How is everyone doing?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
PinkIsNotMyColor
Hexadecimal teenager
How is everyone doing?

Post by PinkIsNotMyColor »

How are y’all doing?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been really busy lately and I feel like I'm tired and trying not to be crabby (but possibly not succeeding) more often than I'd like. :anxious: Generally good, though. How about the next poster? Are you as crabby as Catspaw? *points downward dramatically*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm doing really well generally, but have had an extremely busy last few weeks which has me unusually tired at the moment, but not crabby! ;) It's caused an abrupt interruption in the trivia game I was running though which I feel bad about because it was supposed to be over by now. I'm working on getting back on track with everything, on the forum and in real life, now that things are more back to normal!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good to hear that bookworm is in a better mood than me most days! ;)

I was at a wedding today and saw lots of family, so that was nice. I was anticipating crabbiness at long drawn-out speeches but instead everything was quite succinct. \:D/ So today was a good day.
PinkIsNotMyColor
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by PinkIsNotMyColor »

I’m doing pretty well, I got started on some projects I’d been putting off which was fun!
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

That's such a great feeling, @PinkIsNotMyColor!

And hello, my friends! It's been a while!!

Tbh, I'm not doing so hot these days. Work has been super busy and stressful, and my mental health is definitely taking a hit.

On the positive side, I got to go on a trip to NYC with my sister a couple weeks ago, and that was AMAZING \:D/

What kinds of trips do you guys have planned for the summer?
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, sorry to hear you're having a tough time, ByeByeBrownie. I hope You get a break from the stress and have a chance to recharge. Your trip sounds great! Was there one thing that stood out as a highlight?

I'm not planning any big trips - just some day trips with family and friends. It should be fun.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm headed up to Virginia soon to visit my family. Excited about that!
Right now, though....not doing too well, I hurt all over. I finally came down with the virus that has slowly been going through our house for 2 weeks. I thought I had escaped. Nope.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Life is great. Enjoying the new job, and made my first overseas trip as a tourist (go to Japan y'all, if even for just the food)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura, I've been dodging a few illnesses going around lately, so I hope my story isn't like yours soon! I hope you're all better soon. Enjoy the visit with your family. :D

Jonathan, that sounds like fun! I know someone who lived in Japan for a year or two and she really liked it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:52 pmJonathan, that sounds like fun! I know someone who lived in Japan for a year or two and she really liked it.
I was traveling with someone who lived there for a year (and knew the language, thankfully) who really liked it too. I have another friend who lived there for a year who also really liked it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:04 pm
Catspaw wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:52 pmJonathan, that sounds like fun! I know someone who lived in Japan for a year or two and she really liked it.
I was traveling with someone who lived there for a year (and knew the language, thankfully) who really liked it too. I have another friend who lived there for a year who also really liked it.
Going with someone so familiar with the area must have been helpful! I don't have any immediate plans for a big trip, but if I do go somewhere eventually, Japan sounds like a great choice.

I'm very happy that it is the weekend! \:D/ I'm tired and looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Even if I don't actually sleep longer than usual, I love waking up and knowing I don't have to get up right away.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Japan is pretty sweet, going back there myself to see my parents and sister's family for a month this fall. Life is good, just enjoying all the rain we're getting.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I’ve been stressed gents.

Not too stressed honestly, but I’ve been making big life moves recently, bought two new cars, saved real hard and paid off one of them in a year, bought a house, having a child next year… it’s a lot.

Waiting until my 30s to do all of this was a solid move because I’m way more prepared than I would have been in my 20s, but geez, it’s a bundle of nervous energy I’m trying to keep in check.

I want to go back to being 13 and only worrying about ToO money. :lol:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

EK wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:45 am I’ve been stressed gents.

Not too stressed honestly, but I’ve been making big life moves recently, bought two new cars, saved real hard and paid off one of them in a year, bought a house, having a child next year… it’s a lot.

Waiting until my 30s to do all of this was a solid move because I’m way more prepared than I would have been in my 20s, but geez, it’s a bundle of nervous energy I’m trying to keep in check.

I want to go back to being 13 and only worrying about ToO money. :lol:
Yeah there are pros and cons to being in your 30's when a lot of that gets rolling... other than dying sooner I think the pros outweigh the cons. Although part of me kind of wishes I had the energy of a 20-something with my child rather than a 41 year old.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The pros outweigh the cons by far definitely, but I get the energy thing. I imagine most guys in their late 30s/early 40s are feeling the burn and are close to going full Joe Rogan with the testosterone cream or something. :lol:

Work from home has been HUGE for my wife and I as far as stress relief and energy levels, the one good thing to come out of COVID, it adds hours to the day and gives us a chance to catch up on house stuff and have time to relax.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Now I really feel old as I read about what EK is up to! :mad: It sounds like you have lots to keep you busy, EK. Enjoy the time with your wife as you two await your precious little bundle. :) I'm glad that working from home is working for you guys.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I'm enjoying my 30s so far too! Now my kids are all addicted to AiO. They listen to it every night going to sleep. I took them to Whit's End in the Springs a few weeks ago, boy they had fun. Although slightly disappointed that Mr. Whittaker wasn't there to greet them.. Whit's End is legit by the way. You can feed a family of five for pretty cheap, and the green chili dog was quite yummy!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Great to hear, Samwise. :D It's neat that you're passing your love for AIO on to your kids. Now I want to go to visit Whit's End again!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Shockingly enough, I do still exist. Life has been kinda crazy. Earlier this summer, I organized a fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network at work. We sold soda floats and Wod Fam Choc Sods. We raised $211 for Riley Children's Hospital in Indiana.

ImageImage

After that we had the chaos of yearly inventory. Now, I'm getting ready for my summer staycation next week.
ImageImageImage
logos linked