Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw Indy yesterday too! :highfive: My dad and my brother and I went together. It was a fairly full theatre, but it wasn't a loud crowd (other than the slightly annoying people next to me - the side with strangers, not the side with my family members) ;) Sometimes there were funny parts and I just heard my dad and I laughing. Not sure if some people were laughing quietly or if I just didn't notice or what. Maybe we enjoyed it more than some people, or maybe we were the annoying loud laughers. :wave:

It was a lot of fun. I really liked it. You just can't beat the originals, so that isn't a fair standard. I wanted to have a fun adventure when I saw the new Indy movie, and I did. I have absolutely no problem with a younger-looking Harrison Ford for portions of the film. O:) I do want to see it again. I might go again by myself. I like to do that now and then.
bookworm wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:47 pm I saw it yesterday!
The one thing I will specifically make note of is the callback to Raiders in the final scene was very well done and really moving.
I really loved the end scene too. I realized quickly what they were doing (as all the other fans out there did too, I'm sure) and thoroughly enjoyed it. :inlove: No surprise to anyone who knows me. ;) It was such a lovely ending and that made me very happy.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh yeah, I was going to mention but forgot to say that this was the fullest I'd seen our theater in a very long time. Not a massive crowd, but it never is we're a small town; for what would be generally expected here to be considered a successful audience size it was quite a good turnout.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was a couple weeks late to seeing it, and saw it on a random weekday afternoon (that's what bereavement leave is for, right? My grandmother would've wanted me to see Indiana Jones) so there wasn't much of a crowd.

I definitely would say that overall I liked it. I'm just not sure how much I liked it. >_>
I normally really like time travel but for whatever reason it just seemed weird and hokey in this. Maybe better than the aliens at end of Crystal Skull, though?
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I really want to see this one, but it skipped the theaters within reasonable driving distance. I'll wait until it hits dvd rental or streaming I guess. The trailer looks like good campy fun.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's hitting Disney+ in Canada very soon. I can't say for sure if that's accurate in the States as well, but worth checking. It's definitely worth watching for Indy fans!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I like the part where he sometimes wears a hat.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like the part where technology brings Harrison Ford back to peak handsomeness for a bunch of the movie :inlove: while he is sometimes wearing a hat. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yes I am all for AI/CGI recreations so we can have younger Indy and also Star Wars characters that I personally like back to star in movies. \:D/
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I watched this in theaters earlier this year and watched it again a couple weeks ago on Disney+. I thought it was really good!
The beginning part with younger Indy was fun, I enjoyed it. \:D/

The whole tuk-tuk chase scene in Tangier was well done. I like how the film takes into account Indy's age and keeps the action realistic but still very engaging.

The time travel was surprising, but I didn't have many problems with it. I actually thought that it would end with Indy staying in Syracuse; it would have been very fitting. But as Helena says, he is needed in his own time. Marion's appearance at the end was good.

I also really liked all the returning characters and references to the previous films throughout the movie!
This movie is probably among my top favorites out of all the Indiana Jones films. Overall, I think it has a great story and a very good conclusion to the film series. :yes:
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I wasn't necessarily expecting it, but it would've been cool if they had shoehorned Short Round into the movie since Ke Huy Quan is having a resurgence in popularity.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:17 am
I wasn't necessarily expecting it, but it would've been cool if they had shoehorned Short Round into the movie since Ke Huy Quan is having a resurgence in popularity.
That would have been fun!

I want to watch it again now that it's on Disney+ so hopefully I'll find time over Christmas!