Wicked

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Wicked

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never seen Wicked but it seems to be one of those famous things. I like musicals in general, so if I heard this was good I might see it. Sometimes a theatre to film transition can be tough.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was so excited back when I heard they were finally making a movie version of Wicked, but what I've seen from it so far has me fairly underwhelmed and already bordering on disappointed. Granted what I've seen so far is hardly anything, so it's certainly just an immediate gut reaction and could absolutely be off base, and I hope it is, but my feeling on it so far is "... oh :| okay" which makes me sad because this is one of the single specific things that has been on my personal wish list for as long as I can remember; I was beginning to think they would never make a film adaptation, I should be so hyped for this!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I know there are lots of big Wicked fans, so a poor movie version would be way worse than none at all. I hope it turns out better than you're thinking right now, bookworm.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

From what I've heard they are going to incorporate more of the book it was based on into the movie. The book and the musical are very different. I heard the movie will end at "Defying Gravity". This director directed In the Heights. My husband and I thought that movie was very well done having never seen the musical. It felt like a movie musical. It didn't feel like a filmed version of the musical.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh yes, important to note that this movie is only Part One of two.