They're out to get us!!

The Soda Shoppers are out to get us!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

bookworm wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:The ratio (between the boards) of total leaving people should equal the ratio of the people who leave out of discontent.
I fail to see how you can assume that. Just because the main subject on the boards is the same doesn’t necessitate that the factors dictating member longevity are the same, or that the same number of members are affected by those factors.
I actually put more thought into it than just the topic. Each board is predominantly North-American, Protestant Christian with a sprinkling of Catholic (though we don't have any Eastern Orthodox or atheist). Your average age is a little older, but we are all in the same general age range. There's a good deal of homeschoolers on either site, and there are a lot of similar personalities on either board. Now these identities may not be identical, but they are certainly more similar than the ToO compared to a message board dedicated to the discussion of shell collecting in the Phillipines.

The number of members makes absolutely no difference here. We are strictly discussing percentages.

Believe me, if I ever have a career involving probability or statistics, I won't be making these kinds of assumptions, but for this circumstance, a rough estimate won't hurt anyone.

If we take all of the main factors that would influence whether or not a member would stay to become incorporated into the society, minus the member's own choice to leave because of discontent/disinterest, the totals would be fairly similar.

-- Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm --
Knight Fisher wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote: KF has joined the board. Many have no idea who he is, particularily as he has taken the name 'Pete the Moose'. Sunbs has become more active. Others have posted and joined.
lolz. I joined as a spy. \:D/ The plan was to infiltrate the board and prove how ToO is much superior. I succeeded.

Point A: As made by AE, ya'll don't have Top. We have Top. Making us better individually. Reading his posts are like taking awesomeness vitamins.

Point B: You have the ERK. =;

Point C: Dancing Smiley. \:D/

While I will say these past few times I've been in the chatroom have been loads of fun. \:D/ The ToO is still and will remain my home board. ;)
1. Being a member here doesn't necessarily mean that you will read Top's posts. Nor do I skip Top's posts, or any other person browsing through here. I will not dispute Top's awesomeness. Keep in mind that we have Pound Foolish, and you don't. ;)

2. And we also have the Emily War, as you have the Random War. The difference is that our war is AiO relevent.

A. Our chat is better utilized.

B. Our board tends to stay on topic better.

C. Dancing Smiley.

I'm glad you had a good time. I've had a good time here, too, though the S.S. is and will remain my priority.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I would like to see Top meet PF.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

So would I. ;)
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

That would be interesting.. The world might explode though.

What do you guys think would happen?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:I would like to see Top meet PF.
So would I. ;)

Top would oust him for sure.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

HA! You can't live with him and think that!
~ Walker in Dreams
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

I like Soda Shop better, but I'm NOT saying that I don't like the ToO.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
snubs wrote:
Kaida wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:I would like to see Top meet PF.
So would I. ;)

Top would oust him for sure.
HA! You can't live with him and think that!
I know PF well enough, and I know Top. And he would oust him. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Where is Top these days? Not on any of the topics I post on.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I'm sorry, I may not know who this "Top" guy is. But, I know PF pretty well... PF would top Top so hard that Top would end up being Bottom in less than five seconds. =P ;)

Oh, and, maybe I should start an ERK here? Bring a lil' life into this place, hmm? ;)
DanP740 wrote:Some more...
15. The Mods and members care about the un clogging of this board, so they report things
16. Even if the members have different views about a character, etc, they don't let it et between them being friends
At 15. Erm, we have moderators that do stuff. And there's not much to do. And not much of a problem. So I'm sure how this applies.
At 16. First off, that was changed since the original post, but I haven't really seen this happen here. The original number 16 was "No one thinks I'm a loser on here! That makes anything better!" If he's referring to himself being thought a loser on here, then he's most likely mistaken.
Um... that was my quote... and I'm a girl. :mrgreen: At the time, I meant it in general. Meaning why the SS had meant so much more to me. I wasn't necessarily meaning the ToO does, especially since I hadn't had much in the way of activity here. I meant it referring to other sites I had been and life in general. That really was meant to be a joke post, not to be taken seriously. I don't really know many people here, and I still think it's a bit confusing. But, I like both for their uniqueness. Enough said. ;)

Personally, as stated before, the SS and ToO are both great. They differ from each other, yet are pretty alike in ways too. I think that the "war" should just call truce and leave it at that. ;)

Oh...and... *Coughs*
EMILY RULES. =P :D
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Samantha14 wrote:I'm sorry, I may not know who this "Top" guy is.
That is quite obvious, from the rest of your statement.
Samantha14 wrote:But, I know PF pretty well... PF would top Top so hard that Top would end up being Bottom in less than five seconds. =P ;)
No one can top Top, it's metaphysically impossible.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

bookworm wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:But, I know PF pretty well... PF would top Top so hard that Top would end up being Bottom in less than five seconds. =P ;)
Oh, I'm sure. *Sarcasm* ;)
And, by any chance, have you any idea about PF? I'd like to see "Top" try...
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you mean Parker Family, yes we know him. But neither he nor anyone else holds anything over Top.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

PF is Pound Foolish.
You don't need to put quotes around Top. It's short for The Top Crusader, in case you didn't know.
Also, I don't see why people keep talking about whether Top or PF is better. Why not compare every single other user too? [/sarcasm]
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I ended up searching and finding that out. I was being sarcastic as well. ;)
Because then we would end up making more enemies than friends here. =P ;) Of course, when comparing things such as these, when we know PF is superior, I don't really see the point of continuing. I guess we could just leave it at Top<PF? ;)

(Just teasing. ;) )
merp.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

bookworm wrote:
Pound Foolish is to the Soda Shop as Top is to the ToO, except that PF comes with the added bonus of the Emily War.
DanP740 wrote:Also, I don't see why people keep talking about whether Top or PF is better. Why not compare every single other user too? [/sarcasm]
I would actually find that quite interesting and entertaining. It might be a little difficult because you have an average age 1-2 years above ours.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Pound Foolish is to the Soda Shop as Top is to the ToO, except that PF comes with the added bonus of the Emily War.
Point and case. Added Emily bonus adds a 99.9 % added cool factor to PF. =P ;)
merp.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Samantha14 wrote:Point and case. Added Emily bonus adds a 99.9 % added cool factor to PF. =P ;)
Pound Foolish has also had several mock enemies. Does this count for or against him?
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:Point and case. Added Emily bonus adds a 99.9 % added cool factor to PF. =P ;)
Pound Foolish has also had several mock enemies. Does this count for or against him?
For. This always gives an amusing, entertaining, and hilarious banter for us to watch. ;)
merp.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Very true. Pound Foolish benefits us on so many levels.