My Fandom Chair

at Musical Shutterbug's request

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

My Fandom Chair

Post by Shennifer »

If this is the wrong place for this, then a mod can move it :)

This is one the chairs I've painted this summer and I'm extremely proud of it.... (even if some of the pictures didn't turn out great)

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know what most of the things are, but I would be extremely proud of it too! Awesome job! :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Thanks \:D/

if you're not a fan of Doctor Who then most of it wouldn't make sense to you. I made most of the objects that are glued on out of Sculpey Clay.

But I shall explain for everyone's benefit:
Doctor Who part (Doctor Who reboot, just to clarify)
at the top is obviously a TARDIS, with doors that are open to reveal the epic inside

then, right below it represents the first season (TARDIS key, Nine's jacket, the color of one of Roses' shirts)
below that, representing season 2, there is a little plastic Cyberman because Cybermen feature prominently in season 2 (I realize now I forgot to put a dalek on it as well). Also, brown for the Doctor's suit and blue for Rose's outfit in the season 2 finale
next, season 3: pink-Martha's shirt, blue-the Doctor's suit, the fob watch that holds the Timelords' essence (for all who have seen season 3 they will know it is extremely significant)
season 4: brown-the Doctor's suit, purple for one of Donna's outfits
season 5 and 6: Eleven's jacket (tan color), and red for Amy's hair and outfit, along with the new logo for Doctor Who (can't see it very well, but it's a plastic DW that came with the Cybermen figure)
season 7: Clara's teacup (original Clara), and the color of Eleven's new jacket (and I forget what the darker color is supposed to represent)

Sherlock:
221B Baker Street's door at the top
then the first three squares are season 1, the next three are season 2 (two colors and an object represent each episode)

season 1:
-pink color, tan ( I forget why), a plastic bottle to represent the bottle the pills were in
-yellow for the graffiti, an olive sort of color for the inside of the tunnel, the black thing is supposed to be a lotus, like in the episode
-white and that shade of blue because it seems those colors are prominent in that episode, the flash drive with the military plans on it

season 2:
-red for Irene, yellow (maybe for the lighting in some scenes), her phone
-blue and white again because I thought they were prominent colors (not the only prominent colors but I tried), the glowing bunny that starts Sherlock on the case
-blue for Sherlock's scarf, black for his coat or tombstone (or just the general tone of the episode), the newspaper article talking about his supposed suicide
there are two other fandoms represented (Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries) but since I don't think anyone watches those shows here I won't go into detail
Last edited by Shennifer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

...is that BLUEBELL? xD

EDIT: I just saw your post...IT IS!

Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It is indeed Bluebell and that clip made my night \:D/

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Nice, Shen! Even though I only watch the Doctor Who out of those. ^_^
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Fang-wa wrote:Nice, Shen! Even though I only watch the Doctor Who out of those. ^_^
Eh that's alright, at least you recognize something :)

but you should watch Sherlock, it's really good :yes:

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:
Fang-wa wrote:Nice, Shen! Even though I only watch the Doctor Who out of those. ^_^

I especially like the open-TARDIS bit. \:D/

I saw one episode, but it seemed dark...besides Sherlock being a clever jerk. xP
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Fang-wa wrote:
Shennifer wrote:

I especially like the open-TARDIS bit. \:D/

I saw one episode, but it seemed dark...besides Sherlock being a clever jerk. xP
I'm especially proud of my TARDIS interior 8-)

There are dark moments in the episodes, but they're still good. And yes, Sherlock is a clever jerk but I happen to think that's only on the surface (what episode did you see?)

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:I'm especially proud of my TARDIS interior 8-)

There are dark moments in the episodes, but they're still good. And yes, Sherlock is a clever jerk but I happen to think that's only on the surface (what episode did you see?)
Hey, maybe I'll just PM you so this topic can remain about your chair. xD Then we can be more free about spoilers, anyway.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Fang-wa wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I'm especially proud of my TARDIS interior 8-)

Hey, maybe I'll just PM you so this topic can remain about your chair. xD Then we can be more free about spoilers, anyway.
alrighty then :)

I forgot to mention about the Doctor Who space for season 4: that's a little clay hand (or it's supposed to be a hand, though it doesn't look like one) that represents how the Tenth Doctor got his hand cut off and how that eventually plays a major role in the end of season 4

just so ya'll know every detail of my fascinating piece of furniture \:D/

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Shen, it's so incredibly beautiful! I'm blown away. What a brilliant display of creativity.

You. Are. Amazing.

:inlove:
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Shen, it's so incredibly beautiful! I'm blown away. What a brilliant display of creativity.

You. Are. Amazing.

:inlove:
:hug: that means a lot, thank you!

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

You are very welcome. It's utterly fantastic.

Are you interested in making another one and selling it to a certain interested person? \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:You are very welcome. It's utterly fantastic.

Are you interested in making another one and selling it to a certain interested person? \:D/
I don't have anymore chairs to paint, this one was the last of 4 (and the only fandom related one).
are you interested in a table? hehe
I could add to the chairs I've already painted though :-k

And I'm sorry but I want to keep this one ;)

however, I could still make you something; like I made my friend a mini TARDIS for her birthday. PM me details \:D/
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.