Iron Man 3 Official Trailer

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Iron Man 3 Official Trailer

Post by Taps »

The first big trailer for Iron Man 3 coming April 26th 2013!

Who's excited? I personally think it will be a really good movie, I think it has the potential to be the best of the Iron Man films, but maybe not as good as the first. What are your opinions on the Trailer and the movie in general?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

From what I can gather, it looks pretty good! Can't wait.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

The trailer looks awesome
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It looks a little angsty for my taste, but perhaps they just packed a disproportionate amount of that stuff into the trailer. ;) I definitely plan to see this soon after it's released! For some reason, whenever I watch anything with Robert Downey Jr in it, it just makes me want to watch more stuff that he's in. :inlove:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I think they are trying to to make average movie-goers believe its a Dark Knight sequel or something. \:D/
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Who's Robert Downey Jr.?

It seems like Tony Stark isn't going to be a complete jerk all over again. I like the way he acted in the trailer. Serious, for once.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Joy wrote:Who's Robert Downey Jr.?
The star of every Iron Man film. >_>
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Trailer looks good :); curious to see how it will turn out. It'll be interesting to see them take it in a more serious direction.

Till the end of the line.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Oh, yeah. I don't do good with names.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Joy wrote:Oh, yeah. I don't do good with names.
If you should know any actor names know Downey's. He is one of my favorite actors of all time.

Yeah, I am really excited about this movie. I hope they capture that serious tone without changing Tony's character too much. I am really excited about the Extremis storyline it looks like they are including in this film. From what I've heard the Iron Patriot suit is just the War Machine with a different paint job :( . Anyway, this looks like it might be my favorite of the Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor sequels, but we haven't seen the other trailers yet so, it's way to early to say for sure. And from what I've seen of the trailer I fear Happy might not make it through this film...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, Iron Patriot is pretty awesome in the comics and obviously the story here is going to be way different for him, hopefully it still cool, though. Stupid Sony needs to quit making Spider-man movies so the rights revert back to Marvel and we can have a proper Iron Patriot. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*thread merged*

...is there no topic about this already? >_> I didn't see it. >_>

So, yay Iron Man 3!? \:D/

Went to an advanced screening the other day, and I didn't know what to expect going in... I love the first film, dislike the second, and Avengers was awesome and would be hard to top, but I walked away really impressed. Difficult to compare it to Avengers because its a very different type of movie, but I think it may have bested the first Iron Man, which was excellent. Definitely has a completely different feel to the other IM films as well as other Marvel films to date.

Anyway, everyone go see it! :x
Taps

Post by Taps »

Awesome, Top loves it!! And he said its better than Iron Man 1! NOW I'm excited! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Haha... well, maybe better than IM1. It just is such a different film its difficult to compare them. That speaks a lot for what directions the genre can take, especially if a movie about the same character can be so divergent.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Just watched a trailer for IM3 (not to be confused with MI:3), and first impressions: The trailer made me like the movie. That doesn't happen a lot. But usually, by the third part of a trilogy, it gets really dumb. But I dunno about this one. At first when I heard that it was coming out, I groaned and shuttered at the thought that it would just be a movie like The Bourne Legacy, all action-no plot. But the trailer surprised me. So it's actually made me look forward to this. Props/kudos to the trailer development team, they did their job superbly.

Now, if it ends where he saves the day, and Pepper is fine, and the crisis averted, I won't like it as much. Now if he dies or his ability to use/make the suits goes away, I will like the movie a whole lot more. But I'll make the judgement when I see it.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

This came up with the Batman trilogy... I'm not sure why people would have any expectations of the main character in a series would die (and in this case, with Avengers 2 on the horizon) when he has lived happily for decades in comic books without dying. >_> But that's just me.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Because I'm one of those types of people that doesn't like every movie to have happy endings. :x
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Whitty Whit wrote:Because I'm one of those types of people that doesn't like every movie to have happy endings. :x
LOL. Well yeah, and sometimes it can be good to have a bittersweet at best ending.

I'm not going to say anything super spoilerific, but I'll hide it just in case:
While I expect he will be worked into Avengers 2 in some way, the movie ended in a satisfying enough way that I feel his character arc is over... and while if an Iron Man 4 turns up eventually, I'm sure I'd see it, but it was a great end to the trilogy of his own films and honestly could work to exit his character completely... but he's too popular with fans for that. ;) Although I could see this being the end of Iron Man solo films, I assume Disney will shell out the big bucks to get him in the ensemble films.
...and be sure to stay until after the credits. \:D/
Taps

Post by Taps »

I'm seeing it tomorrow! I'm super pumped. As far as character deaths go, I'm certain ol' Tony won't die, but I'm hoping at least something really emotional happens in the movie. One character death that I wish happened was Wreck it Ralph... maybe that was just me ;) Anyway, I can't believe this movie has already made almost half a billion!! That's crazy!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

So I saw this, and surprisingly I was sucked right in. \:D/ I think I enjoyed this more than the Avengers. I was almost inspired to write an essay about it being a relevant critique of corporate power in America and an exposition of terrorism, but in the end I was just content with how they managed Tony and Pepper's relationship. If new-and-improved Pepper lands a significant role in Avengers 2, I'll be a whole lot more excited for it.
Last edited by jelly on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait