James Webb Telescope

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Steve
No way I broke the window

James Webb Telescope

Post by Steve »

anyone been following the images coming back from nasa's james webb telescope? i know basically nothing about space, but man- space is cool.

https://webb.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunc ... lorer.html
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for posting Steve, I had thought this subject should probably have a thread made about it but hesitated to start one myself because I'm really not knowledgeable about this new telescope or what its doing. You're right though that it's probably sufficient enough to just say it's pretty cool, because indeed it is!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I'm not space expert either but I can appreciate how amazing and gorgeous these pictures are. I've watched a bit about the process of developing the James Webb telescope - what a complicated and lengthy process! It's neat to see that all that effort is yielding results.
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

If you guys are actually interested in the telescope, check this out:

I highly recommend it. It's super fascinating. Also, astronomy is amazing.
VortexHunter
Lurker

Post by VortexHunter »

I can't look at these pictures of the detail, beauty, complexity, and vastness of space - where each background galaxy that looks like a single stroke of an artists brush contains billions of stars, each as vast and powerful as our sun - without constantly remembering Psalm 19:1-2:
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge."