Happy Valentine's Day!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Happy Valentine's Day!

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yep, I think Valentine's Day is for EVERYONE, not just couples. \:D/ So Happy Valentine's Day, ToOers! O:)

I have the table all decorated with red, pink, and hearts, and I have notes and cake balls at my family's seats. The supper meal will have red and pink foods included. :yes: Does anyone else celebrate or am I just CRAZY? :-

I shall leave you with this touching poem:

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Happy Valentines Day to you as well, Laura! Aha, I agree, it's for everyone! (Which either makes it true, or makes both of us crazy. :anxious: )

Ahaha, LOVE the poem. :lol:
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

:drool:
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Happy artificial holiday with commercial overtone everyone... I mean happy Valentines Day everyone...
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Taps wrote:Happy artificial holiday with commercial overtone everyone... I mean happy Valentines Day everyone...
Haha! Isn't that the truth... >_>
merp.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Not with us! We were the first ones! Happy Saint Valentine's Day everyone!
~ Walker in Dreams
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You know how everyone often posts pictures of themselves with their Valentines?

Well, here's a picture of me with my Valentine:

My Valentine is my trusty, dusty, beat up, old straw hat. In all honesty, she probably should have been thrown away years ago... But I've held on to her, and she's become my most prized possession. She's not worth much at all... I could probably sell her at a garage sale for a quarter... But I'd never trade her for anything. In sentimental terms, she's worth a King's Ransom to me. :mrgreen: I don't care how weird you think I am; I love my hat.Image
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Great picture, JCGJ. That's a nice hat.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

bookworm wrote:
:drool:
This year, I didn't put lollipop sticks in. \:D/

And I've been working on a Valentine cake the past couple of days:

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

That cake is absolutely gorgeous. I would sort of feel sad eating it, although I'm sure it's scrumptious!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Those pops don’t actually look as appealing to me as the others. I’m not big on chocolate.
But oh my word; that cake looks too perfect to be real! :shock:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura! That cake looks so amazing! You are so talented!

For Valentines day, my parents usually go out for dinner or whatever, and the kids stay home, make dinner and watch a movie or something. But this year my dad had to go out of town on a last minute emergency trip, and we have youth group and church tonight, so we're not doing quite as much.

My 7 year-old brother and I are making cookies right now though, as a surprise for the rest of the family. :P
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh my llamas, Laura. Did you make it? It is sublime o:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Laura, that cake is perfect! you are very talented!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

*Imagine that this is said in the deepest, most spine tingling voice imaginable - as in mine and said straight to your heart*

Good day my dears. On the this day of love Barry White is here and ready to make sure no girl has a disappointing Valentines day.

I am talking to you Laura. I have the chocolates and I know you have the fudge and other assorted desserts. Lets get some diabetes together.

This goes out to you. Wherever you are, wherever I am. This goes from my heart to yours.

I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Aww, thanks everybody. *blushes* I tried to imitate a picture I saw, but it doesn't look as good as what I wanted it to look like. :-
The inside of the cake was chocolate with cookies'n'cream filling, covered with chocolate ganache, and then the fondant on the outside.
bookworm wrote:Those pops don’t actually look as appealing to me as the others. I’m not big on chocolate.
Same here, actually. I had some of the ganache left over from the main cake, so to use it up, I covered the cake balls with it instead of using vanilla candy coating. :yes: The rest of my family loves chocolate, so at least they like it. ;)

For supper tonight, I added some strawberries to the salad for some red color, for a drink we had strawberry limeade, and I folded red cloth napkins to look like hearts. :inlove:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Laura. Can I adopt you?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laura, does your denomination allow you to marry multiple men? You might want to find that out because this is your best opportunity to make it happen. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Knight Fisher wrote:Laura. Can I adopt you?
No. :noway:
American Eagle wrote:Laura, does your denomination allow you to marry multiple men? You might want to find that out because this is your best opportunity to make it happen. \:D/
Someone at Watson's work (I sent some extra with him yesterday) said whoever marries me will be really fat. Do you really want to take that risk?! :mad:

Unfortunately, it's against my religion to marry teenagers, so the question is moot anyway. :(