ToO Fantasy Football - 5 Years Strong!

Anyone is welcome to join in!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

username: godisawesomeness99

any day or time would be fine

i am unavailable august 14-17, and weekend nights in August. also mornings and afternoons after September 1st
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So....any progress with a draft day that the most number of people can be present?
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

We're cutting it kind of close at this point. How does the 19th sound? And if not then the 23rd?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Either of those should work for me.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Sounds good to me
I am confused
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Based on all of the comments here, I agree that August 19 sounds like a good plan. \:D/

Draft Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM ET

One other thing we need to decide: as it stands right now, 7 of us are planning to play this year. We all played last year. The only player who hasn't come back is EK. Unless someone new signs up, here are our options:

1. Leave EK in the group. He's disappeared in the middle of every season for the last few years, so history tells us that he's probably going to be inactive this year, too.

2. Take EK out of the group. Having only 7 players means that we're going to have several bye weeks, uneven divisions and scheduling problems.

Which do you guys think is the lesser of two evils?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Uneven conferences isn't an option, so for the moment I would leave EK in. We know he'll disappear, but maybe he'll at least be there for the start again.

I do have messages out to both Skylerbuck and SWA to see if either of them are able to return, but no responses yet.
If one of them does show up obviously they should be switched in for EK since they'll be active; but how will that work if it's not until after the draft?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah if at all possible I'd prefer to avoid byes. Saps the fun out of it with weeks off.

If you're reading this join the league. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:If one of them does show up obviously they should be switched in for EK since they'll be active; but how will that work if it's not until after the draft?
No idea. We might have to cross that bridge if we come to it.

I agree with you both on 7 vs. 8 teams.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

8 teams for sure.
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Today's the day. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yep! See you guys in like 6 hours. \:D/

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Oh. Idea. If EK doesn't show up and we don't get another team. We could have the 8th team's weekly lineup decided by vote. That way it stays relatively competitive against everyone.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

But how would the line-up be changed? It's his personal account, right? Is there a way for AE to get in and change around teams' players? :-k
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laura Ingalls wrote:But how would the line-up be changed? It's his personal account, right? Is there a way for AE to get in and change around teams' players? :-k
If only I had that much power. :evillaugh:

The draft starts in like 10 minutes! See you guys there! \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Woo hoo! \:D/ Good draft, guys - 5 out of 8 of us were there! I'm pretty pleased with my team, I think. :) We'll see how the season goes.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

With a championship on my record all future seasons are entirely just for fun now, just seeing what happens. Which is a good thing, because otherwise I would be extremely dismayed by the outcome of this draft.

I really don't know how I'm supposed to work with this; pretty much everyone needs replaced but there aren't any good players available to switch in.
Thank goodness I at least got my main man Rodgers once again! That gives me a familiar rock I can build around.

Moving players around and building the roster is my favorite part of this, so the bright side is at least I have plenty of that to do. My work sure is cut out for me though.

My draft results (Picking 8th of 8):
Aaron Rodgers (GB) QB
Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG) WR
Julio Jones (ATL) WR
A.J. Green (CIN) WR
Justin Forsett (BAL) RB
Melvin Gordon (SD) RB
Sammy Watkins (BUF) WR
Joique Bell (DET) RB
C.J. Spiller (NO) RB
Brandon Marshall (NYJ) WR
Kevin White (CHI) WR
Darren McFadden (DAL) RB
Michael Floyd (AZ) WR
Zach Ertz (PHI) TE
Ravens D/ST
Steven Hauschka (SEA) K
Last edited by bookworm on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

So bookworm as our recent champion and football expert who has the best team as of right now?
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Auto draft is messin with me. Gonna have a hard time being runner up again. :(

On second if cam is decent I may stand a chance. Waiting for lebron bell to be back might be tough, but once again running back is a position I don't need to worry about. That would be q.b. again.
Better than first thought.
Last edited by E II on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

John Chrysostom wrote:So bookworm as our recent champion and football expert who has the best team as of right now?
Let me be clear: I am a football expert, not a fantasy football expert. This could well be the same situation as last season where I was incredibly frustrated with autodraft's choices and they ended up winning me the championship! Just from initial analysis and reaction though, I am very displeased.

As to who else is in good shape, again still not really understanding how fantasy works all I can base that on is who ended up with the most of the players I had felt prompted to try for. And at the moment, interestingly, there isn't a standout team in that; my highlighted payers are pretty evenly dispersed among three or four of you.
Including EK to my chagrin. >_> He had better show up for at least a week or two to justify getting good players. I'm only just realizing how unfair it was to let him be in the draft if he's going to be inactive the entire season. He grabbed up good players and isn't around to use them, or even trade them out to people who more deserve them. They're lost in a void. We should have keep him out of the draft so the actual participants could have a chance to get who they wanted, then added him in later and made him take the leftovers.