ToO Fantasy Football: 2023 League Thread

Join us for the ToO's lucky number 13th year of continuous play!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's looking like Laura and KF will be sliding into the postseason. It was down to the final week!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My team's performance has been exactly as underwhelming as I expected it to be post-draft; I can't believe I still have a chance to make the playoff.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Good luck in the finals AE \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Can I put in a vote to change our season next year to end a week earlier? All my other leagues have finished already, because this next week so many top players sit out. It's not really fair for the fantasy teams that make the championship to suddenly be without lots of their best players.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'd second that motion
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know that issue has been brought up at least once previously but a format change was decided against. I'd want to review why that was the case. I would personally be hesitant to support changing something so significant this many years in when we declined to do it earlier on.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't know why it was decided against or who did it...but every single year it annoys me to no end. :lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I think the stance was just tradition. But with the added week our stats would actually be more accurate changing it now \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:10 am Good luck in the finals AE \:D/
Good luck to you as well, KF. \:D/ It's looking like a close finals!

I'd support dropping the final week next year if that's what the majority wants.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats on your 4th championship season \:D/ Officially surpassing the Patriots in the time span of our league and putting you 2 ahead of a 4 way tie for second
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you for another fun year everyone! :D

Postseason details coming soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sorry for the late reply. It was a great season! Thanks for playing, everyone.

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Since the NFL has discontinued their playoff challenge we have used in the past, my husband found a different site we can use for the postseason.
https://thesecondseason.com/football/
I set up a private league, TheToOStrikesBack (#26435) with the password thetoo if anyone wants to join.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you Laura!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I failed to post this last week, but...

American Eagle is the ToO's 2023-24 Fantasy Football champion! \:D/

Final Standings (change from last year in parenthesis)
  1. (+4) American Eagles (American Eagle)
  2. (-1) Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher)
  3. (-1) Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls)
  4. (+2) Green and Gold (Almanzo)
  5. (-2) Blitzing Bookworms (bookworm)
  6. (NEW) Atlanta Sewer Rats (EK)
  7. (-3) In re Football (AE's roommate Presler)
  8. (-1) Bench Coolers (E II)
Thanks for playing this year, everyone! It was a really competitive year with four teams tied at 10-6 at the end of the regular season and everyone still in the playoff race until the final few weeks.

Looking forward to next year as always! \:D/

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If nobody else wants to post about your greatness, do it yourself! Congrats, AE! :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Exactly. Thank you, Catspaw. \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Haha! :lol: Congrats, AE! It was a fun season, everyone!