Football Pool XV

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Football Pool XV

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It's time again for the annual ToO Football Pool!

Despite a sad lack of participation in recent years I am still running this since it's one of our oldest community events. Hopefully at least a few people will join in this time. Since we still don't have a forum money system there's no entry fee, so this is a great chance to play along just for fun!

How it works:
The football pool is an event run week by week, each being a separate competition. You don't have to enter each one. Simply post your picks any week you want to play.

Each week you want to join, post which team you think will win each game that week here in this thread. Then guess what the total combined score (TCS) of the two teams in the Monday Night game will be. (Or guess the TCS for whatever the final game being played that week is if there is not a Monday game or there are more than one that week.) PM bookworm your TCS prediction. Then just sit back and watch how the games turn out.

The player who predicts the most correct winning teams wins the week. If there is a tie the winner will be the player who sent in the TCS prediction that was the closest to the actual total combined score of the game. TCS predictions are first come first claim. If someone else already guessed what you send in you will be asked to pick another score. (If you end up going to the tiebreaker and the other person who sent that TCS doesn't I will use your original prediction.) Picks posted after the game has kicked off will most likely not be counted toward your score, so be sure to stay on top of things and get your entry in on time. If you forget to post before the Thursday night game you can still get your picks for the rest of the week in if you post by the weekend.

This game adds some extra fun to the football season, and you don't have to be super into the sport to play you can just make your picks based on what little you know about the teams, or you can even just pick randomly! :)

Since there has not been participation for the last few years, I want to confirm whether anyone besides me will be playing before putting in the time to generate the weekly matchup lists. If you want to play, please make a post here before Week 1 kickoff so I know there is interest!
baysimp
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by baysimp »

I'll play!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Anyone who wants to join in, post your picks in bold and PM me your TCS prediction! :)

Week 1:

Thursday:
Lions @ Chiefs
Sunday:
Panthers @ Falcons
Texans @ Ravens

Bengals @ Browns
Jaguars @ Colts
Buccaneers @ Vikings
Titans @ Saints
49ers @ Steelers
Cardinals @ Commanders
Packers @ Bears

Raiders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Chargers

Eagles @ Patriots
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Giants
Monday:
Bills @ Jets

Result: 9-7
baysimp
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by baysimp »

disclaimer: I watch football but I usually have no idea what's going on. So these picks are pretty random. XD
Week 1:

Thursday:
Lions @ Chiefs
Sunday:
Panthers @ Falcons
Texans @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Jaguars @ Colts
Buccaneers @ Vikings
Titans @ Saints
49ers @ Steelers
Cardinals @ Commanders
Packers @ Bears
Raiders @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Chargers
Eagles @ Patriots
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Giants
Monday:
Bills @ Jets
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

CONGRATULATIONS TO BAYSIMP FOR WINNING WEEK 1's FOOTBALL POOL!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The results are as follows:
baysimp - 11 correct
bookworm - 9 correct

Remember that each week of this is a separate game, so anyone who didn't participate in week one can still jump in this week or any other if you want to play along! :)

Week 2:

Thursday:
Vikings @ Eagles
Sunday:
Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills
Ravens @ Bengals
Seahawks @ Lions
Colts @ Texans
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Bears @ Buccaneers
Chargers @ Titans