peace Out

-Gimp
How often does a person start a sentance with "ME" when talking about themselves? Anyway, it doesn't ever confuse me . . .
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah as long as people capitalize his name as a proper name then there isn't any problem... although like Jonathan said it would be kind of nice for post searching ability, so I could stalk Me for accurately... :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah as long as people capitalize his name as a proper name then there isn't any problem... although like Jonathan said it would be kind of nice for post searching ability, so I could stalk Me for accurately... :anxious:
Ooo, I fully support anything that increases the ease of stalking Me! \:D/ Perhaps I should recant my earlier position. :-k