What annoys me most about Odyssey is....

This is meant to be fun, not deroggatory!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

What annoys me most about Odyssey is....

Post by Flyah »

...the way Donna says imporTanT - that's always driven me crazy!

...the fact that Whit should be almost 85 years old since he served in WW2 but he still has great adventures as if he was 35! =P~
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The way Chris says "shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't, didn't, etc." O:)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Flyah wrote:...the way Donna says imporTanT - that's always driven me crazy!
I know, that drives me nuts, too!

I also get annoyed at Lucy a lot when she's too "goody-two-shoes"
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

Evil Chick wrote: I also get annoyed at Lucy a lot when she's too "goody-two-shoes"
Lucy always annoys me. ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

pacer394 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote: I also get annoyed at Lucy a lot when she's too "goody-two-shoes"
Indeed, it seemed she always went to great lengths to be perfect all the time (particularly in Have You No Selpurks?) Course, she sure didn't show that "perfect" character in that episode (the title escapes me) where she wrote an article about Green Dye #94.

Ooh. Muckraker.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Lucy annoys me simply because I've known people exactly like her in real life who annoyed me........even though they weren't perfect, they acted like they were.

Can't really think of anything else annoying right now, but I probably will in a little while.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I don't like Lucy for sure. ](*,)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
pacer394 wrote:
Indeed, it seemed she always went to great lengths to be perfect all the time (particularly in Have You No Selpurks?) Course, she sure didn't show that "perfect" character in that episode (the title escapes me) where she wrote an article about Green Dye #94.

Ooh. Muckraker.
Exactly. I've been fighting the idea alot lately that Lucy is either perfect, or thinks she is. She's not, and well aware of it. The Battle Part 2. Have you no Selpurcks (at the end she came around), Muckraker, you get the idea. And if anyone complains about her voice I'll beat you to it by saying that's not a valid complaint.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The odd name connections that may be impossible to verify!

I'll provide you with an example of what I mean. I was listening to Bassett Hounds recently and realized that Wooton has an Uncle Langley. The Canadian branch of FOTF has it's headquarters near Langley, British Columbia. Is that a mere coincidence, something that only a half-crazed Canadian fan would notice? Is it a (very) subtle tribute to Canadian fans, or a recognition of FOTF's many international branches? Since Wooton Bassett is apparently named after a town or city in England, it would make sense if one of his relatives was named after a city as well.

Another thing that I noticed in Bassett Hounds was that there was an Aunt Patty. There is also Wooton's twin brother, Wellington. You can have both a beef patty and beef wellington to eat. Coincidence? I wish I knew!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

..the way Donna says imporTanT - that's always driven me crazy!
that irks me too, but now it's going to bother me all the more!!

Euegene and Katrina's "long, drawn-out ,seemingly never to end engagement" was annoying.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Katrina's new voice. 8-[
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

I didn't like it at first eather but it's grown on me as I've listened to it a few times. Just try it and see!
:D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

serrebi wrote:I didn't like it at first eather but it's grown on me as I've listened to it a few times. Just try it and see!
:D
While I do like the theme that was used from 1998-2002, I too have grown used to the new one.

Another thing I disliked was how a few early early shows (1987) had Whit and Tom referring to the boys as 'son'.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:
Another thing I disliked was how a few early early shows (1987) had Whit and Tom referring to the boys as 'son'.

-Jonathan
That would annoy me 'cept it's actually rather common for older people to refer to young boys (related to them or not) as 'son'.......

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Katrina's new voice. 8-[
Careful, careful. :-$

- Definitely Liz Horton, especially her personality. If I could give her a piece of my mind . . .

- Marvin Washington and his "Oinks!" Not to mention the fact he acts like an 8-year old half the time. :roll:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
*sweet smile* You can hear it at the end of "A Most Intriguing Question" in the clips for the next show. ;)
Trent DeWhite wrote:- Definitely Liz Horton, especially her personality. If I could give her a piece of my mind . . .
Mandy might be jealous. :lol:
Trent DeWhite wrote:- Marvin Washington and his "Oinks!" Not to mention the fact he acts like an 8-year old half the time. :roll:
The oink thing was definitely annoying... especially because we were never given a reason for it. I think my favorite line of Marvin's is what he said to Whit. "Did you tell them I spilled juice on your carpet?" :lol: It just seems like such a funny thing for him to worry about... makes me laugh every time I hear it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
*sweet smile* You can hear it at the end of "A Most Intriguing Question" in the clips for the next show. ;)
I realize that, but-- mhm. :-#
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:- Definitely Liz Horton, especially her personality. If I could give her a piece of my mind . . .
Mandy might be jealous. :lol:
Ha, I don't think Mandy would be jealous of my general disdain for Liz's personality. :lol: Of course, AIO was smart when they placed Liz's character in situations where she could be edified. \:D/
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

In mult-part eps the clips from the last ep. You flip over the tape, wanting to continue the adventure, only to have to listen to a minute or more of stuff you just heard! (I don't fastforward becuase the tapes are my sisters and she thinks fastforwarding ruins the tapes.) I have noticed that in the new CD's they've gotten rid of this.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

The one thing that annoys me most is that its only a 20 minute show roughly. I wish it was longer! Man but after awhile i guess it would get boring and since we all have short attention spans its not going to help. A one hour episode would probably just drag on but I m sure the writters couold make it great!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Anne wrote:In mult-part eps the clips from the last ep. You flip over the tape, wanting to continue the adventure, only to have to listen to a minute or more of stuff you just heard! (I don't fastforward becuase the tapes are my sisters and she thinks fastforwarding ruins the tapes.) I have noticed that in the new CD's they've gotten rid of this.
They still do that sometimes... but only really short, and if it was a three parter. :)

Bah, if fastforwarding (and rewinding) ruins them, then mine are scratched and the cassettes are jammed...
(what's that called, when all of the film stuff comes out of the tape, and it gets all wound up and ruined? I tried asking my mom, but I guess I didn't explain it well enough. #-o)

Sarah