Godzilla Minus One

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Godzilla Minus One

Post by The Top Crusader »

I believe Godzilla Minus One will be the first Japanese Godzilla movie to get a wide subtitled release in the United States (Shin Godzilla got a limited release a few years back). Previously if they made it to theaters at all they were dubbed and often edited in other ways. I appreciate a good dub myself but its still neat from a film history/Godzilla history perspective.

Movie looks cool. Opening today in my town but apparently a lot of places were showing it last night. Some non-local weirdos on my Facebook that aren't particularly Godzilla fans saw it and said it was amazing. Another of my office mates is a big Godzilla fan as well so we've talked most of the office into going with us to see it after work today. 8-)

I hope its terrible and everyone hates it.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If there ever was a Top Crusader movie, I assume this is it! ;) I will definitely not be seeing it. I hope it's all that Godzilla fans are hoping for. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've heard nothing but high praise for this movie, and it's coming from beyond just established Godzilla fans. Apparently it's really very good!

I haven't watched any of the Toho movies, just the modern U.S. ones, but I may have to check this one out some day.