ToO Fantasy Football: 2022 League Thread

Join us for the ToO's dozenth year in a row of fantasy football!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
ToO Fantasy Football: 2022 League Thread

Post by American Eagle »

The ToO's 12-year tradition of competing for fantasy football stardom continues! At least 15 different players have been part of this tradition over the years. Whether you're a repeat player or brand new to the league, join us in continuing the fun!

History >> (History on ESPN, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)

>> Click here to go to this year's league main office. <<

2022 Roll Call
  1. American Eagle - confirmed
  2. bookworm - confirmed
  3. Laura Ingalls - confirmed
  4. Almanzo - confirmed
  5. Knight Fisher - confirmed
  6. E II - confirmed
  7. Monty_Whittaker - confirmed
  8. Presler (AE's roommate) - confirmed
  9. your name here - join us!
This year is open to anyone who wants to play. You simply need an ESPN account. One you have that, PM me or bookworm your email address and we'll let you in.

If you played last year and want to stay in the league, just post in this thread so we know you're in. \:D/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Based on what has worked in the past, I am scheduling a tentative draft night. If this date does not work for many people, we can revise. (Of course, players unable to attend can always set pre-draft rankings and strategy to ensure that they get a great team!)

Tentative Draft Date: Monday, August 22, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I'm in again! Hoping to claim that elusive crown!
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can't believe it's already this time again!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Welcome back, bookworm and E II!

E II, you've come so very close, several times. Best of luck this year!

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
MinatoArisato
Lurker
Post by MinatoArisato »

I'm in yet again. (I'm Monty, just uh. still can't access that account. sad.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

MinatoArisato wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:11 pm I'm in yet again. (I'm Monty, just uh. still can't access that account. sad.)
The account is active (as in, not deactivated) and therefore should be accessible. PM me if you want to sort this out.

I'm boycotting due to the egregious oversight of no CFL fantasty league. :noway:

;)
MinatoArisato
Lurker
Post by MinatoArisato »

Ah, yeah, I just uh.

forgot the password.

and made a new account instead.

probably wasn't the best plan admittedly!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

All sorted out! Welcome back @Monty_Whittaker :)
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Hello there.
Resident JRPG nut
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Almanzo and I are in this year again. That draft date should work for us.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm in as always. Also good with the draft \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It makes me genuinely happy to see everyone back for another year. :inlove: Such an awesome tradition. I look forward to it each year.

Now that we have 8 confirmed, any additional players must come in pairs. We'll remain open for any newbies to join until the draft.

Catspaw, that means you'll also have to recruit Shadowpaw once you decide to get over yourself and play American fantasy football with us. :x

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm
Catspaw, that means you'll also have to recruit Shadowpaw once you decide to get over yourself and play American fantasy football with us. :x
Sure, if his team (or who I assume his team is...) beats my team, then I'll switch over the to the inferior American product. Four downs? Lame!

(I really only watch my closest local CFL team, the Grey Cup, and the Super Bowl when it comes to football - and even then I ignore all the stuff I don't understand.) O:)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Catspaw wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:40 pm
American Eagle wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm
Sure, if his team (or who I assume his team is...) beats my team, then I'll switch over the to the inferior American product. Four downs? Lame!

(I really only watch my closest local CFL team, the Grey Cup, and the Super Bowl when it comes to football - and even then I ignore all the stuff I don't understand.) O:)
Haha. :) Considering how much the offense is preferred in today's NFL, I wouldn't be shocked if one day we started allowing more than four downs!

Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I literally don't pay attention to Football at all, I just do this because it's funny.
Also, A.E., I confirmed, just putting it out there.
Resident JRPG nut
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Seeing no objection, the draft date previously mentioned is on!
Monty_Whittaker wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:17 pm I literally don't pay attention to Football at all, I just do this because it's funny.
Also, A.E., I confirmed, just putting it out there.
Oops, I just fixed the first post to note that we're all confirmed. Thanks.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm wondering if we should actually delay the draft a little longer?
(Sorry for not mentioning this sooner, I've been away.)

The 22nd is in line with what we usually tend to do, but the last couple years have made me think it may be time to change up our approach. The reason we traditionally have held our draft so early (compared to when most fantasy leagues tend to do it) was to allow a good amount of time for post-draft roster analysis and making player trades pre-kickoff. That hasn't been a thing that happens anymore as of recent.

What has happened though is a seemingly drastic increase of last minute major injuries to high profile players. I think these days it would be most prudent to draft pretty close to season start, maybe one week in advance?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I can't do that week before, I will be totally busy traveling and helping with my sister's wedding.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Based on the lack of responses in support of delay, let's keep the draft as scheduled. The draft will be held tonight at 9:00 PM EST.

bookworm, next year, let's plan to pick a draft date closer to the start of the regular season. I like the idea.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I actually remember it's happening this year. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.