Toy Story NFL Broadcast

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Toy Story NFL Broadcast

Post by bookworm »

"Toy Story Funday Football" kicks off at 9:30 am EST this Sunday
When the Falcons and Jaguars face off in London on Oct. 1, an alt broadcast on Disney+ and ESPN+ will be fully animated in real time from Andy’s room.

In addition to the gameplay, all the surrounding aspects of the game – announcers, graphics, scoreboard, penalty announcements, celebrations, and more – will all embrace the 'Toy Story'-themed offering in their packaging and delivery, all occurring in Andy’s room.

Andy’s room will replicate the on-the-field gameplay from Wembley Stadium, where each Falcon and Jaguar player will have animated representation on a traditional looking field, catered to the “Toy Story” setting. Fans will view every run, pass, score and all football-related action through state-of-the-art tracking technology enabled by the NFL’s Next Gen Stats player tracking data and Beyond Sports.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds extremely...odd. Cool, but very gimmicky. I'm curious as to how this will turn out.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It was indeed odd.

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

This is an interesting idea, but I don't think it was executed very well. The best part of it is the play-by-play being a little more kid-friendly. If you wanted to get your kid into football, that might really help them! They could really skip the glitchy animation and just broadcast the original game video with the kid play-by-play.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the clip, bookworm. I can say I wouldn't watch that for long, though as someone who watches, at most, one CFL game per week and one NFL game per year ;) I might not represent football mania.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Steve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:51 pmThey could really skip the glitchy animation and just broadcast the original game video with the kid play-by-play.
Like those Nickelodeon simulcasts.

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

bookworm wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:58 pm
Steve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:51 pmThey could really skip the glitchy animation and just broadcast the original game video with the kid play-by-play.
Like those Nickelodeon simulcasts.

I've never seen these, but that's way cooler than the Toy Story one. That would've actually gotten me to watch football as a kid.
he/him | a little stinker.