Voting and such

I'm polling you all

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Vote for however many statements apply to you.

I am too young to vote. :(
28%
I am old enough to vote, but am not registered
5%
I am registered and vote occasionally
7%
I am registered and vote in every election possible
33%
I have been involved in political campaigns in some way
14%
The only time I've ever had anything to do with a campaign is to listen to robo-calls
7%
I have volunteered or would consider doing so at my local polling place
7%

Total votes: 43

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Voting and such

Post by Laura Ingalls »

This isn't a topic specifically about this election, per se, so it's not a duplicate of Top's thread. :P I just wanted to know who all of you CAN vote, WILL vote, and whether you have been otherwise politically involved.

I believe I have voted in every single election since I turned 18, even the smaller ones. \:D/ I also work at my precinct as the chief poll worker, which can be quite interesting. The only "campaigning" I've ever done is to have a sign in our vehicle's window last presidential election.

Discuss! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well I'm to young to vote in this election, but as soon as I am, I'm planning on voting. I believe its a privilege to vote, and therefore I'm going to do it :)

As far as campaigning goes, well I've been going to the Republican headquarters and making phone calls reminding people to vote, and campaigning for a good friend of ours, who's running for the state senate. I've been pretty active this election, but it's my first time doing anything really.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I'm too young to vote. :(

I went with a friend of mine to the Republican headquarters and he signed up to go door to door seeing who was going to vote. I would've done it but I don't know if my parents would let me go with a bunch of strangers to other strangers doors. =p
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I will be voting! I voted last election as well. Our county is a mail-only ballot county so we don't actually go to polling places, we just send in our ballots or drop them off.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I voted last year. Was SO excited too! More excited this year because OBAMA!!!!!! Yes, proud to play my part in my state... which isn't even a swing state. Because my birthday lands either on or just shy of the election on either side, I had to wait till I was 19 to vote anyway - and I turn 20 on Election Tuesday. We had another election for a congressman or someone that resigned, but my mother forwarded my ballot to me... and I go to school in another state, so the county thought I wasn't a legal resident *dur* So, my ballot this year is my second time officially voting. :) It is definitely privilege, and I'm proud to have my say. (and same as Kait, Oregon does their elections by mail. Which, I think, is easier and gives people time to think)

I find it most annoying when people who can vote but aren't registered or just plain didn't vote gripe about the politicians and policies and laws that do get in that voters had a choice in. If you don't like them, THEN VOTE THEM OUT - or at least VOTE to have your say. IT IS FREE *unless mail in, which you need a stamp for*, EASY, AND YOU HAVE A SAY.

I'm not very "politically active" in my community. No time. Not with school. But I do keep up on what is going on, at least in the federal government, seeing as I know more about Washington state politicians then I do my own home state... woops. Plus I tend to get into talking about it on the internet... not that that's helpful, lol.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:\(and same as Kait, Oregon does their elections by mail. Which, I think, is easier and gives people time to think)
But it also leaves room for voter fraud, which is less likely to happen if you actually walk into the polls to vote.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:\(and same as Kait, Oregon does their elections by mail. Which, I think, is easier and gives people time to think)
But it also leaves room for voter fraud, which is less likely to happen if you actually walk into the polls to vote.
TBH, Voter fraud is rare.... very rare.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I figure if I have literally seen fraud going on in my own little polling station in the few minutes that I happen to be there, it basically HAS to be really widespread. >_>

But yeah I've voted in basically every election, but I've skipped a few like... primary with people running unopposed in an odd year type elections. But whenever there is anything of value to vote on, I've been there since THE YEAR 2000. Bush was exciting to vote for in 2000 because it was my first time and he hadn't done anything stupid yet. \:D/ The next two Presidential elections were less exciting, especially last time with our joke candidates that never had a chance... but I'm excited to vote for Mittens R-Money because he actually isn't a moron. \:D/
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I'm not old enough, nor am I in the States, but we have elections down here so.....
I've done a lot of work helping out. My dad's in politics, though a smaller position. Also, he has friends and stuff. So I end up going door to door, doing lit drops, etc. A year or two back, I stuffed envelopes. I'm probably more politically active than people who are 18,19, or 20. Luckily I like most of the candidates who I'm doing this for.
Not to mention my sister works in a Member of Parliaments house!
Funny story. Before my sister worked for him, we went out on a lit drop. But before we went out, we had some sweet stuff. My brother had a toffee, and his tooth came out in it! The MP used to be a dentist, so there's a picture on his volunteer wall of him looking into my brothers mouth!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am registered and will be voting in this election.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I'm too young to vote, but I am fairly politically active.

However, I will deffinately be voting in the next election.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I need to get registered. :anxious: I'm too late for this election though.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I voted for our premier last election!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I didn't get to vote for president last election. I was like 7 months short or something like that. BUT, this one!? Yeah I'm voting....and I've voted for odds and ends between then and now. It's always good to play a part.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I'm too young to vote.

But my dad likes to listen to the debates, so whenever he's home during a debate, since I have the only working radio in the house, he comes into my room. So we sit and listen to the people argue, and I usually do a sudoku or other kind of puzzle. So yeah, that's my political life.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I believe voting is a moral responsibility, so I have voted in every election since I was old enough to.
This is the first presidential election I will be able to vote in.
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

Here in Australia it is compulsary to vote, so yes I have voted in every election since I've been able to.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

aussie aio fan wrote:Here in Australia it is compulsary to vote, so yes I have voted in every election since I've been able to.
I'm probably the only person in America who thinks this, but I'm almost of the opinion it should be mandatory in the U.S., too. :anxious:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Kait wrote:
aussie aio fan wrote:Here in Australia it is compulsary to vote, so yes I have voted in every election since I've been able to.
I'm probably the only person in America who thinks this, but I'm almost of the opinion it should be mandatory in the U.S., too. :anxious:
Too many stupid people in America for this to be a good thing.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I think you should be required to spell the candidate's name correctly before your vote is counted. And before you people think I'm picking on President Obama, I know plenty of people who would not be able to spell Romney's full name.

I find people who choose not to vote to be ignorant. No excuse not to vote. Don't just sit there, complain, and not vote. Ignorance is not bliss... it is just ignorant. I plan to vote, and I'm pretty excited about it since I live in Ohio. Pretty fun (and somewhat annoying) to live here during election season.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.